Mon, Jun 24, 8:06 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / New Poser Users Help

Welcome to the New Poser Users Help Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

New Poser Users Help F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 22 8:19 am)

New to Poser? Ask questions here for expert help!

Subject: rendering 1200dpi

drawn ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2024 at 12:58 PM · edited Sun, 23 June 2024 at 12:17 PM

in dummying up my graphic novel, I am experimenting. I get the screen to show what I want, render it at 1200 dpi and size in inches 2ooo wide x 1.125 and then save the result as an image to my desktop, making a screen cap out of it and then easily import that into Procreate on my iPad, and get a fairly clean sharp image to lay on my layout in Pages. I set the render to cpu fast denoise. what think ye, gang, any suggestions?4rH1mIh939xrKUtJuHQvsjGHmxj5PDej37T1w1kT.png 

drawn

drawn ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2024 at 2:37 PM

my iMac screen has a resolution of 4480x25xx, and the screenshot preserves that Rez, so all is well, I think...

drawn

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2024 at 3:06 PM

DPI is a printer's terminology.  PPI (pixels per inch) is the correct term that applies to saving rendered image resolution.  If what you are using is correctly posted, you are looking at a long render time for CPU rendering.  I don't understand why you don't just use the exported, rendered image.  Screen capture does not yield an optimal, editable image.

drawn ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2024 at 5:04 PM
I didn’t really make a
 Screenshot because when I exported the image to my desktop, it joined the screenshots that were already there and I couldn’t see the difference?

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2024 at 5:27 PM · edited Thu, 30 May 2024 at 5:29 PM

Did you compare the resolution between the two images?  The purpose of rendering an image is to use it directly from Poser or perform further editing in a 3rd party software for illustration work.  The purpose of screencaps is to record information and save it as a reference; they shouldn't be your final version of your work.

drawn ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2024 at 6:24 PM

Yesireei saved a new one right to a location that I directly imported it perfectly into my editing program for touchups. Thanks for helping me get here

draen

nerd ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2024 at 5:48 PM
Forum Moderator

Don, I saw your ticket in support before this. Seems you found a way to get the screen cap out of the work flow. That's good. I couldn't believe there was no way to directly import to Procreate.

drawn ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2024 at 6:51 PM

Yay!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.