Wed, Sep 18, 6:49 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 6:30 pm)

Subject: Tan lines on Mike 4

GaryChildress ( ) posted Sat, 14 October 2023 at 4:40 PM · edited Sun, 15 September 2024 at 11:30 AM

A few years back, I needed to create a Mike 4 with a dark complexion. In order to do that, I fiddled around with the texture files for Daz M4. Unfortunately, I have never been able to get M4 back to factory specs. As you can see in the picture below there are noticeable lines at the neck and hips where the shades of skin don't match up. I've tried everything to set it back to the original. I downloaded the M4 Base from DAZ about an hour ago and tried to copy the default DAZ textures over the old ones I still had but it still has the same lines. Is this the default way that M4 comes from DAZ? Or am I missing a setting that will get rid of the lines. I've checked the basic settings such as Diffuse Color. That seems to be set to 255,255,255 white, which is the default setting. So I don't know where the shading is coming from. Any ideas?

Thanks.

tSwe36gKXkpJkrg1ZcGX54Ro8nwPTzEYULiuriwC.png

Please visit My 3D Freebies

Thank you for your patronage!

JustBeCause ( ) posted Sat, 14 October 2023 at 5:34 PM

you get this effect because the Bump map is attached to the Gradient_Bump Node :) remove the node or attach it to Bump

here is a MC6 Mat file that will fix your issue hope there was no changes of the mat path but should actually work.

M4_MatFix Download

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.