Mon, Sep 9, 7:58 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 13

Welcome to the Poser 13 Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd, RedPhantom

(Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 12:35 pm)

Subject: Looks Like I am going to have to give up on Poser 13

hornet3d ( ) posted Tue, 04 April 2023 at 2:13 PM · edited Mon, 09 September 2024 at 6:37 AM

I really feel sad about this but I am going to have to give up on Poser 13, at least for now, which is sad because I like the program a lot.  For a start F-Secure keeps removing the sqlite_x64release.dll, this despite the fact I have allowed it in F-secure and told it to exclude it from the virus scan. I have reported this to F-secure.

When Poser is launched it all the windows go back to a default location even though I have set Poser to launch into a preferred scene.  Trying to move the windows is a pain as even with disabling the docking the windows still dock.  On top of all this Poser locks up every few minutes so you can work i=on a scene for two minute and then wait six minutes for the program to come responsive again.  Nobody else seems to be having these problems so it looks as though Poser just does not like my system.  Shame but I use Poser to create renders not to spend time trying to get it to work.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

nerd ( ) posted Tue, 04 April 2023 at 2:41 PM
Forum Moderator

F-Secure is blocking sqlite_x64release.dll. That's why the interface won't stay set. That information is stored in a SQL data table. Without sqlite there is no data table. It's a miracle Poser launches at all missing such an important dll.The library uses data tables too.

This is a problem with F-Secure, not Poser. Especially if you've told it to exclude the files and it continues to false on it. That's a deal-breaker bug in F-Secure.

I've submitted the file in question to several multi-engine scanner sites. The only AV that giving false positives on sqlite_x64release.dll is F-Secure. Here's the results from jotti.org. Note only F-Secure is falling.

nerd ( ) posted Tue, 04 April 2023 at 2:48 PM
Forum Moderator

P.S. Everybody who uses F-Secure is having the same problem. It's not just your computer.

vopehov506 ( ) posted Tue, 04 April 2023 at 3:18 PM · edited Tue, 04 April 2023 at 3:18 PM

You might give it a shot by completely disabling F-Secure and run Poser see if it is still freezing the system. Sometimes a Antivirus can also slow down your system big time, in most cases if you open up a Folder that has allot of large exe's in it . but sure could be that F-secure is getting active when running Poser13. If so then you might have to consider changing the security app.   

hornet3d ( ) posted Tue, 04 April 2023 at 3:19 PM

I totally accept that the F-Secure issue is purely down to them, if I look at the settings it shows sqlite_x64release.dll is listed under the excluded list for the scans yet it still suddenly removes again.  I used the report function within the program and also sent the request to have it looked at.  Point is I can live with that as I know how to recover from it.  The real issue is that I am finding Poser 13 unresponsive for large periods of time and when I look at task master it shows Poser to be not responding yet clearly it is,  it is using between 2% and 14% of the CPU and around 46% memory usage.  Now I have 64gig of memory on the system so that is a whole lot of memory for a program that appears to be doing nothing useful.  No body else appears to be having the problem so I have to conclude it is my system at fault.  

I would love to able to use it, for the first few days it worked well for me and I loved it.  I then had to download and reinstall Poser due to the F-secure problem and since then it has been a major frustration.

I am not knocking Poser 13 it is a lovely program to use but until I can get my system to play nice with it I am going to have to revert to Poser12.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

hornet3d ( ) posted Tue, 04 April 2023 at 3:43 PM

vopehov506 posted at 3:18 PM Tue, 4 April 2023 - #4460769

You might give it a shot by completely disabling F-Secure and run Poser see if it is still freezing the system. Sometimes a Antivirus can also slow down your system big time, in most cases if you open up a Folder that has allot of large exe's in it . but sure could be that F-secure is getting active when running Poser13. If so then you might have to consider changing the security app.   

Thank you for the suggestion, it was something I should have thought of and first tests look like it might be having some effect.  I shut the active scan and Deep Guard off and for the short while I used it is seems to have fixed it.  I also sometimes had problems with Poser not shutting down but that seems to have gone.  I will do some more testing tomorrow but it looks like I will be in the market for a new anti virus program.

Not really been my day as I have also discovered one of the reasons for having great difficulties in moving some of the Poser Windows onto my second screen is because my very expensive gaming mouse has decided to stop tracking smoothly.  It is a few years old but then I have never used it for true gaming so I am a bit annoyed.

Anyway thanks for your help I will dig a little deeper. 

