Renderosity Forums / Poser 13

Welcome to the Poser 13 Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd, RedPhantom

(Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 10:22 am)

Subject: Show your Poser 13 renders!

hornet3d ( ) posted Sat, 04 November 2023 at 8:58 AM

Thalek posted at 10:48 PM Fri, 3 November 2023 - #4477284

JustBeCause posted at 6:13 PM Fri, 3 November 2023 - #4477275

Passed some time enhancing the Fog Box and finally got it set up to work quiet well ....

Teaser of the Poser Godzilla that I just finished up, after a data drive crash that made me loose a whole lot of Models that I was working on the past few month.

Sorry to hear about the data loss.  It's why, after a similar experience, I collected up all my installer files for everything I could recover, in case I had to deal with another crash someday.

The Fog Box is looking beautiful there.  I haven't played much with fog since I got Nerd3D's Fog Tool years ago, and an experience with Atmosphere when I created a Godzilla image of my own more than a decade ago.  (It's in my gallery as "Illuminatus". Not nearly as good as yours, but I liked the effect of the search lights at the time.)

I have everything backed up multiple times, including installers but I also back up the whole runtime so that I can be back up and running without having to install everything.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

JanusJsenwark ( ) posted Sun, 05 November 2023 at 1:38 AM · edited Sun, 05 November 2023 at 1:38 AM

By the way.....

My recommendation if an Nvidia graphics card is in the game, install the studio driver and not the game ready driver. The Studio driver is more stable and Poser doesn't crash as often. However, the crashes won't stop completely and for me it often takes Windows down with it. When it comes to projects, I save the scene straight away, I know my adrenaline level when everything disappears into a black monitor image after hours of work...

21oNLKuc1Q4AdGSyYUAXeeSpiA8uVN9hQZgURmpb.jpg

shvrdavid ( ) posted Sun, 05 November 2023 at 9:26 AM

Poser is not supported in the Studio drivers, and probably never will be either. Poser uses very old OpenGl, that none of the supported programs in the studio driver would ever use. So you are actually better off with the gaming drivers that support older runtimes/api's. The differences between studio and game drivers are widely misunderstood. The differences between them has more to do with the program extensions than the core of the driver. That is why they also share build numbers, because they are basically the same driver cores..... The only benefit to a studio driver, is if you are using a program that the driver contains specific support for, and that support is not in the gaming driver. They basically just separated the downloads on what's supported, to make them smaller. Accept for one area.......

If your screen goes black when it crashes, you have a power supply or video card problem. Drivers wont fix that other than the studio drivers reduce power used by the card slightly to limit problems from occurring that are power spike related. Upgrade your power supply..... 

Some things are easy to explain, other things are not........ <- Store ->   <-Freebies->

JustBeCause ( ) posted Sun, 05 November 2023 at 11:11 AM · edited Sun, 05 November 2023 at 11:16 AM

I also had quiet some peaks on my Machine, not that it is having low power but some of them sure were causing the explorer to crash, Hard drives were running at full speed because Microsoft is running stuff in the background getting info of your apps and data. Well that one was the worst case " The compattelrunner.exe " Compatibility Appraiser, or Compatibility Telemetry. Due very large drive with loads of 3D data it was scanning these regularly over day's and the Cpu load also raised just to send all this data to Microsoft ! So I just turned it off. Just took some time checking the Processes in the task manager and see what is causing peaks, if possible shut there function off so that they do not run unnecessary. Finally I got My computer down on a average of 15 watts to 50 watts when using normally, if running Poser or watching a Movie the CPU runs at a max of 20W for movie and 40W for Poser . All this is making Poser very stable and only experience Crashes if it is an issue in Poser itself, normally I can run a work in progress for day's without having to close or fear that it shuts down. Things I know what poser do not like I just avoid or quickly save and reload the scene cleaning it out . 

It sure was worth checking things out so my PC Cpu temp fell down between 20c to 50c with just one simple cooling Van    

JanusJsenwark ( ) posted Sun, 05 November 2023 at 1:51 PM

The fact is, with the game ready driver the crash is foreseeable, I don't even need to try. With the Studio Driver I have a lot more time to get something up and running before Poser says goodbye. I've played the game way too many times. With 1000 watts, it's anything but a power undersupply for me. I believe that Poser has a real problem with complex operations, be it the amount of data or the integrity of the calculations. In addition, the connection to the operating system does not seem to work, like an estranged married couple who only live in the same house. When I try more complex processes with Poser, it's only a matter of time before Poser packs up and leaves the scene. This doesn't happen in Blender, at least not for me. It doesn't matter if you know that and are prepared.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sun, 05 November 2023 at 7:32 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

When you say more complex operations, what are you referring to? Fancier shaders, more people in a scene? Lots of details, fog, something I'm not thinking about tonight?

