Thu, Jul 25, 4:09 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 12

Welcome to the Poser 12 Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd Forum Coordinators: nerd

Poser 12 F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 20 8:02 am)

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: My renders are being wiped as soon as they finish

PandaB5 ( ) posted Thu, 22 June 2023 at 12:59 AM · edited Fri, 19 July 2024 at 7:26 AM

I installed Poser 12 a day or two ago and it was working fine.

Yesterday I reset my firewall settings on my PC and that must've broken something in Poser. Now every time I do a render it will complete the render, but not save it, it wipes it and I get a blank screen.

I uninstalled and reinstalled Poser, but that didn't work.

Any ideas how I can fix this?

Here's the log:

07:52:45 - Info: Your effective UI Scale factor is 1.00
07:53:08 - Analytics: Recording event for Size:1085x813
07:53:10 - SuperFly: Start rendering on device 12th Gen Intel Core i5-1235U.
07:53:26 - SuperFly: Rendering time: 15.25 seconds.
07:53:26 - SuperFly: Rendering memory: 975 MB.
07:54:01 - Application commands: Delete figure
07:54:03 - Analytics: Recording event for Library:one sided square
07:54:03 - Application commands: Load library prop
07:54:08 - Analytics: Recording event for Size:1085x813
07:54:08 - SuperFly: Start rendering on device 12th Gen Intel Core i5-1235U.
07:54:14 - SuperFly: Rendering time: 6.22 seconds.
07:54:14 - SuperFly: Rendering memory: 15 MB.

The Firewall settings allow Poser access to both public and private networks.

Casual games for Windows PC, browsers and Android devices
https://www.evolutionarycasualgames.com/

PandaB5 ( ) posted Fri, 23 June 2023 at 4:56 AM

So this is the problem:

When you save a file, Poser uses the location of the saved file to store the cache in so it can render the image.

When you're working with an unsaved file, Poser doesn't have a directory to store the cache in.

It defaults to Program Files\Poser - which is of course read only (I could see this in the queue manager).

The first time I installed Poser it created a directory under documents\poser\rendercache (something similar). But at some point it lost the connection to that folder and would no longer use it. When I deleted that folder (I wiped everything Poser) and reinstalled Poser, it didn't create the directory again - and so didn't have a valid path for the render cache.

This problem persists but I now have 2 work-arounds:

1. I can send it to the render queue where I can specify the output path

2. I can first save the file (oddly enough when I'm creating something I work with unsaved scenes 90% of the time because you're saving the props or materials - not the scene)

Y-Phil ( ) posted Sat, 24 June 2023 at 7:39 AM · edited Sat, 24 June 2023 at 7:41 AM

From what I've been able to check with Poser12: it uses as a base path this setting:

gknLIAbpYdHgyiDlvjjFsgabC07NuDljQN2PmOKl.png

And from there, it'll create some sub folders in which it'll drop some files. Some of them seem to stay after filled (PoserTextureCache, cefcache, etc..) whereas others are empties once the render is over (PoserFFRencerCache)

Be sure that some valid path is set there. In my case, it's located on an SSD drive, as are all Poser's Runtimes, and executable directories, for example.

Oh and be sure that no f..cking anti-virus isn't interfering there EQYlw0iYzFAtUoUmbDhDNPx8CZKWMVMGWBExaM83.gif

PhYl.

Win10 on i7 8700K@4.3Ghz, 64Gb, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 2x 2Tb ssd + 6+4Tb hd  + 1x 8Tb hd + 1 10T NAS, Poser 11, Poser 12  and now Poser 13 

PandaB5 ( ) posted Sat, 24 June 2023 at 8:40 AM

THANK YOU!  

It's Windows Security. And this issue was caused by the "Controlled Folder Access". 

If that's ticked on, Windows blocks Poser. I listed Poser as an exception - and now everything works.

So for anyone else having this problem, the steps are:

Settings - Window Security - Virus & Threat protection settings - manage settings - scroll down to Controlled Folder Access - Manage controlled folder access - allow an app through controlled folder access (And if you had this error, Poser will be listed as recently blocked apps - just select it.)

Y-Phil ( ) posted Sat, 24 June 2023 at 9:22 AM

Oh... great 

WcSkjTfNYoOdaQeodIvj8aNqRE0rIDvQRx4BNFys.png

PhYl.

Win10 on i7 8700K@4.3Ghz, 64Gb, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 2x 2Tb ssd + 6+4Tb hd  + 1x 8Tb hd + 1 10T NAS, Poser 11, Poser 12  and now Poser 13 

NikKelly ( ) posted Thu, 29 June 2023 at 7:50 AM

Thank you for this disconcerting diagnosis: As yet, it is a mischief my paranoid Norton's has not perpetrated...

FWIW, setting up Win'10 so my network-render 'Box' played-nice with this CAD-Tower was frustrating, given the 'security' error messages were remarkably unhelpful...

Y-Phil ( ) posted Thu, 29 June 2023 at 1:18 PM · edited Thu, 29 June 2023 at 1:21 PM

NikKelly posted at 7:50 AM Thu, 29 June 2023 - #4468881

Thank you for this disconcerting diagnosis: As yet, it is a mischief my paranoid Norton's has not perpetrated...

FWIW, setting up Win'10 so my network-render 'Box' played-nice with this CAD-Tower was frustrating, given the 'security' error messages were remarkably unhelpful...

Do you still have these disconcerting messages?

Speaking of anti-virus programs: for the people that are using Win10/Win11 and rarely go online, at least only on secure website, with a good reputation, Windows own anti-virus is rather good, as it's deeply "inside" Windows. In my case, I've long used E.Sset + Malwarebytes. Now, I'm using Malwarebytes only.

PhYl.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.