Tue, Oct 22, 1:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 12:41 am)

Subject: Tech question: Removing Duplicate Faces.

Director ( ) posted Wed, 22 August 2001 at 8:03 AM ยท edited Fri, 06 September 2024 at 12:31 AM

Sliced all the joints for a brand new figure mesh, afterwards I realized that in the process I duplicated the vertices and faces in several parts of the figure. Took care of the duplicate vertices, but I'm not sure how to get rid of all the extra faces. I managed to pull this off in Max 3. Is there a utility, or some aspect of Max, I've overlooked that can remove the extra faces?

Jim Burton ( ) posted Wed, 22 August 2001 at 10:38 AM

I don't know, if there is I'd also like to know about it. One sigh of the extra faces, as you probably have noticed is Poser renders them black, not to be confused with the bad geometry which you can fix with UV Mapper. What I done is locate them in Poser (go into a wireframe view) with Max running and then delete 'em in Max.

Director ( ) posted Wed, 22 August 2001 at 10:40 AM

I have spots where there are up to 10 faces on top of one another. It is causing the file size to really bloat.

Director ( ) posted Wed, 22 August 2001 at 11:37 AM

Attached Link: http://www.gfxcentral.com/bobo/ipas/ddf/

It's a max plugin that should remove duplicate faces. http://www.gfxcentral.com/bobo/ipas/ddf/ I still wonder if there is an app out there the opposite of Twoface (it makes a duplicate set of inversed normal faces)that is an all in one tool for removing any duplicate faces.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.