Thu, Oct 10, 12:14 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 09 12:13 pm)

Subject: Critique a newbies work.

Fracture ( ) posted Mon, 20 August 2001 at 9:18 AM ยท edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 12:17 PM

Hi I just started using Poser about a week ago and was wondering if someone could give me some pointers on how to make them renderings better. Right now I'm still using other people props and models and such but I see alot of that so I don't feel too awkward about it. Here's a link to one of my renderings. http://www.gamingafterlife.com/poser/Portal.jpg I post the link instead of uploading the pic as it's over 1024x768 or so and that might slow down some modem users who just happen to pop in.

aleks ( ) posted Mon, 20 August 2001 at 10:41 AM

not bad, fracture! i like especially the face expression of the yellowhead. few things: - that space ship on the right is too much. it disturbs the whole composition. - the shockwaves are a bit too edgy - maybe a case for postproduction? - eye tends to go to the center of the waves and then goes back to the other woman up left, then goes back and so forth. i would put her somewhere near the yellowhead, because as it is now, she attracts too much attention (partly being hidden behind the shockwave...

Fracture ( ) posted Mon, 20 August 2001 at 10:49 AM

Ok thanks. That shockwave thing was actually a jet thrust model I got from someplace (I forget who right now but he made some sandstone spires and a Preditor model). The spaceship on the right was part of a NASA Rendering of a vew of Saturn from one of it's moons so I could fix that by reversing the image so it's on the other side. And I think I know what you mean by the post production bit. I thought the same thing about it that it makes it look odd to just end and not somehow fade from view. The last part you basically mean to mover her closer in, Can do on that. I'd like to find them some better outfits if I could. The ones I got were free and not bad but not all that thrilling either.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.