Sat, Sep 21, 2:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser Technical

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

Poser Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 7:30 pm)

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum.

Where computer nerds can Pull out their slide rules and not get laughed at. Pocket protectors are not required. ;-)

This is the place you come to ask questions and share new ideas about using the internal file structure of Poser to push the program past it's normal limits.

New users are encouraged to read the FAQ sections here and on the Poser forum before asking questions.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: making thumbnails

HemiMG ( ) posted Wed, 21 August 2002 at 10:33 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 12:36 AM

Is there some external program or means I can use to create thumbnails for library props? I ask because for some strange reason alot of my models have a wireframe that is the color of the object around them when I put them in texture shaded mode. I've asked curious labs about this and sent them a sample OBJ and Screenshot showing the problem and they weren't much help in regards to getting rid of the wireframe. If the objects are textured I hate to have a non-textured thumbnail. Im using a Mac if that matters.

mateo_sancarlos ( ) posted Wed, 21 August 2002 at 11:34 PM

I don't know much about Poser technical items, but I DO know you use Thumbnailer (by JimX) for that. I think it's in FreeStuff.

HemiMG ( ) posted Wed, 21 August 2002 at 11:59 PM

Thanks! I was afraid I was going to have to hack RSR files or resource forks or something. I know the Pro Pack uses PNG files straight up which would have been a great thing for Poser to have already done. I don't know why they went with a more limited less cross-platform way of doing things.

Tintifax ( ) posted Thu, 22 August 2002 at 1:19 AM

Is there any tool for PC too?

HemiMG ( ) posted Thu, 22 August 2002 at 1:26 AM

Actually I just downloaded it and it didn't work. Maybe it's becuase I'm running OS X and it isn't compatible with classic mode. I'll try booting into OS 9 tommorow, hopfully that is all it will need to work correctly.

lesbentley ( ) posted Thu, 22 August 2002 at 7:42 AM

file_21049.jpg

Here is the method I use in Pose4 to get rsr thumbnails that display transmaped objects, background colour, etc. This method presupposes that a poser square will display properly in Texture Shaded mode.

Set-up, and render your scene 600x600 or larger, leaving a little bit of room round the edges for cropping, and export the picture. Set-up a poser square from the Prop Types pallet in front of your scene so that it fills the window, (just move the square and/or the camera, not the thing you want to save to the pallet). Load the picture you saved into the square as a texture, and adjust the lighting if necessary (it might look pretty crappy at the moment, but should look OK at rsr size). Now use the dropdown list under the render window to select the thing you want to save, and save it to the pallet.

Your Pallet will contain a picture of the square in front of the camera with the rendered image on it.

As far as your problem with wire frames around objects in Texture Shaded mode, the only thing I can think of that would cause that is if the objects had been saved with the "Element Display Style" set to "Lit Wire Frame". Poser can display diffrent elements of the scene in different display modes, and it sounds like that may be happening here.

If you could post a screen shot of your display it might help diagnosing the problem.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.