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

hornet3d ( ) posted Sun, 05 November 2023 at 10:23 PM
Charly_99 posted at 1:51 PM Sun, 5 November 2023 - #4477340

The fact is, with the game ready driver the crash is foreseeable, I don't even need to try. With the Studio Driver I have a lot more time to get something up and running before Poser says goodbye. I've played the game way too many times. With 1000 watts, it's anything but a power undersupply for me. I believe that Poser has a real problem with complex operations, be it the amount of data or the integrity of the calculations. In addition, the connection to the operating system does not seem to work, like an estranged married couple who only live in the same house. When I try more complex processes with Poser, it's only a matter of time before Poser packs up and leaves the scene. This doesn't happen in Blender, at least not for me. It doesn't matter if you know that and are prepared.

I am nothing short of amazed at what I can produce with Poser on a mini PC, while it is fairly high specification for a mini PC is it pretty basic when compared with desktops and the massive systems that some people posting here use.

As to Poser leaving the scene, well I have been playing with Poser for 23 years now and it's demise has been predicted constantly during those 23 years but I guess if we keep saying it, it has to be right one year.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

Thalek ( ) posted Mon, 06 November 2023 at 1:24 AM

JustBeCause posted at 7:20 AM Sat, 4 November 2023 - #4477298

Matter of fact I backup everything I got 2 times or more, often I buy a new HD to make full backups every year especially for the 3D stuff. I never of thought loosing the work drive, this one can't be backed up as every day there are big changes and hooked up with all the temp, setup functions of 3D programs. A real add remove drive until as long as a project is not finished, then when done it gets moved to a drive and backed up. Something like this never happen in the past 20 years! 

Yes that Fog box can really be useful, I started making a sort of puppet master out of it. A morphing Atmosphere box, adding interactive master dials that will be also changing the animated enabled material node settings, this will ease up the effect you wish having for your renders. Now just waiting to see if Poser will get a fix for the render speed issues on the next update .....

Would getting a large drive and doing incremental backups help any? If you did an incremental backup once a week, you couldn't lose more than a week's worth of work, horrific as even that thought is.  (Not that I've taken my own advice, but as drives are coming down in cost and increasing in capacity, it would be a good idea to start taking my own advice.) If you have a lot of files moving in and out every day, the average incremental backup would stay roughly the same size as the now removed files would not be included.

Am I being Commodore Obvious here, or did I actually say something useful for a change?

I'll have to look into using fog occasionally again.

hornet3d ( ) posted Mon, 06 November 2023 at 4:45 AM
Thalek posted at 1:24 AM Mon, 6 November 2023 - #4477362

Matter of fact I backup everything I got 2 times or more, often I buy a new HD to make full backups every year especially for the 3D stuff. I never of thought loosing the work drive, this one can't be backed up as every day there are big changes and hooked up with all the temp, setup functions of 3D programs. A real add remove drive until as long as a project is not finished, then when done it gets moved to a drive and backed up. Something like this never happen in the past 20 years! 

Yes that Fog box can really be useful, I started making a sort of puppet master out of it. A morphing Atmosphere box, adding interactive master dials that will be also changing the animated enabled material node settings, this will ease up the effect you wish having for your renders. Now just waiting to see if Poser will get a fix for the render speed issues on the next update .....

Would getting a large drive and doing incremental backups help any? If you did an incremental backup once a week, you couldn't lose more than a week's worth of work, horrific as even that thought is.  (Not that I've taken my own advice, but as drives are coming down in cost and increasing in capacity, it would be a good idea to start taking my own advice.) If you have a lot of files moving in and out every day, the average incremental backup would stay roughly the same size as the now removed files would not be included.

Am I being Commodore Obvious here, or did I actually say something useful for a change?

I'll have to look into using fog occasionally again.

