Sat, Aug 3, 8:50 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 03 7:14 am)

Subject: Python script to clean up lights in a scene

agiel ( ) posted Wed, 12 December 2001 at 11:09 PM ยท edited Fri, 19 July 2024 at 2:11 AM

After trying out many lights, especially glocal illumination lights, it is usual for poser to end up with a zillion of residual lights. I got fed up with removing them by hand, so here is a script to delete all lights and replace them with a default global light. The script is in the Free stuff -> Poser -> Utilities section. Next I will be working on a way to remove automatically all lights lower than a particular intensity (I have to get up to speed on Tkinter for that...)

fauve ( ) posted Wed, 12 December 2001 at 11:30 PM

Bless you!!!!!! This has been so badly needed for so long... -nemo (bounds off to download)

PilotHigh ( ) posted Thu, 13 December 2001 at 9:00 AM

Does this work on plain Poser or do you need Pro Pak?

Director ( ) posted Thu, 13 December 2001 at 9:30 AM

That sounds fantastic Agiel, thank you. I've spent way too much time deleting lights.

PilotHigh ( ) posted Thu, 13 December 2001 at 9:59 AM

I followed the instructions but it doesn't work under Poser 4; at least it didn't show up in the 'window' menu.

gyusaku ( ) posted Thu, 13 December 2001 at 10:07 AM

Using Python scripts is a Pro Pack thing.

agiel ( ) posted Thu, 13 December 2001 at 12:52 PM

You need Poser Pro pack to use python scripts. I only tested this script on Poser Pro pack, with service release 3, on windows. I don't have access to a MAC, so I can't tell if it will work there. I will update the readme file later today. Thanks for the feedback !

PilotHigh ( ) posted Thu, 13 December 2001 at 5:32 PM

Thanks agiel. I wouldn't have downloaded it except that it was in the Poser section not pro pack. Thanks anyway. ;-)

movida ( ) posted Thu, 13 December 2001 at 6:22 PM

Thank you much!

jamball77 ( ) posted Thu, 13 December 2001 at 9:46 PM

very very cool thanks :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.