Tue, Oct 22, 8:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 7:36 am)

Subject: The GRC is now AniMotions and open!!

Jack D. Kammerer ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 9:46 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 8:25 AM

Attached Link: AniMotions: Create the Adventure!

file_10663.gif

Well, it's been awhile since I've really talked to any of you or been much of a part of the "Poser" Community. However, a few months ago, Diane asked me to come back and try to help her. At first I didn't really want anyone to know that I was back and helping out. I was afraid that my involvement would only hurt everything in the long run. However, one thing have begun to become increasingly clear to me and that is... That though there is a calling for more than just ONE Poser Community web site (such as: Renderosity, 3D Commune, PoserPros, PFO, RunDNA) Diane, myself and a few others have no desire to continue in that path and run yet one more rendition of a Poser Community web site. Understand, we have nothing against Poser or the Poser Community and even though we are redirecting our company efforts to other "less traveled" areas, our new adventure will still include a place for the users of Poser and for the Poser Community if they wish to be a part of it. We'd rather expand ourselves, our focus and business out to other interests than a be just another "knock off" web site. So what does this mean? As you may've noticed our web site the GRC has been gone... an end of an era, long gone, HISTORY!! It has been renamed to Animotions and has been redesigned to be more genre specific. The goal of AniMotions is to offer a full and comprehensive Web Site dedicated to supporting fans and company producers of Video Games, Comic Books and Anime from all over the world. Our motto: "You've read it, you've seen it, you've played it... We will help you create it!!" As I write this, we - along with Doug Sturk and the rest of his gang at the 3D Comic Collective - have just finished building and redesigning the program that will make up the AniMotions Web Site. This three tiered Web Site has the following features for the members of our Web Site... Forums - A separate hierarchy system and sub forum(s) created for each genre (Video Games, Anime, Comics). Members will be able to fully discuss each subject that interests them with other members that are interested in that subject. Galleries - The galleries will be divided into each category (Games, Anime, Comics) and enable the members of the AniMotions Web Site to post and show off their own fan art or work to each other. FreeStuff - A section where 3D Artists will be able to share with the other members of the AniMotions Web Site such things as: 3D Characters and Meshes, Textures, Light Sets and other 3D related material (Note: The trading of Warez or copyrighted products will not be tolerated). Job Boards - An area in each section (Games, Anime, Comics) where members will be able to post resumes and garner work from their talents and abilities. Tutorial Section - An area where members of the AniMotions web site can share with each other the techniques that they use. Online Store - A place where members of the AniMotions Web Site will be able to purchase products that cater to each category. (Example: Video games, Anime DVDs and VHS tapes, Comic Books and Comic Memorabilia). Members will also be able to buy 3D created products to help in their creation of Fan Art or Video Games. AniMotions wanted to open with a BANG and what better way to do so by opening with a CONTEST!! With the melting of the popular 3D Comic Collective into the brand new AniMotions, we bring to you Contests!! The very first AniMotions Comic Collective contest has a very loose theme but LOTS of prizes! The "The Beginning." or "The End." Contest theme should be a nice segue into the new playground that is being created with AniMotions. The Goal is to create an image which best depicts one of the captions "The Beginning." or "The End.". This is very open to interpretation and intentionally vague, so everyone should feel free to run with it and Be Creative. Our sponsors for this contest include, Evoia ( makers of Carrara 2 ), Right Hemisphere, Beyond Bent, Lourdes Mercado, Powerheroes.com, Wyrmmaster, Valandar and our very own Sturkwurk. So if you are interested, please feel free to stop in and poke around some!! Also any of you interested in helping out, please drop us a line at: animotions3d@aol.com I want to thank Renderosity for allowing me to post this and I want to thank all of you, the Poser Community, for the time we've spent together and the friendships we've formed and I wish all of you the very, very best!! Sincerely, Jack D. Kammerer

ronknights ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 10:16 PM

I found your introduction quite confusing. It sounded like you basically dumped the Poser community.. However, I did some digging and it appears you still feature at least some of the merchandise you previously featured. You might want to reread your introduction here and see why I thought you'd just dumped some of your "previous loyal fans."