If you are running Windows, Karen's Replicator is still available, I have been told the author is no longer with us,  but it still works and is free.  It automates the whole backup process  and is really just a question of setting it up and letting it run in the background. The neat part is the program only makes incremental backups but the whole folder or drive structure is maintained.  This allows the backups to be quick but if a restore is ever required it is just a question of starting the process and letting it run.  The program has all sorts of options like the back up days, frequency whether deletions are propagated or not and many other options.   A quick search of the Internet for Karen's Replicator should find the correct version for the version of Windows you are running.  I have used the program for years and have also used it for recovery more than once and it worked like a dream.  

Y-Phil ( ) posted Mon, 06 November 2023 at 5:13 AM

I've to say that I've never had  Poser crashed at render time, since at least Poser 11 (even before that was with another PC). During summer, I've replaced my 2080Ti with a 4070OC that needs at most 20W less than the 2080TI, so that I've no problems with the power supply.
And I'm using nvidia's Studio version since so long that I can't remember when I switched off from the Games Ready version, but clearly at the time that meant more stability from my personal point of view.

The only times Poser crashes are because of Python:
- taking its time to load a pose that references bitmaps too
- taking its time to do... mysterious things allover the scene when I'm just replacing a bitmap of a character (hint: the same operation on an empty scene is really faster)

My conclusion is the same with any not-compiled langages including Java (no: Python isn't really compiled, it's pre-compiled and needs somewhere a kind of interpreter): at one moment, the resources are so off that you have two options: wait for a crash or save, quit, launch and reload the program.

Now I know that when I need to work on a resource-heavy scene: I work on different elements separately. Once all is included in the final scene: save.

I still trust the Studio version for the moment.

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
👿 Mac Mini M2, 16GB, 500GB SSD
👿 Nas 10TB
👿 Poser 13 and soon 14 ❤️

JustBeCause ( ) posted Mon, 06 November 2023 at 8:48 AM · edited Mon, 06 November 2023 at 8:51 AM

Working on some Interactive master Dials ....

YTGk8HBZlUQqm4dUJSeuh3xWmiG7DR7ZX7rT66zQ.png

Full function of the Rapid-Fire Action Dial

59M5yDjdgtexsiFSMLCADA4wkq5b9bdY8PMJscWI.gif

Sure took me a while to figure out the right settings ( just a quick Firefly Render )

shvrdavid ( ) posted Mon, 06 November 2023 at 11:16 AM · edited Mon, 06 November 2023 at 11:21 AM

Wattage overhead of a power supply has basically nothing to do with dirty power and crashes. Any power supply can start to create dirty power when the system loads change quickly. The screen going black under heavy load changes is the primary sign of this. If the GPU driver fails in Windows, and it doesn't matter what driver it is, the screen still displays. It may change resolution and flash, but it doesn't go black from a driver failure. The GPU driver is a second layer, and the windows driver, is the primary driver. 

If there is dirty power or worse yet an under volt during the load change, the screen goes black and programs crash. Even if you have a 1400+ watt supply this can happen during a transient power change or spike.

Wattage does not equal stability, and it never has. Consistent clean power is the key.

The 3000 series cards are the worst offenders in the Nvidia line up. A 3000 series gpu can pull from a normal of 200-350 watt under load, and spike well over 600 for a few milliseconds. If the power supply can not provide clean power during that transient spike, or worse yet there is a voltage sag, the screen will go black, and programs crash. Oddly enough, the studio drivers try to prevent those spikes from occurring by clock and wait state changes. Ironic that the driver masks the problem, that is still going to be there....

I have seen this many times, and know many people that were having the same issues that they did not think was a power supply problem because they had "enough wattage". Those systems had 850 to 1400 watt supplies that could not handle transient changes in power output, and crashed when they occurred. When the power supply was replaced the problem magically went away....

All GPU's and CPU's that have very quick load changes can push any power supply past it limits of providing clean power. It doesn't matter how many watts of overhead the supply has either.

In the end, the only difference is if the power supply makes dirty power or has a voltage sag during the outrush when the spike occurs.... If it is under voltage or sagging, it will eventually destroy most of the system components. Some slowly, some just die out of the blue, like hard drives....... When the voltage goes down or sags, the amperage goes way up.... Amps are what lets that magic smoke out of electronics, and you can't put it back afterwards..... 

