Mon, Sep 9, 4:07 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Genital Pack for Vicky

Photopium ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2001 at 6:30 PM · edited Sun, 01 September 2024 at 10:07 PM

Traveller and Jaager both have had these past/present. Both affect the nipple group and reassign them to a new map. What I would like to see is a nipple-free version or rather one that leaves the nipples alone. It is a pain to try to match up the new nipple maps to the tone/shade of the body map you're using. Just the hip, that's what I'm talking about. While we're on the subject, I was wondering if anyone has thought about making a full Vagina as a hi-res prop, rather then trying to morph the hip. From what I can see from both packs, the result for the new grouping is rather jagged due to the polygon arrangement on Vicky's Hip. A well made prop could take care of that and be parented to the hip. Used in conjuncture with a transmap on Vicky's Hip, a prop would be most useful IMO. Traveller, Jaager, any thoughts? Anyone else up to the challenge? -WTB

Traveler ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2001 at 7:16 PM

HI WTB, I have been considering resetting the nipple mapping, becauce the original mapping works better with morphs, etc. Also I want to re-do some of the hip mapping. I do have plans on making a better vickie femina. Just need to find the time :) -Eric

Photopium ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2001 at 7:34 PM

That would be very cool, can't wait! What do you think of the Prop idea? -WTB

Traveler ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2001 at 7:38 PM

Prop idea is good, but how about a swapable hip, like on the male figures? Say with a pre-modeled gen mesh and keeping the original V mapping? :)

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2001 at 8:06 PM

Don't see any point to it myself but that is just me.

mheldt ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2001 at 9:19 PM

Would it morph?

Jaager ( ) posted Tue, 30 October 2001 at 10:43 PM

Greg, I don't see the point for swapable hips, either. Female equipment does not poke through clothing anyway.
Since I made a V2P2 remap of just the lips and nipples, It should be obvious that my preference is for separate textures there. If I want a transition, I will do it in PP8 or P6.
I have the lips/nips and genitals textures all assigned to their own MAT pose files, so I can switch textures instantly - It is really cool. I also did the rsr's using the textures, so I can see what each looks like. The problem for anyone else is that I renamed the textures - removed spaces and made the numbering consistent. Since it will involve a ton of bandwidth to provide this and I have heard essentially zilch wth that I have provided, what would be thee point?

The morphing is separate from the the remap anyway. But, yes, the texturing is crap without the remapping.
I played with a prop. It is doable. I was thinking about making Millie's genitals material transparent and sticking the prop in the opening.
Actually something like this has been done and is on sale in the store here.
BUT, the author choose to make the prop a part of the hip mesh or alter the geometry of the hip to accomodate it.
My rule is - do not mess with the geometry of the groups.
It messes up too many morphs and messes up the texturing. It causes too many problems.
Besides, a prop, once parented, will stay put no matter what. If you want it to adjust to a spread leg pose, you just do a morph on the prop and slave it to the joint movement.
I am not enough displeased with Millie to get into shaping the prop and doing all the necessary morphs on it. Much work.
What I was going to do, was to cut the keystone area out of Vic's hip, increase the verts where I wanted the extra shaping, set the map and then morph it. I lost interest at the vert increase stage.

Photopium ( ) posted Wed, 31 October 2001 at 12:16 AM

Jaager - Now that you mention it, I do remember your genitals being seperate from the lips nips thing. Do you have the morphs and genital mapping available without the lip/nipple change or would it be hard to make that up in reasonable amount of time? I think playing with the cr2 should do the trick pretty quick, no? As for bandwidth, I've got plenty on the cable, I would love to get the genital pack again if it's still available as a freebie. I am still in love with the hi-res prop idea or even better yet Traveller's idea of hip-switching, so long as the V2 body morphs could somehow remain intact (That's probably being too picky, I know) Therefore I side with the smart prop idea, parenting it into a transmapped area of the hip. Final thought: the existing morphs for the hip that create genitals are a valiant effort but leave a great deal to be desired. Jaager, I like that last idea you mentioned. Wish you didn't lose interest. As long as I'm wishing... I wish you both would continue along all ideas mentioned here and see what ends up being best. -WTB

Jaager ( ) posted Wed, 31 October 2001 at 4:20 AM

Greg, I will get you direct re the textures.
It is not the cr2 - it is the obj file.
You have Millie.obj, or at least did.
To quickly get what you are after, you can try this:
Read Millie.obj in Compose.
select the hip and save it as a separate group.
Clear the program
Read blMilWom.obj
select the hip and delete it.
Read the hip from Millie
check the box that says the merge the group with the current file. (this is not the merge in the bottom section of the main program.)
Select the main group icon and save the new figure with a different name.
Text edit a CR2 to load this new figure. If I guess right, you will then have a Vicki with just Millie's hip remap.

I just don't see the point of a hip switch. Even with Mike, I would probably just do a morph that pulls his plumbing inside his hip or just make the group(s) invisible for clothing. The geometry switch thing seems to be a neat trick in search of a purpose.