Ajax ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 10:27 PM

Does the new site use the old GRC user database? I tried to register as a new user and found my nick was taken, then it occured to me that maybe it was from the old GRC.

View Ajax's Gallery - View Ajax's Freestuff - View Ajax's Store - Send Ajax a message

Jack D. Kammerer ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 10:39 PM

Ron: Although we do provide support for and of Poser Products, we have pretty much left the main Community of Poser users. Many of the users in the Poser Community wont be interested in the areas that we are taking ourselves in, which is understandable, and we just simply didn't want to continue running a site that catered to 3D Software, but to the some of the areas that that software is used in. Ajax: The GRC uses the previous database so your passwords and login should still work!! :o)

DTHUREGRIF ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 10:46 PM

What we're saying here is that we are focusing more on the end uses of Poser and other art programs (3D comics, anime and video games ) than on the programs themselves. We're not "dumping" the community, just focusing on a different area. Anyone and everyone is certainly welcome.

sturkwurk ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 10:59 PM

ooooo I have to get my third in here too... Animotions is the new home of the 3d Comic Collective... so everything you went to the 3dCC for, you will soon go to Animotions for. The 3dCC didnt talk about the software, just the files, images, comics...

I came, I rendered, I'm still broke.

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 10:59 PM

My password has never worked correctly, so I will once again be passing you guys up. If you get it straightened out let me know. Marque

Jack D. Kammerer ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 11:12 PM

Marque, if you want to send me the info that you want or let me know what the trouble is, I will try and fix it for you :o) Jack

ronknights ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 11:16 PM

My concerns still remain. Poser is my main program, and will likely remain so for a long time. I get uneasy when companies start to change their focus, and talk like they don't care about my interests or investment any more.

DTHUREGRIF ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2002 at 11:27 PM

Ron, There are plenty of sites that are focused pretty directly on Poser. This one, Renderotica, Commune, PoserForum, PoserPros, RDNA, etc. Perhaps Jack wasn't clear enough. We intend our main focus to be on the end uses of programs, rather than on the programs themselves. It doesn't mean we are throwing out Poser or any other software program. Just that we think there are plenty of places that focus heavily on discussions about the software. We'd like to focus more on discussions about what you do with that software. If that interests you, great. Please join us. If it doesn't, then there are lots of other places to be. (That's not a "don't let the door hit you in the ass" comment) Diane

ronknights ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 12:06 AM

Diane, I tend to look behind some phrases and see what I feel to be the "essence." I find this statement quite puzzling: "We intend our main focus to be on the end uses of programs, rather than on the programs themselves." To me, either one of those classifications would handle Poser. But for some reason, this phrase seems to say something different. I've visited the site, and notice Poser seems to be nearly non-existant outside of the "store." I find that pretty disappointing. Why sell Poser stuff if you won't deal with it otherwise? Look at the free stuff section.. No Poser there. Now that's funny, since the 3D Comic Collective is all about Poser versions of Super Heroes. Another thing, the email I get about forum messages at AniMotions comes from Renderotica.com. Would anyone care to explain this? Are you one and the same? Has Renderotica decided to distance itself from Poser too?

Jack D. Kammerer ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 12:12 AM

Ron, you aren't the only one that can "look behind some phrases" to see what may be the essence... Sorry we don't measure up to your expectations of what we should be. Thank you for taking the time to visit though and we wish you the best in your other adventures, since they wont be a part of AniMotions. Jack

mondoxjake ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 12:30 AM

Nice to see you are still around, Jack...will check the site out. I know of your personal interest in Kiss files, are you going to aim at getting some interest up in that area on the new site?