Power supplies are one of the cheapest parts in a computer. And also the only one that can kill the entire system if let go after it has already shown it is going bad........ 

The screen going black is a sure sign of that.....

Just to give an odd example. The system I am typing on is a 13th gen Intel system, 64 gig of memory, 22+ terabytes of storage, two RTX Nvidia gpus. The system has a server grade 750 watt power supply. Yes, 750, and that is not a typo, it can handle 1000+ spikes. Technically it is too small of a power supply, and it never misses a beat with the system fully loaded..... There are no voltage sags, no dirty power, at all.... I know that, because I tested the supply to 850 watts...

Poser rarely crashes on this system, neither do any other programs. Wattage does not equal stability, and it never has. I use the 4000 series gaming drivers..... And one of the cards is not a 4000 series card....

The core of the drivers, is basically the same on all RTX drivers..... With the acceptation of stability fixes like preventing your power supply from going belly up, in the studio drivers.....

Some things are easy to explain, other things are not........ <- Store ->   <-Freebies->

Y-Phil ( ) posted Mon, 06 November 2023 at 12:27 PM

shvrdavid posted at 11:16 AM Mon, 6 November 2023 - #4477380

Wattage overhead of a power supply has basically nothing to do with dirty power and crashes. Any power supply can start to create dirty power when the system loads change quickly. The screen going black under heavy load changes is the primary sign of this. If the GPU driver fails in Windows, and it doesn't matter what driver it is, the screen still displays. It may change resolution and flash, but it doesn't go black from a driver failure. The GPU driver is a second layer, and the windows driver, is the primary driver. 

If there is dirty power or worse yet an under volt during the load change, the screen goes black and programs crash. Even if you have a 1400+ watt supply this can happen during a transient power change or spike.

Wattage does not equal stability, and it never has. Consistent clean power is the key.

The 3000 series cards are the worst offenders in the Nvidia line up. A 3000 series gpu can pull from a normal of 200-350 watt under load, and spike well over 600 for a few milliseconds. If the power supply can not provide clean power during that transient spike, or worse yet there is a voltage sag, the screen will go black, and programs crash. Oddly enough, the studio drivers try to prevent those spikes from occurring by clock and wait state changes. Ironic that the driver masks the problem, that is still going to be there....

I have seen this many times, and know many people that were having the same issues that they did not think was a power supply problem because they had "enough wattage". Those systems had 850 to 1400 watt supplies that could not handle transient changes in power output, and crashed when they occurred. When the power supply was replaced the problem magically went away....

All GPU's and CPU's that have very quick load changes can push any power supply past it limits of providing clean power. It doesn't matter how many watts of overhead the supply has either.

In the end, the only difference is if the power supply makes dirty power or has a voltage sag during the outrush when the spike occurs.... If it is under voltage or sagging, it will eventually destroy most of the system components. Some slowly, some just die out of the blue, like hard drives....... When the voltage goes down or sags, the amperage goes way up.... Amps are what lets that magic smoke out of electronics, and you can't put it back afterwards..... 

Power supplies are one of the cheapest parts in a computer. And also the only one that can kill the entire system if let go after it has already shown it is going bad........ 

The screen going black is a sure sign of that.....

Just to give an odd example. The system I am typing on is a 13th gen Intel system, 64 gig of memory, 22+ terabytes of storage, two RTX Nvidia gpus. The system has a server grade 750 watt power supply. Yes, 750, and that is not a typo, it can handle 1000+ spikes. Technically it is too small of a power supply, and it never misses a beat with the system fully loaded..... There are no voltage sags, no dirty power, at all.... I know that, because I tested the supply to 850 watts...

Poser rarely crashes on this system, neither do any other programs. Wattage does not equal stability, and it never has. I use the 4000 series gaming drivers..... And one of the cards is not a 4000 series card....

The core of the drivers, is basically the same on all RTX drivers..... With the acceptation of stability fixes like preventing your power supply from going belly up, in the studio drivers.....

