Fri, Jun 28, 7:20 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / New Poser Users Help

Welcome to the New Poser Users Help Forum

Forum Moderators: RedPhantom, Staff

New Poser Users Help F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 27 5:51 pm)

New to Poser? Ask questions here for expert help!

Subject: change view of prop permanently?

drawn ( ) posted Tue, 27 February 2024 at 12:23 PM · edited Wed, 29 May 2024 at 5:04 PM

I opened prop themall, huge, I got it positioned... so it shows most of what promo pic looks like, I want it to stay that way so if I open the prop again I want it the same each time, can then vary it as I please???

how can I do this? Manual doesn't really help...

KucXa83OeJBQPxfCjsfouhSQRCWWmVtNFTqOvQKC.png

here you see on left what I've got it to, but I want it to look like promo shot on right. once I get it there, I want that to be prop that opens each time...

don

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 27 February 2024 at 12:47 PM · edited Tue, 27 February 2024 at 12:50 PM

Your best bet is to save the camera settings back to the Poser Library for this particular prop.  There are many scenes on the market with multiple camera angles already included.  You always have the option to create your own or add cameras to the existing scene.  All you need to do is load your scene and select the camera angle under the Cameras tab.  AFAIK, you can't save camera angles as part of a prop.

You can also save or export the scene as a.PZ3 file which will retain camera angles and everything else you add to the stage.

drawn ( ) posted Tue, 27 February 2024 at 3:10 PM

mow I'm in trouble lighting the set. no matter what lites I turn on or even create, I get this same dark scene. wot am I doing wrong?

Rc8uC4YJhrSOtJVVrsVkrmhdRZfVlkSwUlkLqvfo.png

drawn ( ) posted Tue, 27 February 2024 at 3:23 PM

o never mind about that last comment. I fiddled with lites and found I can alter direction and that makes a big difference! thanks for all your help.

don

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 27 February 2024 at 3:43 PM

Glad you worked it out.  BTW, this is an old set created for Poser 7, so the shader materials may or may not render correctly in Superfly.  You should be fine with Firefly rendering if that is what you prefer.

drawn ( ) posted Tue, 27 February 2024 at 6:50 PM

Ah, good to know. I’ve been having difficulty with this giant prop. Do you know if any one is making a newer version. The giant scale is good for an overall shot but really moving around tonisalate views is like watching water boil

don

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 27 February 2024 at 8:57 PM

According to the documentation Readme, there is only one camera in the runtime folder.  However, if you are inclined, you can manually build each shop individually with the props under the Props category.  It is tedious but you can configure it and populate it your way.  For the most part, much of the major set will not be seen in one render anyway.

drawn ( ) posted Wed, 28 February 2024 at 5:47 AM

Thanks, but I settled on modular mall

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.