Thu, Sep 19, 8:54 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 3:46 am)

Subject: Poser Users - Bryce/Vue techniques

PabloS ( ) posted Thu, 27 June 2002 at 10:51 AM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 5:59 AM

I've been thinking about getting one of these programs but was wondering what your general composing techniques are. Do you usually generate characters in Poser then import into Bryce/Vue to finish or do the scene in Bryce/Vue first then set up your characters in Poser to import? Or would it depend on the complexity of the scene and/or pose? Any other composing techniques that I should be aware of other than the ever-popular importing textures/transparencies form Poser.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Thu, 27 June 2002 at 12:08 PM

Well, I usually do most of my work in Vue, I get the character if there is one, or prop, position it the way I can imagine then start in Vue, if the prop or character needs more work I go back to Poser, then back to Vue....kind of back and forth for a little while, then the rest in Vue...Sharen

RHaseltine ( ) posted Thu, 27 June 2002 at 12:44 PM

Vue won't export objects, and I think the same is true of Bryce, so if you wanted to do a final render in Poser you would have to export a rendered image of your Vue/Bryce scene and paste it into the background in Poser or composite the V/B and Poser renders in a bitmap application (Vue will export a depth channel for your render, which would help with masking).

chohole ( ) posted Thu, 27 June 2002 at 12:55 PM

I do it both ways on occasion, depending on the scene. I use the Bryce bmp on either a square prop, or nerds backdrop (runtime dna's infinity cove would be the same, and free). If this doen's work I export the characters as obj and then put them into the scene in bryce.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

brian71us ( ) posted Thu, 27 June 2002 at 7:13 PM

Another thing to keep in mind is that Curious Labs has announced that they are helping to make Vue able to import animations from Poser 4. I believe that right now it only imports static scenes. Brian

casamerica ( ) posted Fri, 28 June 2002 at 12:17 AM

I generally do my initial composition in Poser and then import the .pz3 into Vue. After that, it is like Sharen stated, back and forth for awhile till I'm satisfied. By the way, Bryce is totally unable to import native Poser .pz3 files. That is one major advantage of Vue over Bryce. Two other advantages of Vue over Bryce is: 1.) It appears that Curious Labs is working closely with e-on to make the two programs work better together. 2.) Perhaps the biggest advantage of Vue over Bryce is with Vue, you never, ever, absolutely never have to travel to that Hell called Corel Customer Support. I used both Bryce and Vue up until the release of Bryce 5. When Corel did not seemed at all concerned that my upgrade to version 5 was not recognizing my version 4 serial number and, instead, decided to put me on hold for 30 minutes on a long-distance call at my expense two separate times, we parted ways. I still use Bryce 4 at times, though it has been awhile. But anything that requires Poser integration is now planned from the start as a Poser-Vue project. Much smoother, much faster. Take care and be well. casamerica

Phantast ( ) posted Fri, 28 June 2002 at 10:32 AM

The fact that Bryce doesn't recognise .pz3 is regrettable, but I prefer to texture everything in Bryce anyway. The materials editor is very nice to use once you get the hang of it. I'm still using Bryce 4 so I haven't had casamerica's problems. To my mind the choice between Bryce and Vue is largely down to the sort of pictures you are interested in. If primarily landscapes, go for Vue. If primarily interiors, Bryce is much better. If you have either Bryce or Vue, there is absolutely no point in trying to use the Poser render engine for anything other than quick-see looks at the figures.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.