Thank you so much for this most excellent explanation.
I'll keep an eye on this.
I have to say that in my region, the electricity seem rather stable, but just in case, I've equipped my system with an UPS, and now my Win10 almost reacts as if I'm on a portable, displaying the level of the battery. I even had to redefine some parameters because it switched some parameters to "economy mode" Qan4KRPi4oU8QkuaS1k4TO2JSMs21ZOCJWlGydsM.gif

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
👿 Nas 10TB

Thalek ( ) posted Tue, 07 November 2023 at 11:04 PM
hornet3d posted at 4:45 AM Mon, 6 November 2023 - #4477365

Thalek posted at 1:24 AM Mon, 6 November 2023 - #4477362

If you are running Windows, Karen's Replicator is still available, I have been told the author is no longer with us,  but it still works and is free.  It automates the whole backup process  and is really just a question of setting it up and letting it run in the background. The neat part is the program only makes incremental backups but the whole folder or drive structure is maintained.  This allows the backups to be quick but if a restore is ever required it is just a question of starting the process and letting it run.  The program has all sorts of options like the back up days, frequency whether deletions are propagated or not and many other options.   A quick search of the Internet for Karen's Replicator should find the correct version for the version of Windows you are running.  I have used the program for years and have also used it for recovery more than once and it worked like a dream.  

Thanks, I'll have to look into that program.

Yes, precisely! It's my understanding that incremental backup software makes a full backup the first time, and then only copies the changes for subsequent operations.  Especially for people who have large drives, it would cut down immensely on their storage requirements, and you can choose to restore just the most recent copy, or restore the full thing.  Possibly with options between, like just the runtime(s).  That's speculation on my part, but it seems like a reasonable feature to put in.  Most of the time, you only have to replace the damaged or missing data, not the whole thing.

And, of course, a daily incremental backup would take much less time than a full backup would, so Hornet3D would be saving time as well as space. The exact time required would depend on how long it took the program to scan a disk for changes (probably by scanning just the directory, rather than the entire directory; again, a speculation on my part), but it would still use less time than a full backup.  I currently use the program Everything to index all of my files on all of my drives to make searches easier, and when it initially starts up, it is currently set up to update its database.  I've never timed it, but I think it's five minutes or less. An incremental backup would take longer than that, but still, how long does it take to scan an entire directory of one hard drive, and then copy a few hundred files?

[chuckle] Guess I'll find out for myself if I start using this backup software you recommend.

Thanks again.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Mon, 13 November 2023 at 4:33 PM · edited Mon, 13 November 2023 at 4:34 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Aaaand second character with... "Natural Plasma Technology" on the skin - lol  XHRi6ALTRcTuZ5PHQszXHjkVeki7YIPm8NuBHMVh.gif I've used a few of Poser's corrections tools, including the Bloom effect.

MHx3MxpHAJUGYUowMUYQkCdD1K3VfEAFcMGomfvY.jpg

Not sure that the Nudity flag is useful but just in case SZerMwoSmDTWJszOTOUXgwynymYfeUXvRh9ycdf1.gif

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Nas 10TB

Bastep ( ) posted Mon, 13 November 2023 at 4:47 PM
Y-Phil posted at 4:33 PM Mon, 13 November 2023 - #4477642

Aaaand second character with... "Natural Plasma Technology" on the skin - lol  XHRi6ALTRcTuZ5PHQszXHjkVeki7YIPm8NuBHMVh.gif I've used a few of Poser's corrections tools, including the Bloom effect.

Not sure that the Nudity flag is useful but just in case SZerMwoSmDTWJszOTOUXgwynymYfeUXvRh9ycdf1.gif

Looks great!

Y-Phil ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2023 at 1:21 AM
Bastep posted at 4:47 PM Mon, 13 November 2023 - #4477648

Y-Phil posted at 4:33 PM Mon, 13 November 2023 - #4477642

Looks great!

Thank you YbEu1zomB8dNMG5pV46GeVWhs9R3nU4v22P1apN2.gif

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Nas 10TB

elena_c ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2023 at 2:52 PM · edited Tue, 14 November 2023 at 2:52 PM

Playing with translucency and SSS for naturals. Incidental La Femme 2 in the scene for scale. Box with volume for atmosphere. Everything is Cycles-based. Light is an HDRI.

2VTbuEF0TQyx3kRD4CKJGQgsOye480LPirfI9Czm.jpg

RedPhantom ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2023 at 3:31 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

That is pretty

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Wed, 15 November 2023 at 6:04 AM

Gorgeous render, Elena! "LF2 for scale" made me chuckle xD

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Wed, 15 November 2023 at 9:21 AM
elena_c posted at 2:52 PM Tue, 14 November 2023 - #4477694

Playing with translucency and SSS for naturals. Incidental La Femme 2 in the scene for scale. Box with volume for atmosphere. Everything is Cycles-based. Light is an HDRI.

