Sun, Sep 22, 9:18 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 8:42 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: What happened to the auto refresh?

jonrd463 ( ) posted Sun, 12 September 1999 at 1:46 PM · edited Wed, 31 July 2024 at 12:04 PM

PFO Team: First of all, I have to give you props for all of the updates and additions (That instant message thing is just cool beyond belief!), but there is something I noticed. A little while back, when the updates were first implemented, the message listing would auto update, showiug new messages, whenever you backed out of a message thread. I thought this was pretty cool, as it eliminated the need to click the [Read New Messages] link. I was wondering what happened to it. Did it cause issues with the server? I know, it's probably a matter of laziness on my part, but I have to say, that was one of my favorite additions :-) At any rate, like I said, all the updates and improvements to the PSO have been nothing but good. Keep up the good work! Jon

fur ( ) posted Mon, 13 September 1999 at 8:47 AM

there was never any auto-updating that i was aware of..

bloodsong ( ) posted Mon, 13 September 1999 at 12:29 PM

heya; if you do go back from a thread to the main listings, new messages will appear at the top (#1), if any have been posted. or, i have noticed that once or twice. i think it depends on whether you go back to the listings by going forward (clicking on the main link), or you go back by pressing your browser's back button. i use the latter, and sometimes even replies i just posted are not listed on the main list. (i dont mind, i just think hitting the back button is faster.)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.