Sat, Sep 21, 11:50 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Animation

Welcome to the Animation Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Animation F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 6:34 am)

In here we will dicuss everything that moves.

Characters, motion graphics, props, particles... everything that moves!
Enjoy , create and share :)
Remember to check the FAQ for useful information and resources.

Animation learning and resources:

[Animations]

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Life Forms program

misty ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2000 at 12:24 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 11:46 PM

does anyone have info on Life Forms Creativity in Motion programs. Use it make BVH files does it work or is it an over price program. It should be a good one at $495.00. I was thinking about getting it but--- info is very lim. thanks misty@digital.net

Serpent ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2000 at 3:30 PM

LifeForms
Hello, Go to their web site and sign up for the free demo cd. It will be mailed to you and you can try it for free. Version 3 had some problems with Poser exported BVH, but it seems to be fixed now in version 3.5. I think the program could be very useful to those that need to do heavy animation. I have the demo and have edited Poser exported BVH files in it. They also seem to be upgrading the BVH support by having new plug-in versions of the BVH for DL on the web site. They also stated that Zygote would be making LifeForm ready models. Hope this info is helpfull. Serpent

Thoth ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2000 at 8:26 AM

I'm an avid trueSpace user, and I saw Life Forms at the tS booth at Siggraph. I just sent off for the demo CD last week. Hopefully, I'll have something to report in a week or so. Glad to see there are LF users already here on the forum; I'm sure I'll have lotsa questions. :o) Thoth

pack ( ) posted Mon, 10 January 2000 at 11:22 PM

I have Lifeforms Studio 3.5. Very happy with the Poser compatability so far. I bought because I was going insane due to Posers wacky spline interpolations going off between keys. Wasted 80% of my time fixing splines & converting to linear interpolation, which Lifeforms defaults to. If you spend (or plan to ) much time animating Poser characters, I think Lifeforms is a must ,if you intend on accomplishing very much. The non BVH files are many and fairly useful, but are not really polished. I also bought Zygotes Motion CD during a sale. Lifeforms will import motions for just a part (arm for example) of any BVH file, & can merge motions together in any way you like. It has an incredible Browser to thumb thru the multitude of included files & also Poser bvh files, with outline figures. Sort of like Explorer style browsing. Can zoom in & rotate/translate during the browser playing the BVH or motion file. I would say Lifeforms opens up animations possibilities considerably for a 1 man operation. Pack

Dmurphy ( ) posted Tue, 11 January 2000 at 10:03 PM

I have Lifeforms 3.5 i use it alot. Don Murphy

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.