Jack D. Kammerer ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 12:40 AM

Hey Mondo, long time no see bud!! Yes, that is one of the goals :o) Now if only I could get Dov Sherman and other KiSS fans to come in and take part :o) Jack

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 12:41 AM

Thanks, got the password. 8^) Marque

DTHUREGRIF ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 12:43 AM

No problem. Glad we could help. If you need anything else, let me know. Diane

lmckenzie ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 1:04 AM

Anime and gaming represent two great, relatively untapped fields for Poser. Anything that promotes 3DCG will potentially help to broaden the Poser community which is a good thing. Best of luck on your new endeavor.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

Stormrage ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 1:17 AM

Ron.. What is so bad about anyone focusing on the end uses of the programs we are using? I for one sell my art. And am moving into animation as well. I want to learn more. Animotions will help with that. That's sooo wrong? Quit reading "behind the phrases" and think about what your end use of Poser could be. Mine is I sell some of my graphic art. Some of my models. and before you say.. yeah but you are mod there. Nope I'm not.

neurocyber ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 3:13 AM

Wow! This is wonderful news! Thanks for sharing this. I never expected this at all. Hehehe I happen to love Anime and 3DCC was one of my favorites also. This has got to be fun. :) :) :)

DTHUREGRIF ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 3:48 AM

<<I've visited the site, and notice Poser seems to be nearly non-existant outside of the "store.">> Really? Looks to me like most, if not all of the gallery posts contain Poser characters, and all the free stuff is Poser stuff. Sorry if not putting a Poser label on forums and galleries is confusing you. Everyone else seems to be understanding the concept pretty well, including Curious Labs. We aren't going to be sending the police to confiscate your copy of Poser any time soon. And yes, I own both Renderotica and AniMotions (Looks like maybe the ebot coding didn't get changed in the software. Something else we'll be fixing. We're only human.) But there's nothing sinister going on here. Anybody can pretty much figure out from the formats of the sites that they are owned by the same people.

pzrite ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 4:32 AM

Diane your site is great and right down my alley, 3DCC has been very good to me in the past. Don't worry about Ron, I've noticed in the past everytime he is "confused" it's just his way of letting everyone know he disapproves of something. Good luck in your new project!

ronknights ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 5:58 AM

file_10666.gif

DTHUREGRIF: What kind of comment is this? Maybe you should think twice before you post? Do you want to attract new visitors and customers, or do you want to alienate people?! "..Everyone else seems to be understanding the concept pretty well, including Curious Labs. We aren't going to be sending the police to confiscate your copy of Poser any time soon." **** Check out this screenshot. Where do you see the word Poser?! Nowhere. OK, already I sense a purposeful desire to alienate the Poser community. Also I see a mistaken desire to "peg" your pursuits into areas that many of us may not pursue. It appears your site is dedicated only to those who want to do Anime, Comics or Games. I for one have yet to figure the "ultimate outcome" for my art. But I do know one thing: I use Poser. I also want to learn more about what I'm doing. The journey is the learning, not the outcome. pzrite: You're so wrong on this. Did you ever stop to think that people can take more time to focus and explain themselves? I'm posting in this thread in an effort to help these people do just that. So much for your attempts at insight. **** While we're at it, I see almost no indication that this is also the 3D Comic Collective's new home. I dug around a little trying to find that evidence. Maybe you could consider fixing that problem too? **** PS: If you really want to support a good interchange of ideas, it's best to avoid the old "someone else doesn't have a problem with this" routine. In my experience, others feel or see the same way I do, but often they don't bother to comment. They just scratch you off their list and move on. So why not take this input in the constructive sense as it was intended, and see if we can get some positive outcome. Negativity never does much good for any new endeavor. Ron ![Message671422.jpg](http://www.renderosity.com/photos/Message671422.jpg)

MadYuri ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 6:24 AM

Hey Ron, if you click on the 'Comic Free stuff' link you will find some evidence that this is the 3DCC's new home.

In my experience, others feel or see the same way I do, but often they don't bother to comment. They just scratch you off their list and move on.

