Mon, Oct 21, 11:13 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 11:11 pm)

Subject: Problem with MAT Pose for V2

Chris ( ) posted Thu, 02 May 2002 at 12:47 PM · edited Wed, 04 September 2024 at 3:17 AM

Hello all, I have created a MAT Pose for V2. It contains all textures for the body and the head. The Problem: all textures are loading except the EyeBrows Is that a bug or have I made something wrong? I'm using Poser 4.03 Thanks for your help Chris

"It Is Useless To Resist!" - Darth Vader

Eowyn ( ) posted Thu, 02 May 2002 at 1:26 PM

copy and paste the eyebrow part of your mat pose here so we can see it :)

c1rcle ( ) posted Thu, 02 May 2002 at 2:33 PM

it sounds like the upper eyebrows to me, not an expert tho, try setting the brows gone dial to 1 that "might" fix the problem

Xena ( ) posted Thu, 02 May 2002 at 6:26 PM

file_6710.jpg

Look Ma, no holes! Brow Gone dial set to 1.

movida ( ) posted Thu, 02 May 2002 at 6:27 PM

I've never gotten a hole in a characters head using the brows gone set to 1, ever.

Xena ( ) posted Thu, 02 May 2002 at 10:54 PM

Because "proper" texture settings doesn't necessarily mean that people have used the upper eyebrow portion of the map. There is no "one right way" to create a texture map. Some people use transmaps on the upper eyebrows and some do not. Just because your opinion is that one of these is correct does not make it so.

c1rcle ( ) posted Fri, 03 May 2002 at 1:27 AM

I did say it might fix the problem, and I'm no expert, but most of the millenium figure textures I have don't use the upper eyebrows at all, so I have to use the browgone morph, some use it and they do look more realistic because of it too, so it's six of one and half a dozen of the other, everyone's right and all the techniques work which is a blessing

Chris ( ) posted Fri, 03 May 2002 at 2:41 AM

file_6713.jpg

First, thank you all for your replys. The next problem I have found is that the TransMap of the Lashes dont load too. Ron: I'm sorry, but I cant find the settings at your site :/ Eowyn: here is the code material EyeBrows { KdColor 1 1 1 1 KaColor 0 0 0 1 KsColor 0.098024 0.098024 0.098024 1 TextureColor 1 1 1 1 NsExponent 30 tMin 0 tMax 0 tExpo 0.6 bumpStrength 0.505556 ksIgnoreTexture 0 reflectThruLights 1 reflectThruKd 0 textureMap ":Runtime:Textures:Grafx Creations:Claudia_2:claudia_vers_2_head_makeup.jpg" 0 0 bumpMap NO_MAP reflectionMap NO_MAP transparencyMap NO_MAP ReflectionColor 1 1 1 1 reflectionStrength 1 } I have done the same for all other body parts and it works fine ... except the eyebrows. I dont use the upper brows in that map ... the dial "Brows Gone" is at 1 These is my first MAT Pose file and I'm getting gray hair of that ;) Hope you can help me Chris

Chris ( ) posted Fri, 03 May 2002 at 6:44 AM

I have found it Ron, thank you ... but I think that is not what I'm looking for. I'm creating a MAT Pose file for Victoria. All settings for the Texture are in that file, you dont have to use the material editor any more then. Its for my texture I want to post and I want that it is possible to doubbleclick the Mat Pose and the texture is on Vicky :) All works fine except the EyeBrows. When I use my MAT Pose File all textures will be applied to the figure but not the EyeBrow texture. The base settings are all ok like object color, highlite color and so on ... but "Texture Map" is at "none" I dont know how to fix that ... I have tried that little prog in Freestuff too, MAT Pose Edit or so, but it dont work either. All textures were applied to the figure except the EyeBrow Texture :/ Now I'm sitting here and I have 10 more gray hair :) Chris PS: please excuse my poor english, but I'm mostly speaking in another language ;)

Chris ( ) posted Fri, 03 May 2002 at 6:49 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/~syyd/pntuts/mat.htm

Here is the Tutorial I ahve used to make my MAT Pose file: http://www.renderosity.com/~syyd/pntuts/mat.htm

Chris ( ) posted Fri, 03 May 2002 at 7:07 AM

Hello again :-) it works now ... I have made the MAT pose again from beginning and yeepee it works now. Please dont ask me how I have solved the problem ... I dont know it ;) Thank you all for you replys and help Chris

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.