Wed, Oct 2, 10:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: Control chips and dynamic clothing

randym77 ( ) posted Tue, 13 February 2024 at 11:10 AM · edited Tue, 10 September 2024 at 8:45 AM

Been having some issues with La Femme (both versions) and dynamic clothing. I think the problem is checking the "ignore hand collisions" or "ignore head collisions" doesn't remove the control chips from collisions.

Expanding the hierarchy and looking for all the control chips in each finger, etc. is a pain. Is there another solution? Is there something I can do to permanently make LF's control chips non-collidable? (I can't imagine a situation where you'd want clothing to collide with the control chips.)

Y-Phil ( ) posted Tue, 13 February 2024 at 1:29 PM

If the idea is to avoid each hand, on windows we only have to alt-click to unselect the hand and everything below, the control chips included are unselected. Same for the head.
I don't know the equivalent on Mac.

Same effect to select everything. And it works on P11 & P13.

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
👿 Mac Mini M2, Sonoma 14.6.1, 16GB, 500GB SSD
👿 Nas 10TB
👿 Poser 13 and soon 14 ❤️

RedPhantom ( ) posted Tue, 13 February 2024 at 1:34 PM
Site Admin

It shouldn't even be colliding with chips. You can also try using the hide controls dial.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

primorge ( ) posted Tue, 13 February 2024 at 2:39 PM · edited Tue, 13 February 2024 at 2:47 PM

If the hide controls dial doesn't work (which controls the animated properties of the visibility, as in the visible from Properties or Hierarchy, not sure, as in don't know, if or how that property would relate to collisions in regard to sims) you can try this...

pyd4vMs7bfaPsQCUob9YW7jJ1iJUtlJByK04alTC.png

Float Controls INJ

Download the zip and put the 3 files together in any pose folder in your library. It's a pmd inject. When applied to LF Pro (1) it "translates" all of the control chips in the Y direction...

MirCYDzhH7bavlXZtmanF7WXtC96g2lREnqI33Ki.gif

At full strength (1) it translates the polys quite a bit...

uVAR57XKC3Ozr8Sntn2N9nWcp84tKqWcl6lUiwRh.png

The dial can be found in the Controls Section of LF's Body...

zBCO9X1IqTCdN7Ixye8tHOFodtGEIPtvw9q8NgsH.png

Note this is not a true transform but rather a morph: that is, the polys vertice coordinates are altered but the centers/origins in Poser terms are not. In any case it gets those poly vertices out of the way, which I think would be the quality related to collision calculation.

DeeceyArt ( ) posted Tue, 13 February 2024 at 3:40 PM · edited Tue, 13 February 2024 at 3:48 PM

When you use the Hide > Show Control Handles setting (it's in the BODY actor of the figure), are you setting that to 0 or 1?  Setting to 0 should hide the control chips (that's what I'm seeing here on both LF1 and LF2). 

Also ... when you are talking about hand control chips, what you might actually be referring to are the hand BONES. Control chips are used in the face for expressions. But those extra bones in the hand, breast, and buttocks should also disappear when you set Hide > Show Control Handles to 0 (not 1).

DeeceyArt ( ) posted Tue, 13 February 2024 at 3:50 PM · edited Tue, 13 February 2024 at 3:50 PM

Select the BODY actor of the figure

You'll see the Hide > Show Control Handles setting there.

Set to 0 to hide all of the control handles.

e13W34m1JVLkbo09T59RyHVQS1zp83QKNycKwMHl.png

randym77 ( ) posted Tue, 13 February 2024 at 6:53 PM · edited Tue, 13 February 2024 at 6:53 PM

I guess there must be something weird with my setup, if I'm the only one having this issue.

This is with the control chips hidden:

3uKd0dzkg7OIjGYLGzXfBK9pdsjxSHCNWSzs7AW3.png

This is what I get if I turn off collisions on the control chips manually:

LXlLq0LESipF4Q3sprSZjuiS8vuAKyAek5y6Zsjm.png

Have not tried the Float Controls thing, but I will. It looks interesting.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.