Sun, Oct 6, 6:52 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Customers

Welcome to the MarketPlace Customers Forum

Forum Moderators: tim, msansing, ebasham

MarketPlace Customers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 10:48 pm)

Contact and Support Information:

To reach our Marketplace staff, please open a support ticket at
support.renderosity.com

Our goal is to respond to support tickets within 24 hours, 7 days a week.

Subject: Prime membershiip

Dave-So ( ) posted Thu, 23 November 2023 at 11:32 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 6:52 AM

I saw an ad for discount on membership but when I went here to sign up the price was $55. There did not appear to be a discount. Also, I thought the price was $29? 

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

tsarist ( ) posted Tue, 28 November 2023 at 1:26 AM

The price WAS $29 till someone jacked it up. No good reason was given. It went up, but if you were lucky enough to catch the Cyber Monday sale, it was 30% off. That sale is over as far as I can tell

Dave-So ( ) posted Tue, 28 November 2023 at 2:30 PM

missed the sale ..well, I tried a couple of days but it was always 54.95. I'll pass at the price, in fact even at the discounted price. I'm getting priced out of buying daz or poser stuff. 

IAmNobodySpecial ( ) posted Sat, 16 December 2023 at 9:48 AM

I just got blindsided by this when my Prime membership expired yesterday. It is now $54.95 - nearly TWICE the price in previous years. This is just infuriating, I can't afford that.

Et tu, Renderosity?

To all the friends I made in the Prime forums and such, I hope we can find a way to still stay in touch.

IAmNobodySpecial ( ) posted Sat, 16 December 2023 at 9:59 AM

I have to add that as a former Revenue Manger for a very large hotel company (where room rates are adjusted similarly to 3D content), doubling the Prime price is one of the most counterproductive revenue strategies I have ever seen - especially when most vendors don't participate in the Prime coupon, and Prime benefits are routinely posted up to a month late (or more). Renderosity is giving the shamefully unethical Daz Store a Christmas gift they could only have dreamed about - a suicidal move by their competition, for no good reason.

Torquinox ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2023 at 12:34 PM

I would be careful about saying one store is shamefully unethical. At least vendors at Daz store are not selling obviously AI-generated backgrounds as copyrighted products. I've seen that from a few vendors here and it disgusts me.

Dave-So ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2023 at 1:05 PM · edited Mon, 18 December 2023 at 1:07 PM

I was about to join Prime when my DAZ+ expired, as that membership has been losing value. Then I came to sign up here plus a discount was advertised and found the $55 fee. As much as it hurt my soul, as DAZ pricing and value of DAZ+ has deteriorated to the point of my wanting to leave, I found the same here. I rejoined DAZ+ when they had 50% off membership.   Not sure who still knows me here or not, but I have been here since the year 2000 or so, before Renderosity was even Renderosity.

Torquinox ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2023 at 1:53 PM

I know you here and there, Dave-So . My suspicion is, you've accumulated more content than you can render in one lifetime.I'm probably the same, and there are still a lot of desirable products out there.

As for Daz+ and Prime, I find it's still possible to make do without Daz+. I'll probably dip my toe back in at some point as there are some items I still want. Here, not sure there's any value in Prime when sales have become so stingy and Prime pricing has become surprisingly steep.

I have a hard time being excited about 60% off unless it's some sort of genital geegaw. Then, the pricing is more competitive vs. other sites whose names begin with "render."

It's certainly not exciting being asked to pay $9 for an ancient V4 outfit. Sure, it's a nice outfit, but makes me sad I couldn't buy a lot more before the pandemic, back when Rendo still had much more generous sales. I  mistakenly thought that would continue, especially for older products. With patience, I can still get real deals at Daz site even without a membership. Here, that just doesn't seem to happen any more and the Prime benefit doesn't make me want to buy in.

Probably get a PM real soon from a mod for saying Forbidden Things. Some stuff never changes.

Mistcaster ( ) posted Sat, 23 December 2023 at 7:34 AM
Dave-So posted at 11:32 AM Thu, 23 November 2023 - #2984341

I saw an ad for discount on membership but when I went here to sign up the price was $55. There did not appear to be a discount. Also, I thought the price was $29? 

The usual enticement

msansing ( ) posted Tue, 26 December 2023 at 7:48 AM
Site Admin

We always welcome your feedback. In November we did have a 30% off Prime membership sale and also offered double rewards.  

What suggestions do you have for some good Prime membership perks? You can always send me a site mail if that's easier. 

Torquinox ( ) posted Fri, 29 December 2023 at 9:03 PM
msansing posted at 7:48 AM Tue, 26 December 2023 - #4479597

We always welcome your feedback. In November we did have a 30% off Prime membership sale and also offered double rewards.  

What suggestions do you have for some good Prime membership perks? You can always send me a site mail if that's easier. 

I will sitemail you.  Thank you :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.