Mon, Oct 21, 10:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 9:06 pm)

Subject: Victoria 2 eyebrow issue, please help

Calseeor ( ) posted Thu, 18 October 2001 at 8:49 AM ยท edited Mon, 05 August 2024 at 4:32 AM

Hello all, I did a search on this issue and found some answers but I am stuck. I have victoria 2 and am having the ugly eyebrow issue. Why does she have 3 eyebrow settings? What are they for? I need to get rid of them so that the amazing textures that some of you have made for her, show up and look right. I tried setting all the brow settings to black, full transparentcy. But I still end up with these ugly, floating eyebrows. I see mention of an eyebrow transmap, but I apparently do not have it or can not locate it. Would this be a transmap that came with my Victoria 2 download, or is it something else I need? Oh yea..I also set the Brow Gone dial to 100 and even 500 , but they are stil there. Anyone know what I can do? Thank you, Eryk

Cin- ( ) posted Thu, 18 October 2001 at 9:03 AM

Okay, here goes... V2 has 2 eyebrow settings and an Upper Eyebrow setting... the upper eyebrows actually sit in front of the face, which is the one that a transmap would be applied to... V2 doesn't come with one, but there are a few free ones out there, do a search here in freestuff for it, that's the one I use... but a lot of textures don't use the upper eyebrows, they have eyebrows painted onto the skin texture which is one of the other eyebrows material settings... I know on my computer the very last eyebrow setting in the list doesn't do anything, so I just leave it set to black with no texture applied to it, but the other eyebrow texture, the one that isn't UpperEyebrows, or the very last one, set it to white (or whatever color you have your SkinHead set to) and apply the head texture.. make sure your highlight and ambient colors are set for the eybrows and SkinHead both the same, or you'll get a weird edge around the eyebrows. The BrowsGone morph pulls the upper eyebrows into the head... this is useful if the skin texture has the eyebrows painted directly onto it, and doesn't use the UpperEyebrows with a transparency map... I know there's a tutorial somewhere that goes over this whole thing, but I can't recall who it's by or where it is... Hope that helped.

Calseeor ( ) posted Thu, 18 October 2001 at 9:21 AM

Cin , thank you very much. that does help and explains the issue very well. I will be eyebrowless this evening and ready to play!!!! Thank you again, --Eryk

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 18 October 2001 at 9:35 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=363681

See this thread in the Vue forum...same problem :). Laurie

Calseeor ( ) posted Thu, 18 October 2001 at 10:04 AM

Thank you LaurieA. The visuals in this link will be helpful as well. :) --Eryk

wgreenlee1 ( ) posted Thu, 18 October 2001 at 10:35 AM

eye brows gone!

Jaager ( ) posted Thu, 18 October 2001 at 10:42 AM

V2P4 is not V2. V2P4 is the one with legacy materials. The two at the bottom of the list. Ignore them. When the new geometry for V2P4 was put together, someone at DAZ renamed these two materials by mistake and then did not remove the instances for the old ones from the CR2. V2P4 comes with Victoria 2, but is not Victoria 2. V2 refers to the additional morphs.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.