Y-Phil ( ) posted Tue, 04 April 2023 at 5:28 PM · edited Tue, 04 April 2023 at 5:28 PM
hornet3d posted at 3:43 PM Tue, 4 April 2023 - #4460774

Except if you are wandering on really obscure website, you may trust Win10's AV. Most of the time, it's only a question of not clicking everywhere, and of being careful when an email is trying to send you... somewhere aelTxq5oIoiV5BbQX25rXtJ97zYhenuVemmOGuXa.gif

I was using eset, for a long time. Then I gave up with them. Now I'm using Win10's Defender, which is rather good and free, and MalwareBytes because most of the time it detects offending website at the moment when you've just clicked on a link, something that happens quite regularly on FB... atOQMz5GEYK68iff2yKzQbxnaht35mubLC4suySG.gif

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
👿 Mac Mini M2, 16GB, 500GB SSD
👿 Nas 10TB
👿 Poser 13 and soon 14 ❤️

vopehov506 ( ) posted Tue, 04 April 2023 at 6:01 PM

I actually stopped with these expensive Antivirus Programs a long time ago. Instead I got my self Paragon Hard Disk Manager. Making healthy images of my whole system once in a while. In case of a suspect of infection I can restore  the whole system in less then 20 min without breaking my head on what I got eliminating all threads. Also works to just load the whole system on a new computer if hardware fails in less then an hour.

You might just try Uninstalling that antivirus replacing it with Avira Free or something similar, spending your money on a Hard Disk Manager  rather then experiencing to spend allot for a antivirus program that slows down your system causing more damage then a virus ever could do. Your best weapon against a Virus is a good HD Image

I also keep a Full system mirror on a secondary SSD drive just in case making it fast to replace ( Plug and Play ) The damaged one gets formatted and and used as new backup ( No Headaches and no risk of a heart attack )   

Y-Phil ( ) posted Tue, 04 April 2023 at 6:10 PM
vopehov506 posted at 6:01 PM Tue, 4 April 2023 - #4460801

I actually stopped with these expensive Antivirus Programs a long time ago. Instead I got my self Paragon Hard Disk Manager. Making healthy images of my whole system once in a while. In case of a suspect of infection I can restore  the whole system in less then 20 min without breaking my head on what I got eliminating all threads. Also works to just load the whole system on a new computer if hardware fails in less then an hour.

You might just try Uninstalling that antivirus replacing it with Avira Free or something similar, spending your money on a Hard Disk Manager  rather then experiencing to spend allot for a antivirus program that slows down your system causing more damage then a virus ever could do. Your best weapon against a Virus is a good HD Image

I also keep a Full system mirror on a secondary SSD drive just in case making it fast to replace ( Plug and Play ) The damaged one gets formatted and and used as new backup ( No Headaches and no risk of a heart attack )   

Excellent strategy, indeed.

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
👿 Nas 10TB

vopehov506 ( ) posted Tue, 04 April 2023 at 6:23 PM

Such a Image made with Paragon also eliminates all the junk, once restored it is as if it were a all new install just with all your settings and programs. Like a first win Install. all Win update info get eliminated dates are all set to the day of restore. I sometimes also just use it to make a deep clean, usage of the past are mostly eliminated in no time. Boosting the computer as if it were all new :)

vopehov506 ( ) posted Tue, 04 April 2023 at 6:38 PM

You just have to make sure not to save your backup Images on the same drive you have your system, A big mistake that allot people do, as you cant restore an Image that is saved on the same drive you wish to restore "LOL" That would kill your system and the Image with one klick :)

Y-Phil ( ) posted Tue, 04 April 2023 at 6:43 PM · edited Tue, 04 April 2023 at 6:43 PM

Indeed yTkxod5yX6nRHfAcRZHi4nSMih0UirMpsfsYdRzg.gif

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Nas 10TB

hornet3d ( ) posted Tue, 04 April 2023 at 8:16 PM

I have the paragon hard disk manager baking up and image of my C drive to a NAS unit but I also have Acronis Syber Protect software that copies an image to somewhere in the cloud.

vopehov506 ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2023 at 4:21 AM

Ok it seems you sure have a all around protection LOL, May be even a little to much :)  that stuff can sure be heavy on computers. You add more and your computer starts setting priorities . Anyway hope it works with your Poser when turning off that Antivirus then you at least know where the Issue lies.  

hornet3d ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2023 at 10:39 AM
vopehov506 posted at 4:21 AM Wed, 5 April 2023 - #4460830

Ok it seems you sure have a all around protection LOL, May be even a little to much :)  that stuff can sure be heavy on computers. You add more and your computer starts setting priorities . Anyway hope it works with your Poser when turning off that Antivirus then you at least know where the Issue lies.  

