Mon, Sep 9, 4:12 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Michael and vicky origins??

wolf359 ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2001 at 5:53 PM ยท edited Fri, 19 July 2024 at 4:01 AM

I was wondering has there ever been a "making of " or other background info published on the creation of the michael and vicky 1& 2 models what programs were used??i heard they 3d scanned real faces does any one know the whole story Thanks

My website

YouTube Channel

rtamesis ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2001 at 10:29 PM

Michael was based on one of the people working over at daZ, while Victoria was based on a professional model whose face and body they scanned and subsequently modified. I don't know what software they used, but it wouldn't surprise me if they used Maya.

duanemoody ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2001 at 6:01 AM

And damn it, they never show the photos of the models. I just wanna see how someone could have Vicky's nose and eyes.

perrick ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2001 at 6:23 AM

Hope that no real life professional model looks like Vicky does as default when loaded. Then she would need some morph dials in order to make it to the catwalk... Anyway, according to DAZ, the very life-like new textures for Vicky 2.0 are made from photos of a real life model.

agate88 ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2001 at 11:21 AM

Actually I do have a photo somewhere of the model for Vicki...and actually she looks just fine. I think peoples perceptions get distorted because everyone jerks around their models to enhance features that really aren't realistic. Like oversized eyes and irises, lips and noses not shaped/sized real. The stock Vicky is alot more realistic than I think people realize. I will try to find the photos, scan them, and post them.

agate88 ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2001 at 11:23 AM

By the way, I am surprise Duane, you are thinking Vicky is not realistic. You have some great face morphs that show you have a great understanding of facial features, but I think yours look more realistic when turned from 1.000 to .500. I'm telling you, there is a real living/breathing Vicki out there, and if you saw her, you'd think she looked just fine.

duanemoody ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2001 at 12:11 PM

Thanks for the info. What I meant to say, as I have in the past, is that her nose and eyes aren't unrealistic, but not typical. Tilted eyes are a genetic / ethnic trait not prevalent in the North American Caucasian population, not a common secondary sexual characteristic. Had DAZ had released V1 with the Slant dial and a MoveColumellaY dial this wouldn't have been a problem and the custom Vickies we saw at first wouldn't have been so annoyingly generic. The chin is a little heavier than average for a woman's face that size. Somatotropin usually makes female jawbones more delicate. But our real frustration comes from the mesh crumpling if we try to correct this with the Chin dial. DAZ got so excited that they life modeled Vicky that they forgot they were marketing a base model for developers. Now, with V2, they finally remembered. As far as my morphs are concerned... Most of them look too much like each other at .5. What I've been doing recently is getting them to a point where they have a recognizable, unique look then dialing it back to .7 or so.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.