Mon, Oct 21, 5:02 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 4:13 pm)

Subject: Dumb city-boy question about Horses...

igohigh ( ) posted Wed, 12 December 2001 at 11:22 AM ยท edited Mon, 05 August 2024 at 3:04 AM

file_243527.jpg

OK, I got this wonderful sleigh from Sam's3D and a beautiful horse & harness from Bloodsong. But how does one fasten a horse to the wagon?? What's to keep the beast from running right out from between those two poles and leaving you push it home?? I've consulted with Posette Elf, Rena's Elvira Elf, and Santa's little dwarfs and all they have to say is "We're not getting in that thing till we're sure we don't have to push it home!!"

fauve ( ) posted Wed, 12 December 2001 at 11:27 AM

file_243529.jpg

There is usually a connection between the poles and the harness. The harness holds the horse between the poles (see image above.) That's a great picture of yours, by the way. I really like the horse's pose. Very dynamic. -nemo

fauve ( ) posted Wed, 12 December 2001 at 11:37 AM

file_243530.jpg

I just found a diagram that makes it a bit clearer. I had to rack my memory to come up with the name of the piece that actually connects the harness and the drawpoles (the holdback strap.) It's been many a long year since I hitched a horse to a cart... :->

-nemo

igohigh ( ) posted Wed, 12 December 2001 at 11:38 AM

Ah! That is how those 'rings' go, silly me trying to run the pole through it (told ya i was a 'city-boy';-D Thanks! The Pose is from Bloodsong's "Trot" package (frame 6 I think) Been dying to put this beast to work but not yet back into the Midievil mood yet... Now maybe I can get those charaters to climb in and get ready for a ride! (Actors; can't live with them, can't make a scene without `em!)

Cheryle ( ) posted Wed, 12 December 2001 at 2:24 PM

hey igohigh- are you going to post the final image here as well as in your gallery? the gallery moves so fast, and i would really like to see your follow up image... (mind like a sieve here- can't remember what i told myself to go back and look at ;P)

igohigh ( ) posted Wed, 12 December 2001 at 4:24 PM

Sure Cheryle, probabley be a day or two, I'm not too good and go kinda slow, got the bridle all set with matching texture now, another dwarf to drive (the other two seem a bit pre-occupied ;-) Now gotta work out the background, reins, and lights (grrrr....lights....)

igohigh ( ) posted Thu, 20 December 2001 at 12:09 AM

file_243531.jpg

Cheryle, as promised, I'm back (from Mordor actually, just saw Lord of The Ring!) to let you know I'm posting the final rendering - took three actually as it kept choking my poor little puter*lol* I just saw there is actually a "Holiday Gallery" guess that's where I'll upload it to. Hope ya like it, think I learned a little on this one - sure wish I had better PhotoShop skills thou... I also have it posted in two diffent sizes with sound and animated falling snow at my web site if your browser accepts javascript: http://www.smyle.net/~igohigh/walls.html Happy Holiday All!!

Cheryle ( ) posted Thu, 20 December 2001 at 12:27 AM

oOOOOooo ;) on my wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy.... ;D Happy holidays to you toooo! ;) and i am going to take the kids to see LotR next week, when they are out of school- my youngest (the ten year old) has already read the hobbit and is on the fourth from last chapter in the book LotR- the big one- will all 3 "books" combined..

Cheryle ( ) posted Thu, 20 December 2001 at 12:32 AM

LOL great story line there and i like your site! lol i need to go back there again lol

igohigh ( ) posted Thu, 20 December 2001 at 12:53 AM

You will ALL LOVE the movie, they really did stay fast and true to the book All The Way! I have read the books a few time over since the 70's and can't wait a year for the next movie.....It was like my dreams come true!! (guess I'll just have to go see The Fellowship a few more times to hold me over!! It's Not Fair, I Want It All Now!!.....ooops, i told Santa i'd be good...)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.