I do go well over the top with my backups, thanks mainly due to working in a computer repair store for a few years and seeing the grief the total loss of data can cause if you have no back up.  Also It is not just Poser files backed up, although I do have some renders that are over twenty years old, pretty dire some of them but it does shed some light on the journey I have been on.  Also backed up are photos of places and people who are very different today, if here at all.  Back up also includes all my digitised music from Tapes, 45s, LPs and CDs many of which would be difficult to find today, if at all.  Finally my E book collection is also included.

zaubermac ( ) posted Fri, 07 April 2023 at 3:00 PM

Hey, great discussion on backup strategies!  I would add one more proactive piece to the mix.  I spent a number of years doing IT security and IT support for creatives and my advice has always been to use your production box as a tool.  Obviously you can't lock it away, everything is connected to something these days, but use the internet as needed, where needed.  For random surfing a throw-away chrome book or ipad shaped object is great.  You can't break it by surfing and will keep your important programs and data free to do what you paid so much for them to do.  When my computer was my living, I backed up weekly, to two different drives, alternating.  That way I had a backup.  Over the years, I've had to rebuild from a virus only once, but I've had 3 system drive failures.  Backups are your friend :D

Glad 13 is working, it's on my list of things to get!

hornet3d ( ) posted Fri, 07 April 2023 at 3:54 PM

The NAS that I am using is running a version of RAID so that should protect most problems.  The back up to the cloud is really to cover off the loss of the NAS system either by burglary or fire and the likes. 

pixpax ( ) posted Sat, 08 April 2023 at 5:30 PM

I had the exact same problem with F-Secure. I switched to Norton and everything works because I was given the opportunity to allow the dll.

Hope you get it all to work. 

unrealblue ( ) posted Sat, 06 May 2023 at 8:47 PM

Cool that the culprit was found!

Me too.  Slightly different tactic, but stopped using AV.

(disclosure: I used to work in security - detection, research, analysis, and response of attacks.  Before that, I used every major AV and FW at some point.  Computer *and* network based.  I use ingress AND egress filtering, very tight system security, along with disk management .  The Disk Management gets you a lot of other protection as well. :)

While I wouldn't advise most people to do what i do (without understanding more about what's going on), I would absolutely recommend a good disk management setup.  Keep in mind: generally RAID, itself, doesn't protect you from anything other than a DISK failure.  My father used to say: there are two types of computer users: those that have lost data and those that will lose data :D

I'm both types.

PS: I do real time cloning with snapshots and a very large heap of >3x redundant mirrors.  Because, being the first type makes me scared of being the second type.  Even my system drive (which stores no data) is doubly redundant.  Drives are cheaper than time :)

vopehov506 ( ) posted Sat, 13 May 2023 at 11:49 AM · edited Sat, 13 May 2023 at 11:55 AM

I am not certain, but these Issues that might not even be issues could be caused due the large amount of Hyperlinks in the starter, some seem to be suspicious, others lead to sites that are closed since quiet a while. Some links do actually not give any reasonable explanation to be in the poser starter. For me allot of them do not belong into Poser at all ! 

these are just a few of many others that are found in the starter. It gives the impression that Poser has not bee cleaned out correctly and that such things in a program sure can cause a Antivirus giving some reactions when starting it up. When the Owner is changing they should at least clean it a little out after new releases they make.

iVtD9bfZzf4mipt9VDzIczUwlvDfPTqMomCnf7DH.png 

Rhia474 ( ) posted Sat, 13 May 2023 at 12:06 PM
Online Now!

You keep saying that, but you never actually say WHERE in the program these are. Can you help us a bit by specifying where you see these, because multiple people stated they don't see the same you do.

Thanks!

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 13 May 2023 at 12:08 PM

Holy crap. Content Paradise? RuntimeDNA?

It sounds like it hasn't been updated in years. I'm surprised it's only Poser 13 that has an issue. If this is the problem, F-Secure should be having similar problems with Poser 11 and 12, too.

vopehov506 ( ) posted Sat, 13 May 2023 at 12:20 PM · edited Sat, 13 May 2023 at 12:29 PM

Rhia474 posted at 12:06 PM Sat, 13 May 2023 - #4465201

You keep saying that, but you never actually say WHERE in the program these are. Can you help us a bit by specifying where you see these, because multiple people stated they don't see the same you do.

Thanks!