Wow...

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Nas 10TB

shvrdavid ( ) posted Wed, 15 November 2023 at 4:46 PM · edited Wed, 15 November 2023 at 4:46 PM

MJcq1nKs5uCZmHXopo2ze8mvtW90DCitWGgVhiBc.jpg

Doodling with a character I am working on.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Thu, 16 November 2023 at 5:17 AM
shvrdavid posted at 4:46 PM Wed, 15 November 2023 - #4477764

Wow: splendid portrait

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Nas 10TB

jroulin ( ) posted Thu, 16 November 2023 at 9:02 AM · edited Thu, 16 November 2023 at 9:02 AM

Testing my new outfit for LaFemme2 together with old stuff found in my Runtime. Added an very old Fog object that I did years ago when starting in 3D. Absolutely not optimized but the result is not too bad.

1IznY4XSNihXX1D1fch4HW2KFqYD3VjbS4F6wbQB.jpg

hornet3d ( ) posted Thu, 16 November 2023 at 10:06 AM
shvrdavid posted at 4:46 PM Wed, 15 November 2023 - #4477764

MJcq1nKs5uCZmHXopo2ze8mvtW90DCitWGgVhiBc.jpg

Breathtaking.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Thu, 16 November 2023 at 11:10 AM
jroulin posted at 9:02 AM Thu, 16 November 2023 - #4477782

Testing my new outfit for LaFemme2 together with old stuff found in my Runtime. Added an very old Fog object that I did years ago when starting in 3D. Absolutely not optimized but the result is not too bad.

Very, very nice

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Nas 10TB

shvrdavid ( ) posted Fri, 17 November 2023 at 10:27 AM

Character test....

93f6f4c68e3d581b9c7ffd7ade43ceca_original.jpg

shvrdavid ( ) posted Fri, 17 November 2023 at 2:29 PM

More doodles.... 

87b3cb571f83bcce6836d99006d05378_original.jpg

JanusJsenwark ( ) posted Fri, 17 November 2023 at 6:56 PM · edited Fri, 17 November 2023 at 6:56 PM

Here are five render impressions with Nova from Vyusur.
No PostFX on all 5.
Own skin shader with the original skins from Vyusur. Unfortunately, Vyusur didn't include any normal maps for Nova, so the bump maps had to do their best.
Some of the skins didn't quite fit and I had to make some improvements, but the beautiful Nova can be forgiven, she can't help it...

0n2bnV7k2koy75Gaz6rRWKuISu070vqnMLsFHiZW.jpg

g9gGioqYlzW4cEZ2lPN3WOxgd5jxap26xnW7LUX0.jpg

ux82MffiH83alaQDeNz7iEtZO6luYzijmhUzJ82T.jpg

QwUqmW3X3Z84xbvLriplN5gw3uc2wwErxVwvsmtO.jpg

T2zEGWUNokbn5n29JYH23DXQPjyLRe2r2rhTvrkn.jpg

Bastep ( ) posted Sat, 18 November 2023 at 4:04 AM
Charly_99 posted at 6:56 PM Fri, 17 November 2023 - #4477874

Here are five render impressions with Nova from Vyusur.
No PostFX on all 5.
Own skin shader with the original skins from Vyusur. Unfortunately, Vyusur didn't include any normal maps for Nova, so the bump maps had to do their best.
Some of the skins didn't quite fit and I had to make some improvements, but the beautiful Nova can be forgiven, she can't help it...

Very nice!
Have a nice day

JanusJsenwark ( ) posted Sat, 18 November 2023 at 9:47 AM · edited Sat, 18 November 2023 at 9:47 AM

Thanks Bastep

Grandma Tilly's tea terminal...

She had been looking for him for a few weeks but her eyes weren't what they used to be many years ago.
The next one will be ordered with a GPS tracking system.

N3WOqyTbhSIalbdmQw9lAIDFt0WP90U9DCqMxvw6.jpg

Without PostFX... :)

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 18 November 2023 at 10:23 AM

Very nice render.  The only thing missing is the small accumulation of dust in the corners.

