Fri, Jun 28, 7:00 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / New Poser Users Help

Welcome to the New Poser Users Help Forum

Forum Moderators: RedPhantom, Staff

New Poser Users Help F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 27 5:51 pm)

New to Poser? Ask questions here for expert help!

Subject: beard for Ryker?

drawn ( ) posted Wed, 17 April 2024 at 3:01 PM · edited Fri, 28 June 2024 at 2:04 AM

well, I fell prey to another product description that is written for pros and not newbies. Ryker looked good because he "comes" with a beard, etc. so I turned him into my main character and then wanted to put the beard on his smooth face and it turns out, whoa!. it's a jpg file.  I dunno what to do with that. Can I stick it on his head? if so, how, please?

drawn

WdfUjPRnj7efP33AcGAmwq0eHApjXK6Ow6KpKWJB.png

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 17 April 2024 at 3:28 PM
Site Admin

There should be a shader in the materials called add !! Add Beard that will give L'homme the beard.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

drawn ( ) posted Wed, 17 April 2024 at 5:25 PM

you are right again! thanks thanks thanks. Now if you could guide me to find a deeper shade for his skin? and how do I make him age to 45?

drawnWIcqZ1kWD4NwhlsYOhDxzjofA5MLWF8piB7c0qIj.png

and I had morphed his face made it broader, etc. and that has all gone away. I suppose I can do it again, but what is the rule in force here?

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 17 April 2024 at 5:41 PM

Guiding you on darkening the skin texture without a Material Room screenshot is challenging. The outcome may look unnatural, depending on the base texture.  Additionally, the render engine you're using for the final image is unknown.

If you lost an earlier morph after applying a character texture, it means the character texture you applied included a morph.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 17 April 2024 at 7:05 PM
Site Admin

I agree with hborre to change a shader we need to see a screenshot of the material room. Something like this is not helpful because everything is piled on top of each other.

something along this line is better.

Then we can see everything and where it is plugged in. Yours might not be as complicated as this one. I purposely did one with lots of nodes for emphasis. But you should get the idea. And make sure you are showing the correct material, shown underlined here.

And we need to know which render engine you are using Superfly or Firefly because there are different ways to do things with the different render engines.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Kalypso ( ) posted Thu, 18 April 2024 at 3:18 AM
Site Admin

I just want to add that it looks like you're using either too many lights or too strong intensity.  This has resulted in significantly altering the look of the texture and washing out details.  Preset lights for FireFly will not perform the same with SuperFly.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.