Photopium ( ) posted Wed, 31 October 2001 at 12:12 PM

Jaager, I no longer have the Millie obj due to the hard drive loss of last month :(

lmckenzie ( ) posted Wed, 31 October 2001 at 10:27 PM

I see someone else shares my idea. I posted this suggestion at Thralldom a while back: "What I imagine is a 3D prop with external vulva, labia, etc. and an internal anatomy which would extend up into the pelvis. There would be internal & external textures/bump maps - all morphable for size/shape of course. Hopefully it would be as anatomically accurate as possible. As a smart prop, it could be inserted into any Poser Female character" Dendras posted this reply: "...there's a problem: The existing hip mesh would have to be split and altered (parted) to allow the sort of "internal" thing you've got in mind. I've thought about this, and the only way to do it is to do what Jaager did with Millie.obj (for Victoria 1.0) and what Traveller did with Eve: Make the genetalia and "inner workings" part of the mesh itself. A "slap on" prop really won't work very well." Sorry for the length, but it would be really neat if someone could do something like this. I actually saw it implemented in a freestuf character but it wasn't done very well. Anyone up to the challenge, or do the experts agree it's a no go? Don't know what the market would be, but I'd buy one :)

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

Photopium ( ) posted Wed, 31 October 2001 at 10:41 PM

I don't see how anything other than a simple transmap on the hip is needed to insert the prop. It seems like a no-brainer to me! Probably one additional step of creating a new perspective UV on the genital area because it's not mapped properly on the standard UV of Vicky. I of course agree with you lmckenzie. Make it and we will buy, but it's got to be good. -WTB

Jaager ( ) posted Thu, 01 November 2001 at 4:24 AM

Dendras is correct about needing an opening. He is incorrect in thinking that the mesh must be touched to do it. Making a material transparent will do it just as well. This saves the existing hip morphs.

Phantast ( ) posted Thu, 01 November 2001 at 10:11 AM

Incidental point - remapping and applying separate textures to lips, eyes, etc and implementing with .mat files is fine as long as you work entirely within Poser. If you want to render the final version outside of Poser, then the more different textures files you have the more unecessary work you have to do to get things right. Which is why I find Jaager's figures tedious to use compared to standard ones.

Jaager ( ) posted Thu, 01 November 2001 at 12:47 PM

The quality of a render is heavily dependent on the quality of the texture you are applying to the mesh, at least for closeup work. With all on two textures, you sacrifice resolution on some materials for ease of use. You makes your choices and you lives with the results. From anyone's Vicki textures, all I use is Skinhead, Skinbody and brows(after I have cloned then out with the surrounding skin). All other materials are on several separate textures.

Phantast ( ) posted Fri, 02 November 2001 at 5:10 AM

This is true; however, I seldom if ever do real close-up portrait-type work. I don't REALLY need even the two textures for standard Vicky most of the time.

lmckenzie ( ) posted Fri, 02 November 2001 at 1:52 PM

In the general topic area, can Traveler/someone clarify a bit on making Femina maps? I'm densely not getting that final paragraph and I'd like to follow the instructions rather than just start slapping pixels around. For amusement, consider my 'Genometry' concept grew to a uterus, ovaries... Since the figures are 'hollow' inside, could one not have complete internal organs? Don't know how you'd anchor them but with trans maps, you could aninmate a birth sequence for instance. Poser in every health classroom? OK, I'm getting carried away :) I do recall someone from (then) Zygote saying they'd done a custom model with genitals for use in a birth type thing. I still don't understand the Zygote/Daz neutered female idea. There are 'Nudity' warnings on every pic of Vicky's pubic area but when I got Mike, there wasn't a notice on the in your face pic of his 'package.' Anyway, someone do the prop, make money and earn the gratitude of at least half a dozen people.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

Photopium ( ) posted Fri, 02 November 2001 at 2:12 PM

Here is my proposal, and I'd really like to see how this works: I would like a fine modeller like Traveler or Jaager (for example) to come forward and say "I will make this prop for X dollars." X can be any price the modeller feels is sufficient for the time, skill and unlimited liscense for distribution. Say, for example, $1000 dollars. Any number of Artists can come forward and make the bid. We, the consumers and wanters of this product can then choose a bidder to commission the product. We will make the choice based on previous work, existing freestuff examples of their quality and so on. We will discuss this in private IM's or what not. When we finally choose an artist and a bid, we will then all agree to split the cost of the accepted bid. For example, in our $1000 dollars scenario, let's say 20 people agree to contribute to the commission pool. This would make each person's payment $50. When the artist announces that he has a "Beta" version ready for testing, the people who paid will then recieve the beta version and compile a list of wanted, reasonable tweaks. When the final version is ready and sent to all people who paid, the item then becomes freely distributable. Everyone is happy. The artist makes their quota for sales, the people who craved the item now have it in existence due to their combined initiative to get the ball rolling, and the people with minor to no interest get a great freebie anyway. Also, people who are too strapped for cash to buy extra items benefit. Furthermore, since the quality item is now freely distributable, we totally eliminate the motivation for Warez. Brilliant? There will be people who will say "No way can that ever work" but will provide no reason why it wouldn't. I say to these people, let us try it and see if it doesn't. If it doesn't, lesson learned. If it does work, then maybe we have found a new way to conduct business here and eliminate Warez? -WTB

lmckenzie ( ) posted Sun, 04 November 2001 at 3:24 PM

I like the commission idea, but I'd let the artist retain the rights to sell it in exchange for paying less to have it created. Personally I don't know if I'd want to pay for the creation of this prop and then give it away. I'd hope the price would be more in the line of $20 or so. If it really were $50, that would be a lot to pay. At any rate it's certainly an idea that deserves consideration. Lot of logistics though. First we need specs. Some suggestions: A Poser 4 'Smart Prop' for female genitalia to include at minimum the following: 1. Model entire external anatomy (labia majora & minora, clitoris) and internal (vaginal) space with appropriate texturing. 2. Prop should 'snap' into place on the pelvis at the correct location and be as 'friendly' as possible to existing hip morphs. 3. Prop should have at a minimum, morphs for size, open-closed, clitoris exposed/size, labia maj. and labia min. morph independently. More morphs = better. 4. Settings/versions for standard P4 Female and Victoria 2 models (others a plus). 5. Appropriate trans maps etc. as needed for incorporation into above figures. 6. Texture templates & at least 2-3 pre-made textures. Ideas/Opinions?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.