Sat, Sep 21, 5:49 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:32 pm)

Subject: Using downloaded zip files

DarkestAngel ( ) posted Thu, 14 February 2002 at 11:52 AM · edited Mon, 16 September 2024 at 9:30 AM

Hi, as a new user to Poser 4 could someone offer guidance on how to use downloaded props, object files. I have unzipped them, copied them into a folder within Poser but nothing shows. What am I doing wrong? I would assume that this question has already been asked before but rather than trawl through the forum could someone offer me some advice now as a big favour (e-mailed replies would be gratefully appreciated)? Many, many thanks in advance. DA in the UK

Penguinisto ( ) posted Thu, 14 February 2002 at 11:55 AM

Usually, props come with a README file; in it, it'll tell you where the individual files go, and how to install them. If it's just an .obj file, then you can import it through Poser with File|Import|Wavefront OBJ. HTH, /P

VirtualSite ( ) posted Thu, 14 February 2002 at 11:57 AM

You can't just copy them into the folder. They must go in specific folders, which the unzipped document should be showing you. For example, a folder marked "textures" should be opened and checked for sub-folders. If one appears, then that is moved to the textures folder in your runtime. Same thing with geometries and libraries. Once they're properly installed, you shouldn't have anyt problem accessing them.

DarkestAngel ( ) posted Thu, 14 February 2002 at 11:59 AM

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately the filese downloaded so far do have a text file but don't offer comprehensive instructions (understandably). I'll check out some more recently downloaded files and hopefully I'll get a grip on the subject. Thanks again for the advice. DA

MadYuri ( ) posted Thu, 14 February 2002 at 11:59 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/~pzr/extensions.html

The files have to go into special folders. At the link is a description. PS: The Poser Forum FAQ (top of this page) has some more answers to Poser questions

kayjay97 ( ) posted Thu, 14 February 2002 at 12:44 PM

Also if a prop is a 3DS it won't show either. You will have to go to import file and import it.

In a world filled with causes for worry and anxiety...
we need the peace of God standing guard over our hearts and minds.

Jerry McCant

RealDeal ( ) posted Thu, 14 February 2002 at 2:59 PM

Get poserloader, from freestuff. It is really awsome.... Just unzip all your stuff into one folder, and run poserloader, follow the prompts. For some reason, it just suddenly stopped working for me, which bothers the heck out of me...but it worked about 500 times before that, flawlessly.

markdc ( ) posted Thu, 14 February 2002 at 6:27 PM

Attached Link: http://poserutils.tripod.com/index.html

Also try PInstall. PInstall is a standalone application which allows you to install poser library objects (characters, poses, textures, etc) without needing to figure out which files go in which Poser subdirectory--PInstall does it for you. You don't even have to unzip library files stored in zip archives. Also, you can use PInstall to unzip and install a variable number of archives automatically!

DarkestAngel ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 12:56 PM

Thanks people! What a splendid welcome to a Poser novice!

doozy ( ) posted Sat, 16 February 2002 at 12:39 PM

For Mac, use Macinstaller to put the files where they should be.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.