Thu, Sep 19, 8:42 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 13

Welcome to the Poser 13 Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd, RedPhantom

(Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 6:48 pm)

Subject: Small question in regards to Cycles shaders in Poser 13

SpiritWolf448 ( ) posted Tue, 23 May 2023 at 5:52 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 8:36 PM

Hola, folks.

I am currently trying to fool around some with replicating Blender shaders in Poser (example: Procedural Rocky Lava Material by Ryan King Art) , and in the process have run into kind of a roadblock. I cannot for the life of me find the Color Ramp node in the Cycles subsection of the new node context menu. Was it renamed to something else? What is its current name in P13?

Thanks a lot and happy rendring.

Run, wolf warrior, to realms eternal....

RedPhantom ( ) posted Tue, 23 May 2023 at 6:31 AM · edited Tue, 23 May 2023 at 4:46 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

There is no colorramp node in cycles. You can either try to make due with the firefly or try https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/95146/expandable-color-ramp-for-poser-12-13-superfly

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 23 May 2023 at 7:43 AM

You will find that there are a number of nodes that have not been coded into Poser 13.  You will need to find alternate workarounds.

SpiritWolf448 ( ) posted Tue, 23 May 2023 at 9:02 AM

Ah, my bad then. I thought the Cycles implementation was finally up to snuff. ^_^" Alright, thanks a lot. More to fiddle then.

ghostship2 ( ) posted Tue, 23 May 2023 at 9:58 AM

Richard60 has some Blender style color ramps that he's made with the compound node.

https://www.renderosity.com/users/Richard60/freestuff

W10, Ryzen 5 1600x, 16Gb,RTX2060Super+GTX980, PP11, 11.3.740

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Tue, 23 May 2023 at 6:00 PM

From my understanding, they're (for now) not able to bring into Poser any Blender nodes that require extra interface changes. For example, nodes that have graphs and such can't come into Poser yet.

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

Richard60 ( ) posted Thu, 25 May 2023 at 11:12 AM · edited Thu, 25 May 2023 at 11:13 AM

@SpiritWolf448  Watched the video link that you posted and you could use the Expandable Color Ramp to do most of what is shown in the video.  To set it up so that it only goes between the two points as the Blender color ramp starts off as.  (Start) Pos 1 needs to be 0, Color 1 can be whatever color you want (Black as the default Blender).  (Start) Pos 2 set to 1 and Color 2 to your choice (White for Default Blender).  Blend Type 1 as .1 or use the helper node as explained in the PDF manual.  This starts the ramp to go between those 2 colors in a linear fashion.  IF you set a lower (Start) Pos to be greater then the ones above it then it overrides the higher ones.  So for Color 1 if you set the (Start) Pos 1 to say .4 then from 0 to .4 it will stay as Color 1.  Only when it gets to .4 will it start to blend with Color 2 (and the blend type depends on the Blend Type mode set for that pair of colors).  Now if you set (Start) Pos 2 to say .6 and leave the Blend Type mode set at 0 then after the ramp hits a value greater than .6 it will stay at the value of Color 2.

Doing the above will result in an output similar to what you will get from the Blender Color Ramp.  Since Blender and Poser have very different UI layouts for the material room nodes this is about as close as you can get to the Blender Color Ramp.  It should be easy to translate the Blender Values to Poser IF you can find out what the color is and the Start Position for each point on the ramp.  And since Blender only allows a single Blend Type for all the color positions you just have to set the Blend Types to that mode.  That is an advantage of the Expandable Color Ramp is that each pair of colors can blend differently.  So you can go from Constant to Linear, back to Constant and then into a HSV color blend if you wanted to.

The Expandable 2 Color Ramp contains nearly 600 nodes to do what it does.  And 4 Color version around 1100.

ETA Link to Color Ramp Expandable Color Ramp for Poser 12 & 13 SuperFly (renderosity.com)

Poser 5, 6, 7, 8, Poser Pro 9 (2012), 10 (2014), 11, 12, 13

SpiritWolf448 ( ) posted Fri, 26 May 2023 at 4:31 PM

Apologies for only answering now. Between a swamped schedule and some minor health issues, my hobby time is pretty limited right now. ^_^"

A lot of thanks for all your inputs, folks. I'll play around with your suggestions once I have some spare time. :-)

Thanks again and happy Posering.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.