Fri, Jun 28, 6:47 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / New Poser Users Help

Welcome to the New Poser Users Help Forum

Forum Moderators: RedPhantom, Staff

New Poser Users Help F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 27 5:51 pm)

New to Poser? Ask questions here for expert help!

Subject: country fresh clothing??

drawn ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2024 at 3:00 PM · edited Mon, 24 June 2024 at 3:43 AM

I have LF pro and I have bought and, I think, installed country fresh clothing, shorts, bandanna, hat, boots, etc and now I can only find hat under country fresh in props. Where are the shorts, etc?

drawn

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2024 at 3:10 PM

According to the webpage documentation (Readme File), the product you purchased contains conforming clothing for La Femme Pro 1.  With the exception of the hat, all the clothing items will be found under the Figures category in your Poser Library.

drawn ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2024 at 6:03 PM

thanks I read the readme file but didn't either notice or understand what that meant...

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2024 at 7:47 PM

Figure files are associated with CR2/CZ2 formatted files, while prop files are associated with PP2 formatted files.  In addition, some vendors will list the pathway where all the files are located, making it easier to locate your content in the Poser Library.

drawn ( ) posted Sat, 16 March 2024 at 11:20 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

well, I tried to load CF SHORTS on Pauline figger and logo, even after did conform to. So, I made sure I have LF 1 Pro, that CF made for and put a basic fem figger in and asked CF shorts to clothe her. No. They tried to install on Pauline again and again falling too brief. Again, at wit's end of trying, need guidance please

9rNEqIpaSCUzWScd82oQ9GAeolrVHscXVJa3AOO4.png

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 16 March 2024 at 12:29 PM · edited Sat, 16 March 2024 at 12:29 PM

Is the Pauline figure a morphed version of LF?  What procedures are you using to conform the shorts to the figure?

If Pauline is a morphed version of LF, then the CF-Shorts do not have those morphs built-in.  You will have to copy those morphs from your figure to the CF-Shorts.  Conforming the clothing should fit automatically, however, you will need to check the boxes under 'When Conforming:' in the Parameter/Properties panel, as shown below:

j86bgh6vWjAXileB7tHXyv8T7F06PY02OWKGnSkI.png

Have you successfully been able to transfer morphs from a figure to associated clothing?  That has been you stumbling block and you have never responded to this question when I asked before.

drawn ( ) posted Sat, 16 March 2024 at 1:00 PM · edited Sat, 16 March 2024 at 1:00 PM

"Have you successfully been able to transfer morphs from a figure to associated clothing?  That has been you stumbling block and you have never responded to this question when I asked before."

sorry hb, tell the truth I didn't really understand the question and there were other questions I was pursuing, but now I can respond. I copied the shorts successfully to la femme, and I wish she were the parent of Pauline, but apparently not snuff of one. with her gone, I sent the shorts again to pauline African, and they showed on her butt. I told them to copy morphs from her, and I guess they did but I did not see anything occur, so I then asked them to Conform To, and they made a splotch as below:

sqIvzRrLVPjKoXt1qz9PFNWKbASzAEihQvuPcYgO.png

so, is there anything else I can do?

drawn

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 16 March 2024 at 2:03 PM

The CF-Shorts will only fit LF, they will not fit Pauline.  Pauline is a different model mesh and rigging, and, unfortunately, conversions between models are not easy to do.  The copy morph feature will only work well between the model and the clothing that was created for that model.

drawn ( ) posted Sat, 16 March 2024 at 3:34 PM · edited Sat, 16 March 2024 at 3:34 PM

apologies, hb, my wife needed some errands and I had hoped to do this first, but...I loaded my basic lf2 figger In and put the shorts on her, conformed and copied morphs from...but still. should I now return her to LF1 pro figger, and then shorts will fit, and once they conform can I then morph her back the way she needs to be?

thanks,

drawnsDOu14qyWLkhEN6oR5RwidqiwHyJzmt4RS0VBojE.pngi thot I removed her voluptuous morphs before loading shorts but maybe I did it wrong?

drawn ( ) posted Sat, 16 March 2024 at 3:46 PM

well, I installed another lf 2 figure that I did get the shorts on before, and made her same to my gal, and tried to copy morphs from her body and then just from the shorts, and result is same. must be something I haven't done?

5fbAf6QhrBnpFc4krHIYNOlNmf3jWR309Tt9LQYj.png

drawn ( ) posted Sat, 16 March 2024 at 3:53 PM · edited Sat, 16 March 2024 at 3:53 PM

tried superimposing 2 fingers and dark girl looks like she's got more oomph than whitey, so I again copied morphs from white, and nought.

