Sat, Aug 3, 9:05 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 03 7:13 am)

Subject: Back home

agiel ( ) posted Wed, 26 December 2001 at 9:38 AM · edited Sat, 03 August 2024 at 3:37 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=119184&Start=1&Artist=agiel&ByArtist=Yes

file_248961.jpg

After two months of break (one of which was spent turning my christmas present into a usable machine :) ), I can finally return to this forum. This image seems appropriate for this occasion. I was working on a different idea but this one turned out so nice that I decided to keep it. One observation - working with additional lights and exposure settings in the atmosphere made a world of difference for this scene. I hope you will like it.

Jilly ( ) posted Wed, 26 December 2001 at 10:19 AM

I love it. It looks warm and summery, just what I need right now.

tradivoro ( ) posted Wed, 26 December 2001 at 10:36 AM

Hey, that's a great image... Great lighting, great realism... :)

SAMS3D ( ) posted Wed, 26 December 2001 at 11:17 AM

It looks great, welcome back Sharen

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 26 December 2001 at 11:31 AM

The lighting is great! Welcome back...I've missed your images! :o) Laurie

Varian ( ) posted Wed, 26 December 2001 at 11:59 AM

Glad you're back, and cool pic! It is lovely, Laurent, and the lighting is wonderful. My only quibble would be that the texture of the door and jam seems a bit too regular/repeating. Perhaps a larger image map would be better there. But I'll add that if you were anyone else, I wouldn't quibble about that minor detail because it still looks good. I only mention it because I know you devote so much attention to the textures (along with composition, lighting, etx.) And too, if I look at it another way, I don't see any problem with it at all. So...lol, ignore this! ;D Happy Holidays!

Bop ( ) posted Wed, 26 December 2001 at 3:40 PM

Wonderfull picture, Agiel !!! you make me shy to post the one that I'm working on... Pleased to see you again

MikeJ ( ) posted Wed, 26 December 2001 at 3:55 PM

Hey Agiel, welcome back! Very good texturing and lighting on this...as always. :)

Sacred Rose ( ) posted Wed, 26 December 2001 at 5:07 PM

Welcome home Laurent! Beautiful scene :)

audity ( ) posted Wed, 26 December 2001 at 6:14 PM

Hi Laurent ! This wonderful image is a nice way to meet you... Hope we will share ideas very soon :) Eric

agiel ( ) posted Wed, 26 December 2001 at 7:16 PM

Thanks all :) Varian... I don't have many wood textures that look old and look good from a close view. I used the 'bark' texture but it required some tweaking. This one is a procedural texture. And don't worry about the comments. That is exactly what I am looking for :)

tesign ( ) posted Wed, 26 December 2001 at 9:03 PM

Greta lighting work and great camera view positioning!

Varian ( ) posted Wed, 26 December 2001 at 11:05 PM

Wow, it's procedural?? In that case, I bow to the master! Excellent! :D

Alekssander ( ) posted Thu, 27 December 2001 at 4:16 AM

Do you want me to tell the truth? The hands movement looks realy fake.. honestly... Try to pose like that, and you can see what I mean.... And it would have beeen a stream of light through the opening.... And I leave it with that...

agiel ( ) posted Thu, 27 December 2001 at 7:59 AM

Thanks for the comment Alekssander. I agree the hands can be re-done, as the flat leaves above the door. But I don't see what you mean by a 'stream of light through the opening'. Are you saying the sunlight should shine more inside of the house ? Actually, I am not satisfied with that opening. By experience, I know it should look much darker, almost pitch black, because of the contrast between the shadows inside and the brightness of the sunlight. I'll work on that too...

Alekssander ( ) posted Fri, 28 December 2001 at 5:22 AM

I got a little bit of problem, tryinbg to understand what you are making. The hole scene looks a bit strange. Even when sunshine conly comes from one dirrection, let's say south, you would still get lights through windows in the north. If the room inside, don't have avy lights or windows. You would get a stream of light from the opening, hitting the furnitures on the inside.At the moment, it looks like there is moonlight inside, but sunshine outside. As you suggest, it should have been darker inside, but with a stream of light from the opening, breaking up the darkness. Since there are a lot of realy good details on the girl and her clothing, the wall outside and the flowers. The door and the furnitures innside looks "cheap". Some more details, such as a better handle, maybe a lock and some cracks. Would make it more real. The cabinet, that seems to be ?, and then blue because of the shadow, have a strange texture on the inside of it. It is aslo strangly low compared with the girl. Maybe som other taller solution would have been better, or maybe somekind of clothhanger. If you can get a texture of old furniture painting, it would look even better.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.