Sat, Sep 28, 12:05 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / New Poser Users Help

Welcome to the New Poser Users Help Forum

Forum Moderators: Anim8dtoon, RedPhantom, Staff

New Poser Users Help F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 9:00 am)

New to Poser? Ask questions here for expert help!

Subject: how work with nose magnet?

drawn ( ) posted Wed, 14 June 2023 at 2:24 PM · edited Sun, 15 September 2024 at 6:53 PM

i got a figure close up in Face and found the magnets menu and picked Nose Magnet because I want to turn up th tip of figure's nose slightly and doesn't seem to make a difference what I do.  Help?

drawm

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 14 June 2023 at 3:15 PM · edited Wed, 14 June 2023 at 3:15 PM
Site Admin

When you load a magnet, 3 things load, 1, a magnet, 2, a magnet base, and 3,  a magnet zone. The magnet zone is a circle that poser what part of the figure (or prop) the magnet should work on. It's likely this zone isn't including the nose of the figure and needs to be moved. The reason the zone may be in the wrong place is probably you're using a figure other than P4 nude man that the magnet was created for. It's fine to use a different figure, but you'll need to move the zone

In this second picture, the zone has been moved so the nose is affected.

If you don't like the shape created, you can move the magnet itself to change how it shapes the nose.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 14 June 2023 at 3:23 PM
Site Admin

I'm glad you asked about this. I forget about using magnets to change the look of a figure. My main use for them is to put dents in seats that have people sitting on them so the cushion doesn't look rock hard.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

vikinglady ( ) posted Wed, 14 June 2023 at 5:35 PM

Avidly taking notes... Favorited in browser. 

drawn ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2023 at 7:30 AM

Red, thanks for clear explanation, but when I try to put Nose Magnet on my figure, it tries to search for something, an then tells me it can't find it? Do you know what it needs?

vigapgzulQpe0n0mWO6mJ2cbA2lTOL11L0vX2zC5.png

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2023 at 7:51 AM
Site Admin

It's looking for ball.obz That's the geometry file for the ball or the magnet zone. It might also be listed as ball.obj. My copy is in Runtime\geometries\props\. I would have thought it installed with Poser

drawn ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2023 at 2:29 PM

RTvVO9qibJaA9oWXRgDepnR4i69OXafbqohhixp5.pngRed, i got this far, but how do i actualy affect the nose?

don

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2023 at 7:44 PM
Site Admin

You need to move the magnet zone over the noze

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.