Sat, Sep 21, 5:56 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:32 pm)

Subject: Clothing

DarkestAngel ( ) posted Wed, 03 April 2002 at 4:05 AM ยท edited Mon, 16 September 2024 at 6:51 PM

I am desperate to resolve a problem that is giving me a major headache. I can't seem to be able to load any clothing I have downloaded from the freebie section. I unzip the files, I even use some of the applications to assist me, but still nothing! Even when the clothing appears within the programme I still can't open it. I have posted this message before but could someone just give me a complete idiots guide on what to do before I go nuts! An e-mail would be gratefully accepted... darkest_angel@btinternet.com

TygerCub ( ) posted Wed, 03 April 2002 at 4:32 AM

First thing, make sure the zip files are pointed to the "Runtime" directory. This can be either inside the Poser folder, or in a "Runtime" created directly off the "C:/" drive. I prefer to unzip my files to a "Runtime" that was created on the "C:/" drive. When you unzip files, look into the Runtime file and see what's new. Do you have multiple "texture", "character", "props", etc. folders? Then take the new file and transfer it to the original folder. Many items come with ReadMe.txt files. Read those! Many times the creator will give good instructions on how to load his/her product. Others, admittedly, are pretty sparce, but they are always worth a peek. This was a quick, brief guide to opening your free stuff, but I hope it helped.

ablc ( ) posted Wed, 03 April 2002 at 4:41 AM

could u give us a clothfile name ? that will help to explain you Laurent

aleks ( ) posted Wed, 03 April 2002 at 7:14 AM

are you working @ btinternet.com? sorry to be suspicious, but there were also some efforts in the past to get hold on members' e-mails...

ablc ( ) posted Wed, 03 April 2002 at 8:14 AM

who ? me ? no

raven ( ) posted Wed, 03 April 2002 at 10:52 AM

That's like saying 'are you at aol.com?' BT is the biggest provider of 'phone lines in the UK, that's the address you get if you use them as your isp.

Turtle ( ) posted Wed, 03 April 2002 at 11:06 AM

I always un-zip and place the folders myself in Poser.

Love is Grandchildren.

steveshanks ( ) posted Wed, 03 April 2002 at 12:43 PM

Download this file http://www.s.w.s.btinternet.co.uk/carmirror.zip its only 36k and not clothes but it doesn't matter it will help show you how to install them, working on the worse case scenario. ie. it has no readme file like this one......once you have the zip open you'll see a cr2 file and an obj file...start word pad and with it open the cr2 file and you'll see this at the top { version 4.01 { number 4.2 } figureResFile :Runtime:Geometries:pwfw:carmirror.obj the line figureResFile :Runtime:Geometries:pwfw:carmirror.obj tells you where to put the obj file in this case in a folder called pwfw in the geometries folder within the runtime folder within poser4 folder.....so after you placed that go to the Runtime:libraries:characters folder and place the cr2 file in ANY folder there ALL cr2 files must go in a folder within the character folder.....the png file goes there too, but thats pro pack only you would normally get an rsr file, the png and rsr file are both just thubnails and are not needed, open poser go into the figures library and then into the subsection with the same name as the folder you put the cr2 in and you'll see a shrugging man image called car mirror (if you have pro pack you'll see the png file) the shrugging man is posers alternative if you don't have the rsr thumbnail, click on the file then click on the check or double check marks and the mirror will be added to your scene...hope this helps, Steve

aleks ( ) posted Thu, 04 April 2002 at 1:20 AM

yes, it's been cleared. i got suspicious when i typed btinerternet.com and it redirected itself. i guess i'm being too jumpy...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.