Well tis is because they do not know where to look, for you there is a simple way that you can check. just open for example the "Poser EXE in Notepad++" search for Http "Incremental Search"  and I am certain that you will have success finding some of the Hyperlinks. Not cleaning out a exe can also be a reason why it is getting larger and larger, compare it with DS starter 79 Kb vs Poser over 40 meg , guess DS has allot less hyperlinking on boot I would say that Poser is having at least 20meg of crap in it . DS At least have it cleaned out !

randym77

yes there are some issues in prior poser versions that you can fix, for example producturlsupport can give a error in Poser 11 right after boot. Contentparadise gives errors in prior Poser versions in the Library.  It also depends if the Xml files are still existent of if they have been changed in Poser, but still the boot will try to access these in any case.

hornet3d ( ) posted Sat, 13 May 2023 at 1:01 PM

The problem was definitely with F secure and nothing to do with Poser 13.  What made it worse was that when F secure so say removed the offending sqlite_x64release.dll it kept scanning the .dll and removing it.  Again this was a problem with F secure and not a problem with Poser 13.  It also had nothing to do with any Hyperlinks current or historic.

What is more I only had the problem for a day or two and had have had no further occurrence of this for well over a month despite using Poser on a daily basis with F Secure still running on my system.  Which then opens up the question as to why the thread has been resurrected.

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 13 May 2023 at 1:13 PM

Interesting. I routinely get an error message upon starting Poser, about failing to load a .xml file or something. I just ignore it and it's fine.

It's not all the time. Mostly when I haven't opened Poser in awhile. Happens occasionally with all three versions of Poser I currently have installed.

shvrdavid ( ) posted Sat, 13 May 2023 at 1:20 PM

The hyperlinks in the exe are a moot point.

You can have a list of hyperlinks in any starter exe, and that only means there is a list that is still there for some compatibility in the code.

Vopehov makes a lot of assumptions about exe files.

The Studio starter file is small, because it is a Windows program that relies heavily on calling a ton of dll and other resource files.

Windows is a dynamic linked library operating system, hence why they call them dll files......

And it makes sense to use that to your advantage, if the program will run strictly on Windows. And Studio was a Windows only program, for years.....

Poser on the other hand, is a multiplatform program code base that is written for two platforms from Poser 2 forward.

And it was written on a Mac.... That is the main difference in many aspects of the program and its layout.

So instead of Poser relying on dll's that are not on any Mac, lots of things are directly coded into the Poser exe.

Go figure.....

The base install of Studio takes over a gigabyte in the program directory with about 1500 files in 395 folders

The base install of Poser takes about the same space, with about 15,000 files in over 1500 folders.

So, by vopehov's logic, both are bloated to death. They take up the almost identical amounts of space, after all.........

Both programs use different coding and structure methods that affect the size of the exe file, and how and what they actually call.

Both programs were coded on different operating systems as well.....

Nothing more...

Both programs make http requests..........................................................

Some things are easy to explain, other things are not........ <- Store ->   <-Freebies->

vopehov506 ( ) posted Sat, 13 May 2023 at 1:26 PM · edited Sat, 13 May 2023 at 1:28 PM

randym77 posted at 1:13 PM Sat, 13 May 2023 - #4465211

Interesting. I routinely get an error message upon starting Poser, about failing to load a .xml file or something. I just ignore it and it's fine.

It's not all the time. Mostly when I haven't opened Poser in awhile. Happens occasionally with all three versions of Poser I currently have installed.

you can fix it by simply adding this line into your Host file ....

127.0.0.1 www.contentparadise.com

127.0.0.1 www.producturlsupport.com

this will remove this annoying error in Poser 11

Rhia474 ( ) posted Sat, 13 May 2023 at 1:29 PM
Online Now!

I am *deeply* hesitant to open any exe in a notepad type editor. Thanks, shvrdavid, for the explanation.

hornet3d ( ) posted Sat, 13 May 2023 at 1:51 PM

During my career I dealt in field trials of software, Intelligent Networks, GSM mobile communication, computer building and numerous other related areas and if I leant anything it was there are enough bugs in software that can affect the program that is seems a pointless exercise to go looking for bugs that have no real negative impact.  As a Poser user I want the program to work for me and produce renders I like.  I care not one jot for how pretty the coding might look, if others want to do that it is their time but I have more interesting things to do with my time.

vopehov506 ( ) posted Sat, 13 May 2023 at 2:06 PM · edited Sat, 13 May 2023 at 2:07 PM

The main issue is not that a exe has Hyperlinks, this is normal ! Already just for the activation or the statistical collections on your behavior. In some cases even to collect information's about your depending structures and files. 

Links to sites that have nothing to do with the program they have no real dependent reason to be there, nor dead stuff ! I assure you that Poser would run with no difference without all these Hyperlinks, you could even remove al the Local http://127.0.0.1 addresses without influencing the Poser behavior at all! It would rather avoid issues on run. Sure the stuff is Not from Bondware they just did not clean it out , not even questioning why google.com , https://iptc.org  and quiet some others are embedded in Poser. Sure you can leave it there, those who can just remove it by them self.

