Thu, Oct 3, 5:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 13

Welcome to the Poser 13 Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd, RedPhantom

(Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 4:54 pm)

Subject: Question for cloth in cloth room

rj3504 ( ) posted Fri, 19 January 2024 at 11:45 AM · edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 5:21 AM

Hey everyone 

Im hoping to get a little advice/ information about using cloth in cloth room. I know the basic setup for cloth, but some angles look off due to the mesh being thin.I was wondering if there was a way to add thickness to cloth?( leather, rope, or jacket type of thickness). Thanks for the help. 

jroulin ( ) posted Fri, 19 January 2024 at 1:46 PM

Adding thickness to dynamic clothing is very tricky. Moste of the time the back of the clothing will poke trout the front of the cloth. If I am adding thickness to a clothing, I am only adding a very small area at the border.

When you say “some angles look off due to the mesh being thin” what do you mean by that? A screen shot of the default would help me to see what happens.

rj3504 ( ) posted Fri, 19 January 2024 at 10:22 PM · edited Fri, 19 January 2024 at 10:22 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

WrDipMtCkYcln2uKoHNvZaKjo0ZNTo0GwbmrcbD6.pnghere is where I'm have trouble. it looks mesh follow the leg instead of the hip.

ajdfWChqNy7D9lImZqZZdYf8ucBr65aGsXWbFkLK.pnglooks pretty good in this pose. due to the mesh laying on the hips.

blackbonner ( ) posted Sat, 20 January 2024 at 2:12 AM

I had the same outcome on one of my lingerie pieces. As far as I understand it, the problem is that the mesh is to small for Poser to calculate it as intended. I solved this by using a texture map and a transparency map on a mesh with more geometry and broader strings. This method unfortunately only works for clothing items you created yourself.

rj3504 ( ) posted Sat, 20 January 2024 at 6:55 AM

Thanks. Was thinking of using a transparent map texture for an uneven cut on the fabric,but not for the string. I’ll give it a try. 

jroulin ( ) posted Sat, 20 January 2024 at 7:58 AM

What you also can try is to give more collision offset and lower the colision depth. Ading the area that is going inside the figure to the constrained grope is also another option.

rj3504 ( ) posted Sat, 20 January 2024 at 9:26 AM

Thanks jroulin. I’ll give it a try.

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 20 January 2024 at 10:18 AM

I would opt for constraining first and seeing how it responds to simulation.

rj3504 ( ) posted Mon, 22 January 2024 at 9:36 AM

Thanks for the help everyone. I seemed to fix t some issues. Thanks again

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.