Tue, Oct 22, 7:41 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 7:36 am)

Subject: Location of Scar Tutorial?

Moonbiter ( ) posted Wed, 12 September 2001 at 10:49 PM ยท edited Mon, 05 August 2024 at 7:08 AM

I feel like such an idiot but I read this the other day and now I can't find the link to it the tutorial listing. In it the author shows an easy way of giving your textures great facial scars If anyone knows which one I am talking about I would appreciate a link.... :) Thanks,

leather-guy ( ) posted Wed, 12 September 2001 at 11:59 PM

Easiest way would be to make a bmp map. Can't recall a good tutorial, but I can suggest the method I used to learn how to make scars & fissures; find the template for the character you're using, (the UV wireframe-like skin layout) convert to greyscale, and apply it to your character as a bmp map; take a few moments to study how it appears in a close-up render of the face. You'll make the connection, & you'll be off & running to create your own bmp map in any paint-type program! - once you've got your scar bmp map done & placed, you can apply color on the corrisponding texture. (Red for fresh cuts, & palor for older) Hope this helps! Happy rendering!

veamon ( ) posted Thu, 13 September 2001 at 12:51 AM

send me an email, i know an easy way to photoshop it without doin bump maps and all

David_Amos ( ) posted Thu, 13 September 2001 at 8:04 AM

Look down the side at Affiliated Artists and find Archangel Gabriel. This is one of the best i've found on scars. Well i think this is the one you mean, if not it's still great. :o) Take care David

Moonbiter ( ) posted Thu, 13 September 2001 at 11:57 AM

Thanks everyone, David that was the one I was looking for, Thanks again. I appreciate it.

David_Amos ( ) posted Thu, 13 September 2001 at 1:17 PM

No problem :o) Have fun David

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.