Thu, Jun 27, 9:47 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Contest Announcements

Welcome to the Contest Announcements Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic, msansing Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Contest Announcements F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 17 12:40 pm)

Subject: Writers Contest

Deenamic ( ) posted Tue, 02 April 2024 at 12:12 PM · edited Wed, 26 June 2024 at 12:52 AM
Forum Moderator

The Writers Contest is back! The contest is open theme, so let your imaginations soar!

Submissions Open: Tuesday, April 2, 2024, 10:00 AM CST
Deadline / Voting Begins: Friday, April 26, 2024, 5:00 PM CST
Voting Closes: Sunday, May 12, 2024, 12:00 PM CST
Winners Announced: Thursday, May 16, 2024

ENTER NOW!

Denesia (Dee)

Forums: Photoshop  ☮  Photography  ☮  Mixed Medium  ☮  Freestuff  ☮  Freestuff Testing  ☮  Changes wanted in the Community  ☮  Marvelous Designer  ☮  Challenge Arena  ☮  Animation  ☮  Fractals  ☮  Beta Testing  ☮  The Get-Away Spot  ☮  Newcomer Corner  ☮  Suggestion Box  ☮  Contest Announcements

Byrdie ( ) posted Tue, 02 April 2024 at 8:00 PM · edited Tue, 02 April 2024 at 8:01 PM

Sounds interesting. Going over the rules now, I understand an image must be submitted and our story is written as the image description, yes? And of course it must be TOS compliant and unsigned for the judging. I assume it is fairly obvious that the words must be entirely the author's own and not ChatGPT's or whatever but as I do mixed medium art which sometimes includes AI assisted/postworked images, I am uncertain if that part is allowed in this contest or not. Also about the no violence rule: would that mean space battle scenes and/or the mention of such, or the hero getting the drop on the bad guy -- things of that nature -- are out of bounds? Or would such be okay as long as it's not explicitly described or illustrated violence? And is droid whacking and/or evil demon alien supernatural monster bashing allowed as long as it stays within the TOS? Got plenty of ideas and a few things in mind already, I just wanna make sure where the lines are before I commit to anything. Thanks! 

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Tue, 02 April 2024 at 8:37 PM
Site Admin

The image is not taken into consideration during judging. No ai use. No violence, no nudity, no foul language. If the story would require a content advisory tag, it cannot be entered into the contest.

Wolfenshire, Moderator/Community Leader

Byrdie ( ) posted Wed, 03 April 2024 at 12:29 PM

Thanks for the info. Not sure why an image is even needed if it's not counted but if I enter I'll probably just make a simple title .jpeg in Paintshop Pro with whatever basic clipart that comes with.  

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Wed, 03 April 2024 at 2:35 PM · edited Wed, 03 April 2024 at 2:37 PM
Site Admin

The image can be anything, it's only a place marker, you can scribble the title of your story on a piece of paper and that would be fine. The art is the story and the quality of its content.

Wolfenshire, Moderator/Community Leader

Byrdie ( ) posted Wed, 03 April 2024 at 3:23 PM

Ah, got it all straight now. Will see if my crazy, cranky Muses will cooperate and throw some good ideas my way before the deadline. Do we need to watch the word count? Any minimum or maximum required? 

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 03 April 2024 at 4:54 PM
Site Admin

There's nothing in the rules, but the entry will only accept a maximum of 50,000 characters. While we love to read, if we got 20 epic novels, judging would take months.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.