Is that bad? I for one want some more diversity and not YAPS (yet another Poser site). Not everything is for everyone.

ronknights ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 6:35 AM

It appears the desired stuff might be there, but hidden. Perhaps that is by design, or just a mistake due to a rush to get the site online? Maybe my questions or comments might serve as an inspiration for refinement?

sturkwurk ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 6:37 AM

Ron... Animotions is the new home of the 3dCC... if you had been in touch the 3dCC yahoo group you would have known that we were moving. You're worried about the downloads? Give it a few weeks, we'll be back in full force. We just worked out some bugs with the downloads yesterday. Keep in mind that the 3dCC took YEARS to develop... not minutes. Doug

ronknights ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 7:59 AM

Actually I've decided to give it a rest, and come back in a few days to check things out. I'm still working with issues of my own, including how to eventually "go commercial" so I can at least tell my friends and relatives I'm making money with my talents. Heck, even a buck or two once and awhile would classify as a "paid artist" in my book. Ron Message671414.jpg

sturkwurk ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 8:51 AM

Ron, Why don't you write a "Dummy's" guide to Poser?

AprilYSH ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 9:02 AM

I'm glad to see the direction AniMotions is targetting. It's looking for the bigger picture than focusing on the tools. That's one of the things that the "community" needs in order to break out of its rut... it seems like the juice in the system is only feeding from itself nowadays and we need a real outlet, a new source, and a new aspiration ... than finding a new way to outfit and makeup Vicki. Congrats on the developments Diane, Jack, Doug & co. :)

[ Store | Freebies | Profile ]

a sweet disorder in the dress kindles in clothes a wantoness,
do more bewitch me than when art is too precise in every part

ronknights ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 9:22 AM

Doug you got me thinking about that idea. I have the weekend off, so I could do some fun stuff. I'm even thinking of a web-based Poser Simulation tutorial. You could actually click on something and see the "live results." I did this for my previous job as an MSN Technical Support Technician. I had simulations of all the Windows operating systems on a CD that I took to work with me. I also have a program called Camtasia that would allow me to make tutorials including some and "moving video." I need to get ready for work now... wah! Ron Message671422.jpg

adele ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 9:24 AM

Guys, Congradulations on your new site.I think it's great that you are going to offer a site that offers a fresh approach to specific demographics. I must apologize for Mr. Knight. For some odd reason he believes he's the unelected Mayor of Poserville and speaks for the community. Reading his other threads you will see that this is not his first dip into delusion. I'm awaiting his tutorial on which is the computer and which is the mouse. All the best. Adele Adele

ronknights ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 9:55 AM

Adele, thank you for that very constructive contribution to this conversation. It's nice to know my positive contributions are so much appreciated. I've had my laugh now I can go to work with a smile. Message671422.jpg

lalverson ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 11:12 AM

I follow the free stuff folders to thier links and i found poser items. didn't have to look all that hard. so i guess I'm rather dimm, i follow the intent of the site. and likely I'll vistit again. Congrats and hope this one works out well for you.

saxon ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 11:23 AM

I thought I'd go have a look, I'm registered but can't get my password, the confirmation code mails out to me but when I follow the link back to the site to reset my password, I just end up back at the start. Animotions sounds as though there might be an animation link in there somewhere. Those of you who've been to www.1st-shock.com will know that I'm into animation , so I'm curious.....

