Fri, Sep 20, 4:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: I/O BAD MEDIA?

dkirk ( ) posted Sun, 17 February 2002 at 1:23 PM · edited Sat, 03 August 2024 at 7:23 PM

I just tried to import a figure from Poser PP into Bryce 4 as an .obj and got, "A file error has occurred (i/o, bad media)." Any help?

Alleycat169 ( ) posted Sun, 17 February 2002 at 2:58 PM

I've had this happen once or twice too. It happened to me when I was trying to import a couple of heavily propped figures into Bryce5 from Poser4. The best I could guess was that some of the props were not OBJ files originally, but rather 3ds or some other format. So when Bryce was trying to import them as OBJ's it went "Huh?", hence the I/O Bad Media warning. You might want to post this in the Poser forum as well, in case anyone there knows what it is.

jelisa ( ) posted Mon, 18 February 2002 at 12:06 AM

If you load the obj into UVMapper, then save it under a new name using the default UVMapper settings, then the model should import into Bryce with no errors. It will not bring the textures with it, so you'll have to apply them manually, but at least you got it into Bryce. Very rarely, this won't work either and you may need to run the UVMapper saved obj through Grouper. Hope this helps.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.