Thu, Oct 3, 10:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Welcome to the Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd

Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 03 7:02 am)

banner

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: Finger trouble...

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Thu, 01 February 2024 at 7:49 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 6:57 PM

I have a PZ3 that I created years back probably in Poser 9 or PP2014.

However, when I load the scene in Poser 11 Andy doesn't have any fingers or thumbs, neither in the preview pane nor in the render.

All finger/thumb body parts are ticked to be visible, e.g. see screenshot below.

So where have Andy's digits gone ?

Note: Andy's already rather miffed about being todger-less, and he says this is the last straw...

NVPFF2N7XPTjEU7YcTqGcmri2wsllfW5AIPucmnO.jpg

What have I tried so far ?

I can load a new Andy/Andy2/Milkman Andy and he appears with the full complement of requisite digits.

I checked for any hidden 'Hide Fingers And Thumbs' dial using D3Ds Unhide Dials script but can't see any. (I tried that because Thrusty loaded into the same scene sans todger and it turned out that the willyless/willyful hip switch was hidden.)

So any ideas ?

P.S. Andy says he'd also like to find a switch to turn his willy on, but I think he's onto a loser there...

The 3Dcheapskate* occasionally posts sensible stuff. Usually by accident.
And it usually uses Poser 11, with units set to inches. Except when it's using Poser 6 or PP2014, or when its units are set to PNU.

*also available in ShareCG, DAZ, and HiveWire3D flavours (the DeviantArt and CGBytes flavour have been discontinued).

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 01 February 2024 at 8:45 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

I can't say this is the problem since everything else looks ok, but when geometry loads wrong, The first thing I check is did it load the correct obj file. There is a script under scripts>printinfo called listfiles that will list the files in the scene. You can compare that to the cr2 file and it's location.

As for the willy switch, with poser 11 check out https://www.renderosity.com/forums/comments/4363944/permalink. Did Andy ever have a willy to switch on? He was never my go-to figure for anything

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

shvrdavid ( ) posted Thu, 01 February 2024 at 1:27 PM

I know this may sound odd, but which Andy is it? Andy didn't have fingers, Andy 2 and Milkman Andy did thou. Make sure the save is loading the right Andy mesh. 

If that isn't the issue, look at the offset and translation channels to see if the finger offset bug happened on saving it in the past.

Other than that you will have to dig thru the pz3 and see what happened to mess it up. Could be a propagating scale issue as well.

Some things are easy to explain, other things are not........ <- Store ->   <-Freebies->

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Sat, 03 February 2024 at 7:10 AM

It's definitely an Andy with fingers - Andy2.obz in the CR2 and when I run the printinfo script.

Offset and translations look to be in the right ballpark, i.e. similar to the values for the fingers of other figures in the scene.

There are actually two Andy2's in the scene and they're both sans fingers and thumbs. Not sure whether that's relevant, but just in case I created a new scene with two Andy2s and two Milkman Andys, saved as PZ3, restarted Poser and imported. All four Andys have a full complement of fingers and thumbs. So it's not that.

Any more ideas ?

BTW no, Andy never had a switchable willy - I was just teasing him. And thanks for the willy switch permalink - some entertaining reading there ! :)

The 3Dcheapskate* occasionally posts sensible stuff. Usually by accident.
And it usually uses Poser 11, with units set to inches. Except when it's using Poser 6 or PP2014, or when its units are set to PNU.

*also available in ShareCG, DAZ, and HiveWire3D flavours (the DeviantArt and CGBytes flavour have been discontinued).

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.