Fri, Sep 20, 11:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: Poser4 to Poser5 upgrade for 140 Euro incl. vat ! !

mjtdevries ( ) posted Sat, 24 August 2002 at 7:03 AM ยท edited Thu, 05 September 2024 at 9:29 AM

Hi Everybody. I just saw something new on the egisys website this morning: special price Upgrade Poser 4 to Poser 5 in between 30 days after appearance of Poser 5: 140,- Euro incl. vat after this periode: 229,- Euro incl. vat Apparantly this is for the Poser4 without ProPack upgrade to Poser5. Since this is the first time we European customers get a good price for Poser, let's make sure that nobody misses this offer :-) I assume that it's valid for the 30 days from that unknown release date somewhere in september. Also there is no further information on where or how to order. I've just mailed them about it. I'll post in this thread when I get an answer. Thanks to Egisys/Curiouslabs for finally charging us a nice price too. :-) BTW if you click on the "upgrade now" picture you will only get prices in british pounds instead of Euro as it should do for the Netherlands and Germany. I mailed them about that problem too.

aleks ( ) posted Sat, 24 August 2002 at 7:45 AM

:) thanks for the info, that's 30 euro cheaper then softline! i'd also like to know where to order - mr. ebot, take over ;)

mjtdevries ( ) posted Sat, 24 August 2002 at 8:33 AM

If you have Propack it's 30 Euro cheaper than softline. But if you don't have Propack it is 90 Euro cheaper. Softline charges 229 Euro incl. vat for the upgrade from Poser4 without Propack and 169 Euro incl. vat for the upgrade from Poser4/Propack. (I hope shipping prices from Egisys are just as good as from Softline. Only 7,76 Euro to the Benelux)

praxis22 ( ) posted Sat, 24 August 2002 at 10:07 AM

Attached Link: http://www.egisys.com/products/?lang=EN&res=high&path=software/poser/pricing

Here's the link, but it simply points you to softline.de later jb

HuntingHurdler ( ) posted Sat, 24 August 2002 at 12:37 PM

Hi all, this price applies to all users that bought Poser 4 within 30 days before the release of Poser 5. We dont want that the users who bought Poser 4 - without knowing that Poser 5 is coming - feel ripped off. Therefor we offer them this very low priced upgrade path. Sorry, but this doesnt work for users who own Poser 4 a longer time already. If this is misunderstandable we will try to rephrase this on our website. Wolfgang

praxis22 ( ) posted Sat, 24 August 2002 at 1:00 PM

Makes sense, thanks for the clarification Wolfgang

aleks ( ) posted Sat, 24 August 2002 at 1:09 PM

speaking of fairness and ripping off, how do you explain that difference between american and europe pricing? 329 dollar = 500 euro?

HuntingHurdler ( ) posted Sat, 24 August 2002 at 1:40 PM

aleks: There are two threads that took care of that already: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=836747 and http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=837017 Wolfgang

aleks ( ) posted Sun, 25 August 2002 at 2:45 AM

thanks, wolfgang, i did the read. somehow i missed those, lol! you say: "The main distribution channel in Europe are distributors. They are covering over 90% of our current sales and covering regions and market segments we could never reach with a direct sales channel. Therefor we are not competing pricewise with them in our webshop - most of the time the distribution prices are lower than ours." yes, i understand it perfectly. translated it means that you don't want to pay for expanding your own sales net, you are expecting that your end customers pay it for you. you are even going so far end not compete with distributors by selling "normal" priced examples through your web shop although, as you say, you woud reach thus only 10 % of your potential customers = hurt only 10 % of distributors. i understand. therefore i'm somewhat surprised and happy that you managed to keep your update pricing reasonable. but you are not doing any favour to new customers.

mjtdevries ( ) posted Sun, 25 August 2002 at 6:42 AM

Damn renderosity ate my reply once again....second try: Wolfgang, I strongly recommend that you change the text on the website, because it does says something completely different than what you say. First: it talks about 30 days AFTER the release and you talk about 30 days BEFORE the release. I copied & pasted the text in this thread right from your website. Secondly: There is no mention at all on WHEN you bought Poser4. Only on when you can make us of this special offer. It's not a translation issue either, because the german part of the website states exactly the same as the english part. There seems to be a misunderstanding within your company, or at least with the person that made the webpage.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.