Sat, Aug 3, 10:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Customers

Welcome to the MarketPlace Customers Forum

Forum Moderators: tim, msansing, ebasham

MarketPlace Customers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 02 8:57 am)

Contact and Support Information:

To reach our Marketplace staff, please open a support ticket at
support.renderosity.com

Our goal is to respond to support tickets within 24 hours, 7 days a week.

Subject: Genesis/DS Only Heavy Newsletters

KageRyu ( ) posted Thu, 17 November 2022 at 6:11 PM · edited Wed, 24 July 2024 at 8:50 PM

I have already, long ago, unsubscribed from the DS newsletters from renderosity. I do not use DS or Genesis and have no interest in it whatsoever.  Still, even more in recent months, I receive far more newsletters from Renderosity that are nearly exclusively for Genesis 8 or DS only  content than for Poser.  For every 1 newsletter I receive for Poser related news or content I receive 6 to 8 that are all Genesis products or all DS only products.  I want to opt out of these. It is especially annoying given that Renderosity now owns Poser and seems more invested in pushing DS content, content that is of no interest to me as a Poser user, nor will it get me to continue to invest in Poser.  Can we please  properly categorize the emails going out so these are sent as DS emails and not received by those of us not interested?  Those of us who already opted out of DS news?

It seems my only other option is to unsubscribe from all newsletters from Renderosity, which I would rather not do.

The New HD Toaster from Wamco toasts bread more evenly and acurately than Standard Toasters. Take advantage of the FULL resolution of your bread and try one today, because if your toast isn't in High Definition, you are not getting the most of your toast!

jennblake ( ) posted Mon, 21 November 2022 at 1:29 PM

Our newsletters reflect the current sales that are going on. Or new releases into the marketplace. Etc. We do our best to include content for both pieces of software. But we are limited by what is released into the marketplace, and vendors who participate in any specific sale. 😄

Thalek ( ) posted Tue, 06 December 2022 at 6:43 PM

I spoke with one vendor on an unrelated matter, and they pointed out to me that their Poser products were not selling nearly as well as their Daz Studio products.  The vendors are going where the customers are willing to pay to go.

I don't know why the Daz Studio products look better than the Poser-compatible products, but I can usually tell which is which just by looking at the images before reading the ad copy.

I don't know if Poser 13 will be able to use Daz products again or not, but I think such compatibility might address the current disparity between the two.  If compatibility isn't the issue, then I don't know what can be done to close the gap.  I only know that I don't want to stop using Poser, but if the vendors can't get people to buy Poser-compatible products, then I may have to go where the vendors are going, if I want new items in my Runtime.

KageRyu ( ) posted Tue, 06 December 2022 at 8:15 PM

I wasn't discussing disparity between products or what sells better, or why there's more content for one than the other - just if a newsletter has only content usable in DS can it be marked as a Daz newsletter as I have opted out of those because I am not a DS user.  Just not interested in newsletters full of content I won't use.  Since Jenn's response is Renderosity's position and there wont be a change perhaps it is best to just lock this thread so it doesn't turn into something it's not intended to be.

The New HD Toaster from Wamco toasts bread more evenly and acurately than Standard Toasters. Take advantage of the FULL resolution of your bread and try one today, because if your toast isn't in High Definition, you are not getting the most of your toast!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.