Jack D. Kammerer ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 11:40 AM

Ron: Following in your footsteps, I decided to take just a small portion of the BIG PICTURE and decided to blow it out of proportion as you have done. Such as, you wrote: "I'm still working with issues of my own..." Now, if I was to "look behind some phrases and see what I feel to be the "essence." as you say, I can't help but wonder if your posts and comments are nothing but a sad attempt to try and harm our wonderful adventure and distract others from experiencing that adventure as well. I will try to say this in terms and as childish as possible so that you may be able to understand the TRUE concept of AniMotions.... ========================================================= Ron's Question: "Also I see a mistaken desire to "peg" your pursuits into areas that many of us may not pursue" Jack's Answer: Who says that a desire to break away from having yet another "Learn How to Use Poser Here" web site is a "Mistaken" Desire? Everything I ever need to know about Poser and the internals of it can be found here at RENDEROSITY or if not, over at POSERPROS.COM... why should I bother to waste my time and try and run a web site that does exactly what this place or Poser Pros does...? We desired to take the road less Traveled and rather than, and let me repeat what Diane stated here, rather than focusing on the PROGRAMS, we wanted to focus on some of the areas that those PROGRAMS are used for. You have Renderosity, Poser Pros, 3D Commune and RuntimeDNA to help you learn about the programs and NOW you have a website that allows you to share what you have learned about those programs in the fields of Comics, Video Games and Anime. ========================================================= Ron Asked: "I've visited the site, and notice Poser seems to be nearly non-existant outside of the "store." I find that pretty disappointing. Why sell Poser stuff if you won't deal with it otherwise? Look at the free stuff section.. No Poser there. Now that's funny, since the 3D Comic Collective is all about Poser versions of Super Heroes." Jack's Answer: I think the most logical conclusion one is able to draw with very little thought would be this... AniMotions is NOT about POSER (which I believe has been echoed many of times now)! AniMotions is about COMICS, ANIME and VIDEO GAMES and the sharing of 3D or 2D work in those fields NO MATTER what PROGRAM you use. Be it 3D Studio Max, Carrara 2 or Poser. Because of that, the whole website is broken up into 3 sections... ANIME, COMICS and VIDEO GAMES. Again, AniMotions.com is NOT a POSER site, it is a site that allows people who get into VIDEO GAMES, ANIME and COMIC BOOKS to get together and share their work and products with each other, if those products are made using POSER, cool... then share them!! Yes, our Online Store carries allot of POSER products, but it will also be carrying allot of other products in the near future. Even though we are NOT a POSER site, we reconize that the USE of POSER can be applied to the AREAS that we cater to (ANIME, COMICS, VIDEO GAMES) and we make available and distribute that product to our members. YES, we love POSER ourselves!! I am STEVE COOPER'S love child (heh heh heh sorry Steve and Karen!! ^^)!! Our goal is to EXPAND the USE OF POSER by introducing it to a COMMUNITY of individuals who may NEVER HAVE CONSIDERED using POSER to accomplish their goals or create their fan art regarding ANIME, COMICS and VIDEO GAMES. The result being, instead of further diluting the Community of Poser by creating, yet ONE MORE POSER web site, we are attempting to INCREASE the POSER Community by attracting potential NEW USERS of POSER who when they need help in LEARNING POSER can be DIRECTED TO VISIT RENDEROSITY, POSERPROS, PFO, 3D COMMUNE or RUNTIME DNA... In short, Ron... think about this, you will have the ability to create some tutorials on how POSER can be used in the fields of ANIME, COMICS and VIDEO GAMES. Your skill and knowledge in Poser can be shared with people who may never have heard about POSER or realized it's potential use in those fields. Rather than just sharing those tutorials with people who already know about POSER. Think about it for a minute, Ron, you have the ability to help influence a new group of people to increase Curious Lab's business... I hope you can NOW see, what many already have, the potential of breaking away from the major portion of the Poser Community (which already has excellent learning resources in the field of Poser) and focusing on specific areas where Poser could be utilized and increase the Community of Poser Users. Yes, in a way we are leaving the main POSER Community (because not everyone gets into ANIME, COMICS or VIDEO GAMES) to create a whole NEW Community of potential Poser users, which then can also be directed here or other similiar places. Instead of complaining and whining, think about the way that you could help those potential new users with the skill and knowledge that you have, that those people don't have. Jack

Jack D. Kammerer ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 11:46 AM

Saxon and anyone else having password problems, If you could, send me your e-mail address and what SCREEN NAME you want and I will set you up with a temporary password which you can change once you come on. My e-mail address is animotions3d@aol.com Jack

Jack D. Kammerer ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 11:48 AM

Everyone else, thank you for you kind comments and wishes. I hope to see everyone at least take a chance and visit AniMotions and maybe help out. We have allot of Moderator positions that need to be filled, so if you are interested, please let us know. Thanks!! Jack

lmckenzie ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 12:21 PM

Jack, a man with your patience should be dealing with Arafat and Sharon, not running a website.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

sturkwurk ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 12:26 PM

Jack, You're the love child? I thought Avatar Labs was the love child?