Could be that they have good reasons leaving all this stuff or just do not know how to make a deep clean.

Rhia474

no reason to worry and be *deeply* hesitant,  you can save a copy and just open up the copy, it is just a hesitant excuse ! 

@hornet3d

it might not be the principal reason of this alarm in F secure but the alarm was there so there is somewhere a linking that F secure does not like. I stumbled on all this stuff actually because I made some searches every time when Issues come up to solve them my self, to get the Program stable.

hornet3d ( ) posted Sat, 13 May 2023 at 2:56 PM

vopehov506 posted at 2:06 PM Sat, 13 May 2023 - #4465221 

@hornet3d

it might not be the principal reason of this alarm in F secure but the alarm was there so there is somewhere a linking that F secure does not like. I stumbled on all this stuff actually because I made some searches every time when Issues come up to solve them my self, to get the Program stable.

The alarm, was due the the fact that F Secure saw a .dll file as a threat when it was not, I say again, it was not a problem with Poser 13 to then throw Hyperlinks into the same thread is, at best, a mis direction.

vopehov506 ( ) posted Sat, 13 May 2023 at 3:06 PM · edited Sat, 13 May 2023 at 3:13 PM

Well if it is not the problem or one of the problems then there should be nothing to be worried about and the problem is solved by ignoring the problems. I understand that most do not want to hear such things, for whatever reason they may have. So we just ignore it as long as all is working not questioning it any further. I just start getting a stupid feeling that there is something to be hidden ! I do not have problems with these but still think there is quiet a reason questioning it. On my side I just remove these problems as I am capable of doing it.

vopehov506 ( ) posted Sat, 13 May 2023 at 3:17 PM

And if there is really something to hide then it will just be removed from the thread :) would not be the first and not the last !

hornet3d ( ) posted Sat, 13 May 2023 at 3:21 PM

I really do not understand this vendetta you have against Poser 13 but for me it is a waste of time......I'm off.

shvrdavid ( ) posted Sat, 13 May 2023 at 3:28 PM

Claiming Poser would work fine without the links is another moot point. Simply because it already works.

Programs have things called timelines they have to adhere to, and one of those is not removing things from the program because someone found something in notepad they don't think should actually be in there. 

We get it... Vopehov, is an expert in all things Poser and can decompile and dissect any program in notepad. We already know vopehov's system uses 3+kw to do 5 or 6 test renders. We know he miraculously wrote a DS to Poser bridge no one else has even thou his GPU didn't work properly until a few weeks ago. He assures everyone that he knows more about Poser than the guy who wrote it, claiming that removing things would have no side effects... And now, Studio is better... I was waiting for that, and here we are....

Etc, etc, etc, etc.... Yawn....................

Hornet already figured out the issue with his system that was causing the problem, and this thread has degraded into another one that vopehov uses to trash Poser and the Devs that still work on Poser 25+ years later.

This discussion is no longer about what could be done to help Hornet, not in any way. That has already been addressed...

As someone that has worked with Poser, the beta team, the dev's, run multiple forums, etc, for years. I am shocked people still fall for this.....

But I probably shouldn't be, because it is happening in many threads here already......

And many of you are just feeding the troll............. 

Some things are easy to explain, other things are not........ <- Store ->   <-Freebies->

vopehov506 ( ) posted Sat, 13 May 2023 at 3:43 PM

sure not a "Vendetta" , I like Poser 13 and the prior ones to, the reason why I try all possible features ( Good ones and Bad ones ), when I find problems I mention them so they can get fixed right at the root, so that poser has a possibility for getting better. Ignoring problems does not make a better poser ! And Btw I also depend on poser as I am a creator and not just a user, so for me there are some important factors that it is working correctly ( Also In the future ) , and I am just not ignoring possible issues. I might get at this point would I drop poser from my marketing plan and work with other projects but as long as Poser still throws some revenue it would be a bad Idea being on a Vendetta, so it is contrary ! I think Honest business is the best base for a good future . 

So your Interpretation of Vendetta is quiet wrong in this case ! if everything is the way it should be then there is no reason hiding anything  ?!

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sat, 13 May 2023 at 3:46 PM
Site Admin

The hyperlinks have nothing to do with the problem in this thread. The Op stated that. Even the person who brought them up stated it. Vopehov stop trying to derail threads. If you want help from the community start a new thread. If you have a problem with the software report it to support. 

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.