Sat, Sep 28, 6:21 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 27 11:50 pm)

Subject: Character to Dynamic Cloth

thefixer ( ) posted Thu, 08 August 2024 at 11:53 AM · edited Sat, 28 September 2024 at 6:20 PM

How can I convert an item of clothing from a Character to Dynamic clothing..? Can it be done..? Poser 12

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 08 August 2024 at 12:51 PM

You would be better off using the OBJ file to transition to Dynamic Clothing.  However, depending on how the mesh was created and assembled, the clothing may not be suitable for the Cloth Room without further mesh welding.  Pockets, buttons, loops, etc. may not conform or fall off during cloth animation, and double-sided mesh never behaves when converted to dynamic clothing.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 08 August 2024 at 12:53 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

It depends on the clothing and how it was built. If there are a lot of detached decorations, then it may end up being more trouble than it's worth. The easiest way is to take the garment into the fitting room and spawn a prop. You'll need a second figure in the scene to stand in as the goal but since you aren't doing any fitting, it can be any figure.

You can also export the clothing as an obj and re-import it. I prefer the fitting room because it retains shaders and doesn't leave a file on my hard drive that I have to remove later.

Sometimes the body part aren't welded and the clothing will fall apart in the cloth room. If you want to use the fitting room method, you can try converting the clothing to simple bones single skin (figures>skinning method) but most likely you will have to take the clothing into a modeler and weld it there.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Y-Phil ( ) posted Thu, 08 August 2024 at 12:54 PM · edited Thu, 08 August 2024 at 12:54 PM

I've used a d-form piece of cloth, to be used in Daz's Studio, as a dynamic cloth in Poser by simply exporting it as OBJ and importing as is in Poser.
So I think that you could do the same trick directly in Poser.

As soon as  you select a prop in Poser's Cloth Room, it becomes something dynamic. This done, you will probably have to define what's choreographed, what's soft/rigid decorated, depending on the cloth's shape itself, for example if it has a belt.

2nZPUrs0uc0s8fJWDkHIoAxWcFouGyQ1GF4eZOjc.png

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
👿 Mac Mini M2, Sonoma 14.6.1, 16GB, 500GB SSD
👿 Nas 10TB
👿 Poser 13 and soon 14 ❤️

thefixer ( ) posted Thu, 08 August 2024 at 2:07 PM

Thanks everyone, appreciate the responses...

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

Sunfire ( ) posted Thu, 08 August 2024 at 3:22 PM
FVerbaas ( ) posted Fri, 09 August 2024 at 7:16 AM
Forum Coordinator

Cheapest way is FigToProp: https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/86003/fig-to-prop

RedPhantom ( ) posted Fri, 09 August 2024 at 11:10 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

will that work in later versions of Poser without hoop jumping? That was written with a previous version of python, which is why I didn't suggest it.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

FVerbaas ( ) posted Fri, 09 August 2024 at 12:27 PM
Forum Coordinator

I would see no reason why it would not work. It is plain Python code, not compiled. I cannot test a.t.m. but I downloaded and reviewed and as far as I can see there's nothing in there that would not be palatable by the present versions of Poser. If there is let me know.

For all purposes and intentions: many uncompiled older scripts just work on P12 and P13 if they are properly coded. It does not hurt to try.

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 09 August 2024 at 12:43 PM

I just tested it and it does work in Poser 13.  Elegantly simple.

primorge ( ) posted Sat, 10 August 2024 at 4:01 PM · edited Sat, 10 August 2024 at 4:03 PM

Or manually... any figure, useful for posed figure props for instance

File:Import:Wavefront OBJ... all options unchecked

File:Export:Wavefront OBJ...

File:Import:Wavefront OBJ. All options unchecked EXCEPT Weld Identical Vertices. Final prop.

UVs will be maintained. Usemtl groups maintained (It's not necessary to check Preserve Existing Material Names)

The resulting prop will have no poly groups, the prior existing body part groups have been dumped. A single group is easily added by either opening the OBJ in a text editor and adding g NAME directly before the facet (f) blocks (usually the g will be in place but must be named as desired)...

Also note that the winding order has been altered, caveat.

ifRgo8ZHAN2oN32QKxgE6XdUv4zykFGqIbpXWxrK.png

Or if you're sqeamish about editing OBJ files just use the Group Editor

New Group...

UijPKdaglMTvZhUbFXmAnVMBjXS8uQ5PzuNAm3bx.png

Add All

TMB1eTj1gQP5WCmEkMVdn23SaOcLxeRB4jPbDBzE.png

HmBa8QgJa63tABQVVkRHpd3iT8IaYwaAoSLZe1Nc.png

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.