lgrant ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 12:27 PM

Jack... I think it is wonderful that you have decided not to just be another Poser site. I cringe every time I get notification that another new Poser site has started up. I have 15 icons on my DragStrip task bar for various splinter Poser sites, and no time to visit them all. Meanwhile, if you look in the "Gaming Graphics" forum here, there is almost no traffic. This is not a failure of R'osity--gaming isn't their core competency, and the gaming folks don't hang out here. Of course, there are some really good gaming sites, like Gamasutra and FlipCode, but those are targeted toward those writing game engines and renderers, rather than those producing game graphics. A site that emphasizes gaming graphics is sorely needed. (And being that site is a much more well-defined goal than just "not being another Poser site." :-) ) I wish you the best of luck, and I will see you there. Lynn Grant Castle Development Group

TMGraphics ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 12:36 PM

Clap Clap Clap Clap Well Said Jack! Thank You! I will be visitong your site! To me, your site is saying, "I have the desire and the tools, lets see what the tools and I can accomplish!" TMGraphics

Jack D. Kammerer ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 12:43 PM

lmckenzie: I try to have patience... however, sometimes, I reflect anything but! :o) Sturkwurk: Yeah, didn't you know that AL is my twin? I thought it would've been noticable. You know, lots of great potential and abilities but rarely used!! :o) Lynn: Thank you for your post!! We hope we can capture allot of the same kind of users, both in the creation and use area of Gaming. If you ever want to help out, let me know, we could always use help and great ideas!! TM: That is EXACTLY what we are trying to say, and I applude your ablity to sum it all up in two lines, rather than me, in two pages!! ;o) Looking forward to seeing you over there!! Jack

TMGraphics ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 12:58 PM

Please feel free to use the quote for you needs :> I am interested in gamming graphics. Like character design. Or re-design of say, Quake or RTCWolfenstein characters. How to pull 'em out, redesign them (Or create new ones), re-texture them and then put them back in. So I will be interested to see what more I can lear over there. :> ~ThoughtMasterGraphics

Jack D. Kammerer ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 1:04 PM

COOL!!(^^) Jack

c1rcle ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 2:00 PM

I joined up, got my email and I'm ready for the competition, dunno what I'm gonna do yet, I'll have to have a brainstorming session with my kids see what we can come up with. Rob

Jack D. Kammerer ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 2:13 PM

Sounds great Rob, look forward to seeing what you come up with!! Good luck!! Jack

Strangechilde ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 2:30 PM

Well, knock me over with a feather. I just went over to register an account, and somebody has already taken my username. That has never happened before. Never!

Jack D. Kammerer ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 2:34 PM

Um Strangechilde, if you signed up before at the GRC, then your username and password is the same as before :o) Jack

Letterworks ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 3:10 PM

Jack and Diane, I was a member of GRC and 'Rotica. I've checked and my PW works! Cna't wait to see where the new site leads! I'd just like to say that I've folowed your "career" across the internet for the last couple of years. It seems to me that every site you've had a hand in creating has gone on the be not only extremely popular, but VERY infomative, dispite some very rocky roads! I believe AniMotions will live up to your past. Therefore I'd advise you to let the pathetic whineing of a single, self important windbag fall on deaf ears. While he has some talent and potential, my impression after monthes of his grating tone, "holier than thou" attitude and pompus ability to "speak for everyone" wheither anyone wants him to or not, has made me label him as nothing more than a TROLL living among us. The best course of action with this type is to ignore them, then, hopefully, thier egos will make them go else where! To everyone else I appologize, for letting this get to me. I will now go back to completely ignoreing the source of the annoyance. mike

c1rcle ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 3:19 PM

thanks Jack & good luck with Animotions, I hope it does really well & I'll have another place to hang out and pester the experts. Rob

Jack D. Kammerer ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 3:19 PM

Hey Mike good to hear from you again and I hope you are right, that this new site becomes as big and as informative as Renderosity, the 3D Commune and other places we've had our hands in have become! As for trolling, I am no stranger to that and I have found that a 24 hour break after reading and before reply usually helps a bit :o) Jack

Strangechilde ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2002 at 3:48 PM

Oh! Cool! I guess I have two names and passwords now. :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.