Sat, Sep 21, 1:03 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 12:48 pm)

Subject: Setting JP Angles... Help!

bloodsong ( ) posted Mon, 22 November 1999 at 10:47 AM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 1:03 PM

Attached Link: if you didn't visit my gallery on my last post, click here! ;D

heyas; i've made a bat/demon/dragon style wing, and each vane is a body part... now the problem i have is... the twist angle for each vane is not along any of the three major axes. now the bend (z) and side-side (y) all work okay, but.... how can i tell the twist i want it to go another way? i tried messing with rotating the centerpoint... how come when i do this, the figure seems to jump a little? i dont like that. :) and does the twist endpoint have to point to the next body part? they all point radially, like a fan. :/ actually, they should all point out like fingers from the 'hand' part. BUT this violates that rule where you are not allowed to have three body parts that meet. (that is, each vane touches the central hand, and its neighbor.) any ideas??? ::sigh:: maybe the zygote dragon will go on sale soon and i can dissect it. :)

Morbid ( ) posted Mon, 22 November 1999 at 11:57 AM

Heya BS. Aside from the fact that your not working along a set axis (something that poser is not alone in disliking), the difficulty you face is that each "finger" or "fan" is dependant upon two other parts in terms of hierarchy. The membrane parts ideally depend on their respective "fingers" and the next one over. The central hand can mean a third parent for one object. I've been working on different solutions for a while... so far the only workable solution (barely!) is some very elaborate morph targets for the whole wing. But maybe one of the savants has come up with a better idea... :) Drop me an e-mail, bud.

Traveler ( ) posted Mon, 22 November 1999 at 4:55 PM

I don't know how to work the fingers and flaps aspect of this problem, but for the joint rotation order, if you look at the raptor in its zeroed pose, Zygote created the mesh so that all the body parts were at about 90 degree angles to each other, so that they could avoid all of that. Maybe you could do the wing skin as a second parented figure? that way they would not have that 3 joints problem? -Trav

bloodsong ( ) posted Mon, 22 November 1999 at 5:35 PM

heya; i know i know, i always try to make things at right angles... but wing vanes are triangular... like slices of pie. kinda hard to get them to be square... :) hmm... if i took the skin off, yeah, then the bones would be separate and can all have one parent... but if i made the membrane to match, it'd still have to be sliced the same, with all the triangles meeting at the hand. :/ besides, i know the zygote dragon did it. people told me so. :) actually, mine works, just the... well, just to 'twist' the vane, you have to mess with two axes instead of just one... well, you know how picky i am! morbid!! send ME an email! (actually, dont think i have yer address...)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.