EzkhJfamaxkmVwXck7vBCgCKkZPmSBILGb2axEke.png

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 16 March 2024 at 4:05 PM · edited Sat, 16 March 2024 at 4:06 PM

That will not work.  I am going to recommend that you download this tutorial:

Convert Clothing LaFemme 1 to La Femme 2 (renderosity.com)

It is a PDF file that another user wrote.  It outlines how to convert LF1 clothing to LF2, all done within Poser.  I was cited as one of its sources.  I will go through it very quickly to ensure there aren't any issues with its procedures.  But I haven't seen any complaints.  Your attempts do not work, even though they seem logical.  Download the file, read it, and follow the instructions. If you have questions, you know how to reach me.

DeeceyArt ( ) posted Sat, 16 March 2024 at 4:37 PM · edited Sat, 16 March 2024 at 4:37 PM

drawn posted at 6:03 PM Thu, 14 March 2024 - #4482523

thanks I read the readme file but didn't either notice or understand what that meant...

Poser has TWO types of clothing:  Conforming clothing, and Props clothing.

Conforming clothing will only properly work on the figure that it was created for, UNLESS it is converted.  For example, Victoria 4 clothing will only work on Victoria 4. You will need to convert it if you want to use it on any other figure. La Femme 1 clothing will only work with La Femme 1, unless you convert it for use with another figure. Conforming clothing displays with a FIGURE icon (looks like a person), and typically but not always appears in the Figures library.  When it DOES appear in the Props library, that does not mean it's a prop.  You'll need to pay attention to the icon that is superimposed on the clothing thumbnail. If it's a figure icon, it's conforming. If it's a HAT icon, it's a prop.

Prop clothing is typically Dynamic clothing, for use in the Cloth Room. You need to set up a cloth simulation in order for it to work with a pose. 

You can also tell if clothing is conforming or dynamic depending on where it appears in the scene selection dropdown lists, as shown below.  If your clothing appears in the left-side menu, it's conforming. You will need to select the clothing and choose Figure > Conform To to conform it to the figure in the menu.  If your clothing appears in the right-side menu, it's a Prop (which usually means it is dynamic clothing).  Select the clothing prop, and choose Object > Change Parent to "attach" it to the figure.

OYoU0bqixBFO37BNTX8FFQD9YJ9J6adLPO2NZOdI.png

Keep in mind that it's often easiest to clothe your characters when they appear in the default position and default pose (in the center of the scene).  Save the clothed figure to the library when you are done, and THEN move it and pose it as you wish.

drawn ( ) posted Wed, 27 March 2024 at 6:25 PM · edited Wed, 27 March 2024 at 6:25 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

damn. I hate it when what I thot I knew doesn't work the next time. so here I have an LF clothing mounted on a LF1 to LF2 prop figger and I have the instructions, but I cannot copy morphs from prop figger to the clothing. Copy Morphs From... turns up NO option for the prop figger. ???

drawn

1sVnccoNxRiIX4K9Hm2gwy1s0YYB7SMV1fjh8lIt.png

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 27 March 2024 at 7:04 PM

The clothing you are working with is conforming and you cannot transfer morphs from the prop mannequin to this type of clothing.  It is possible, but not at your skill level.  You are casually dismissing the fact that there are 2 very different types of clothing, type one that conforms to the figure and type two that needs a cloth simulation to fit the figure.  One process cannot be applied to the other easily.

What are you attempting to do?

drawn ( ) posted Wed, 27 March 2024 at 7:50 PM

good question!

I went to put the halter top from the country fresh outfit on my LF2 figure, and the result wasn't good. I told it to Conform and it got better but is not wholly on to allow her to go into public places. the previous black bra, also stuck out and I cannot delete it. So I jumped to the possibility it was for LF1 and I had to convert it to LF2, which was wrong, but I was too tired by then to think about it further. Thanks for pointing out the fact.

Now please tell me how to make the thing look right on her?

drawn

NAHvNTcjfY9HdUfV3739Ui62xnVpmFrgXJNQiJ2T.png

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 27 March 2024 at 8:59 PM
Site Admin

Those are for Lafemme 1. There is a way to convert it, but it's complicated.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 27 March 2024 at 9:27 PM

RedPhantom is right. There exists a complex method to convert the top from LF1 to LF2. I've shared a link to a download tutorial in a previous comment that details the procedure. The tutorial has multiple contributors, so it might be beneficial to review it multiple times to fully understand the steps involved.

It's important to recognize that conforming clothing is designed to fit a specific model. The top in question will conform and fit only LF1. It will not properly conform to LF2, as she has a completely different mesh design. This is a critical point to understand. Regardless of the number of attempts, the top will not conform and fit LF2. Therefore, it is advisable to cease trying. The top is a conforming garment, which is distinct from dynamic clothing. Its geometry is unique and can behave unpredictably in the Cloth Room.  Thus far, the techniques you've acquired for working with dynamic clothing are not applicable in this particular instance.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.