Mon, Sep 9, 5:08 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Welcome to the Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd

Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 06 5:43 pm)

banner

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: Poser 11 - How to transform/import .duf files into obj

RAGraphicDesign ( ) posted Sat, 01 October 2022 at 4:57 AM · edited Sun, 08 September 2024 at 10:04 PM

I don't know if this is the right place ..., but using Poser 11.
I often see products that I like but only for DS. I would like to import them as objects and therefore as prop ..... But I'm not familiar with .duf files.

My Store

My Freestuff

infinity10 ( ) posted Sat, 01 October 2022 at 6:18 AM

I actually have DS installed and then export from there.

Eternal Hobbyist

RAGraphicDesign ( ) posted Sat, 01 October 2022 at 7:08 AM
infinity10 posted at 6:18 AM Sat, 1 October 2022 - #4445623

I actually have DS installed and then export from there.

I had read somewhere (I don't remember where) a discussion about .duf files

My Store

My Freestuff

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sat, 01 October 2022 at 8:07 AM
Site Admin

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

RAGraphicDesign ( ) posted Sat, 01 October 2022 at 8:39 AM

Thanks RedPhantom, Unfortunately I work on Mac ...:(

My Store

My Freestuff

DCArt ( ) posted Sat, 01 October 2022 at 9:41 AM

The only way I can think of is to actually use DAZ Studio to export as an OBJ. It has an option to export as Poser Scale.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Sun, 02 October 2022 at 3:38 PM

DS to Poser, 11 or 12: no problems with some items.
For Stonemason's villa I've exported in Collada format, retrieved the bitmaps and setup the materials to use Cycles in Poser.
For other items, I had to use the FBX format. Once again, I'm used to rebuild the materials as most of the time, what I buy for Poser is using old setups, except for a few awesome vendors which are creating the right materials directly.

The choice between Collada or FBX depends on the fact that, depending on how it is thought and setup, you may retrieve everything posed as the coordinates (0, 0, 0) using Collada, but when it works, it's cool and more stable: the problem with FBX is that each program seem to have its own version, that's particularly weird when its Majesty Blender itself sends you to strawberry fields, saying something like "Nah... FBX too old, I refuse" 😁

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
👿 Mac Mini M2, 16GB, 500GB SSD
👿 Nas 10TB
👿 Poser 13 and soon 14 ❤️

NikKelly ( ) posted Mon, 03 October 2022 at 6:57 AM

I prefer DSF Tools, but that struggles with high-poly meshes, does not provide an MTL and often mangles complex scenes.

Although DS' UI gives me a prompt migraine, here's my recipe for using that route...

https://www.deviantart.com/nik-2213/art/Porting-DAZ-Studio-props-to-Poser-friendly-OBJ-MTL-911478576

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.