Mon, Sep 9, 4:04 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Bad Knee Day, a posing question..

igohigh ( ) posted Sat, 24 November 2001 at 10:01 PM ยท edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 8:56 AM

file_237606.jpg

I'm having a problem trying to get Eve4 to raise one knee to achive a more natural 'side bend' at the hip. When I stand in the position I am trying to achive I am standing 'straight' on the leg to the side of the bend and the opposite knee bends forward while the foot raises onto the ball of the foot. No matter how I try to achive the bend at the knee all I get is a "twist'....Ouch! that gotta hurt! Is the position I am going for possible? (anyone know Schlabber's "Bat Signal"??!!??)

visualkinetics ( ) posted Sat, 24 November 2001 at 11:59 PM

Sounds like you need to turn off the inverse kinematics on the legs before you try bending it. Sometimes you'll encounter some really funny bending if you leave inverse kinematics on, especially when you have stuff like dresses conformed to the body. Go to the "figure" menu up at the top, go down to the "use inverse kinematics" option and uncheck the right leg and left leg, then try bending again. However, make sure you have the girl figure selected and not the dress selected when unchecking the inverse kinematics. That should solve your problem. Good luck. visualkinetics

igohigh ( ) posted Sun, 25 November 2001 at 11:42 AM

Thanks, I keep forgetting about the IK and do need to explore more about it (twas getting late last night)

igohigh ( ) posted Sun, 25 November 2001 at 3:50 PM

file_237609.jpg

IKs where the trouble! Thanks Visualkinetics! (no, I don't intend making the poor girl stand like this, just a sample incase any other posing dumbies like my self were having the same trouble ;-) Now to Bring In The Lion....I mean Griffin!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.