JustBeCause ( ) posted Sat, 18 November 2023 at 12:09 PM · edited Sat, 18 November 2023 at 12:09 PM

just had to give it a shot ... Poser in combination with AI . There is so much talking about it so it got me really curious.....

d13ge25s09bEiH3XYFcSRIxwENMiOpOJjsCI3oz2.png

iUG7hqH1iMnkFcCHzvroshA4UIpdQAfsf6yve0rv.png

gwIjbpET1wV02fd0Dhp4Lu8W7zAoXbs5XZ2joAC6.png

biTPTw38rix6vgF0k7LduLZOAsgJy3HRi8kck57p.png

jHBGmNSmQmk4kKJ7XNIQ0LlcmBTiW2vKddlS5qno.png

shvrdavid ( ) posted Sat, 18 November 2023 at 9:23 PM

These are alpha-beta-not quiet done images, of a character I am finalizing for the store.

82b8d09067e346005197b55094dcd3d4_original.jpg

300af1a4c472d0bc901ca034736c1e56_original.jpg

shvrdavid ( ) posted Sun, 19 November 2023 at 11:52 AM

e718f2630f60a6a9221cb39a87a845ea_original.jpg

Bastep ( ) posted Mon, 20 November 2023 at 1:14 PM · edited Mon, 20 November 2023 at 1:14 PM
Y-Phil posted at 4:17 PM Fri, 22 September 2023 - #4475052

RAMWorks posted at 11:14 AM Fri, 22 September 2023 - #4475029

Really gorgeous and classy!  Love to know your lighting setup for this render.  Care to share?  

Thank you 
Not sure if my response deserves the Nudity tag... LQnEsI1Eue7qTjqL5wSa1fBWlzKkpJVEYIGSIrQj.gif

From the main camera, used to render, it looks like this:

I have used three cylinders, strategically placed:

Each cylinder uses a material described by... I don't remember who, but it was here. This setup lets you control:

- the temperature of the light

- power

- and even the distance

Here's what I used for the big cylinder in front:

JrBcMoOCu9NGJHFiYSK6U5RVJ5OeiQ9r7HFgIa9C.png

Hello Y-Phil. I have finally tried your light shader. I am totally thrilled with it. Super work.

Greetings

Oip5RbQ0x817qwVG7Pk77PRb7s0wXQEWB76rw5rS.png
LctiqtxZ4GTnB6ghiAXhCk7CWvldl9AVtzpa6IZm.png

Y-Phil ( ) posted Mon, 20 November 2023 at 2:46 PM · edited Mon, 20 November 2023 at 2:46 PM
Bastep posted at 1:14 PM Mon, 20 November 2023 - #4477974
Y-Phil posted at 4:17 PM Fri, 22 September 2023 - #4475052

RAMWorks posted at 11:14 AM Fri, 22 September 2023 - #4475029

Really gorgeous and classy!  Love to know your lighting setup for this render.  Care to share?  

Thank you 
Not sure if my response deserves the Nudity tag... LQnEsI1Eue7qTjqL5wSa1fBWlzKkpJVEYIGSIrQj.gif

From the main camera, used to render, it looks like this:

I have used three cylinders, strategically placed:

Each cylinder uses a material described by... I don't remember who, but it was here. This setup lets you control:

- the temperature of the light

- power

- and even the distance

Here's what I used for the big cylinder in front:

Hello Y-Phil. I have finally tried your light shader. I am totally thrilled with it. Super work.

Greetings

I have to re-publish it as I'm not the author, and II can't remember who, shrdavid?

Anyway: it let us create amazing effects indeed.
Fantastic pictures tgFbPkpIkX9a9MG2KvfUTeK0xer9ilyrMtGV5Hp1.gif

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Nas 10TB

shvrdavid ( ) posted Tue, 21 November 2023 at 11:21 PM

Yep, guilty as charged... That is the light shader I posted here in this very thread. I explained how I used it a bit here and in another thread about putting light inside something.

You can set the ray cutoff distance and simulate a Firefly point light all but perfectly as long as the camera is further away than the ray length or out of the cameras view. It works good in animations for street lights, as well. The large number of lights wont light the entire scene up all the way up down the street and the camera wont be able to see the emitter until the camera is within the ray length. There are far more things you can do with a setup like that using the other light path tricks in combination. 

It comes in very handy. I'm glad people are getting use out of it and creating cool renders with it.

