Fri, Sep 20, 4:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Strange things

ashley3d ( ) posted Thu, 09 May 2002 at 9:25 PM · edited Mon, 05 August 2024 at 7:39 AM

file_7699.jpg

Hello All, I'm working on a project and ran into a couple snags. There are a couple questions I have about the image attached. Number 1, the stairs seem to have a shadow all over the base of it. I believe it is caused by the terrain map. Has anyone ever come across this problem? If so, how can it be prevented? Number 2, There is a strange square appears around the tree. Is this a memory problem or a problem with TreeDruid? Thanks in advance Ash

Kixum ( ) posted Thu, 09 May 2002 at 11:23 PM

Strange indeed. If you're using a terrain, I highly suggest you be using the ray tracer rendering engine. That seems to secure some weird problems that terrains create. I would like to see some closeups of that shadow thing. That's weird. As far as the tree druid thing goes, I've never used it and have no clue. Nice grass! -Kix

-Kix

pixelicious ( ) posted Fri, 10 May 2002 at 10:12 PM

litst was saying a while back that the hybrid renderer miscalculates the location of objects slightly when rendering (my interpretation of his post) and that this problem is most visible with terrains. using the ray tracer can solve this problem. you could also convert the terrain to a vertex object if you want to still use the hybrid. i don't know what to say about the box around the tree. -pix

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.