On another note, this character is done. Coming to a runtime near you and it is for LaFemme 2.

5JkAS0KD3CXqZOysdlac19a9ByUVS7aIjr8pm1t1.jpg

Y-Phil ( ) posted Wed, 22 November 2023 at 3:37 AM · edited Wed, 22 November 2023 at 3:37 AM
shvrdavid posted at 11:21 PM Tue, 21 November 2023 - #4478015

FDFcmZ1r7Ddzj3nbe5JJ6ZnqclOzoziBG3ReTLON.gif

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Nas 10TB

shvrdavid ( ) posted Wed, 22 November 2023 at 9:02 PM

1fedae940f0074dd902db1f43ea96785_original.jpg

Making some more hair fits for freebies.... 

shvrdavid ( ) posted Thu, 23 November 2023 at 2:37 AM

Doodling with LaFemme 2 and 3D Coat Textura

17fbdbf6d51632175079cb7c415626f8_original.jpg

shvrdavid ( ) posted Fri, 24 November 2023 at 3:24 PM

Here is another one I started working on for LF2. Not sure which one will make it to the store.

ae4486f9329d40b7468c9ee57871044e_original.jpg

JustBeCause ( ) posted Fri, 24 November 2023 at 4:42 PM

1st Render test with latest Poser Unimesh figure in combination with the Fog Box in Poser 13.1.5....

7Ep7oMokXTGcBzZ81eD7kJyOE1DM4yvSytFE0GrM.png

JustBeCause ( ) posted Fri, 24 November 2023 at 5:37 PM · edited Fri, 24 November 2023 at 5:47 PM

I just Used the above Poser new Unimesh figure in combination with AI, two mixed with Dragon and one with mecha sure does generate amazing results ..... Can also be very helpful for new Poser Creature creations, they sure would be bad ass poser figures :) !

mQ5ZzYQlh9baWF91Kcowgt0O9QNzOIPhB8MV8UdH.png

4AgsEUwI6AU1yDN15GI8L5rdU7z1tMvQOYLVjM3I.png

Nf4cY5l5bALpzK48d7fCi7byKSIFFBATHdg7C21w.jpeg

shvrdavid ( ) posted Sat, 25 November 2023 at 7:39 PM

Lindsey 

b62a7da2c2c0facca1dd33d5e86ebc6e_original.jpg

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 25 November 2023 at 9:05 PM

@ shvrdavid: I'm loving all these new characters.  The only thing that is bothering me with the renders is the lack of eye folds and wrinkles around the eyes.  Otherwise, beautiful.

shvrdavid ( ) posted Sat, 25 November 2023 at 9:47 PM · edited Sat, 25 November 2023 at 9:47 PM

I prefer them with little detail under the eye. I will keep that in mind thou. Lindsey has not been submitted to the store yet, so I could change that. 

Hmm..... 

shvrdavid ( ) posted Tue, 28 November 2023 at 2:28 AM

7549dab790d79e06a49ff8b8dcd2b61d_original.jpg

Where did everybody go?

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 28 November 2023 at 8:58 AM

Finishing up Cyber Monday, I guess.

JustBeCause ( ) posted Sun, 03 December 2023 at 6:33 PM · edited Sun, 03 December 2023 at 6:36 PM

To bad that the thread 

poser-feature-dev-improvement-wishlist

has been closed could of ended up very interesting, anyway after finding some quiet interesting solutions to improve the texturing, the results of Poser renders are just mind blowing after using  some different techniques and filters for texture production !  Due to the new Superfly engine it is pretty obvious that the textures must reach a higher standard.

this is the latest figure that I am working at and testing the new  filters for texturing that I am running local on my Computer , I used a comic style texturing to highlight the quality, textures are approx 10k and sure it shows  how good Poser is capable of rendering.

Here I used a hard line method on the textures, using the soft version that I also have created would make it smooth and reduce the comic. Optix renders take about a minute for this quality output and size, I guess that the texture quality also is rising up the speed. I'm Not planning to reopen the discussion from the closed thread, ending up every time in the wrong direction. 

"Open Image in New Tab to see full size"

o5sHHSb6jAGm0x5kvjYx572n1RowQvI2MEqs8LzO.jpg

BuCRk2MYfybUPOOElDB0IYiCOBldvtvQTV4MuM9t.jpg 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.