Thu, Oct 3, 2:20 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: Speaking of the DAZ dragon.....got a question

SAMS3D ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2002 at 12:31 PM · edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 2:20 PM

Okay, all remember when the gorilla came out, I am assuming it is the same thing....question, when you download the LE version, you have limited articulate parts....Correct, then when you buy the full blown version you now have them all....my second question, with the Gorilla LE, I downloaded the freebie, then I bought the full version, now I have 2 gorillas I can use, but why keep the first one if it is so limited? Not to be a bother but the full version of the Gorilla doesn't take his texture maps at all, I have to use the old fashion way to get the textures on him, do you think it is cause it is clashing with the LE version.....? Sharen

sittingblue ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2002 at 12:46 PM

This is a good question (bookmark). I wish knew the answer.

Charles

RHaseltine ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2002 at 12:55 PM

My gorilla textures OK - you are using the correct MAT files (P4 or PP), assuming this wasn't one where DAZ installed only one version (there are two gorilla pose folders, DAZ's Gorilla has the position poses and MAT Gorilla the textures).

Boni ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2002 at 1:09 PM

Basic reason to keep both the LE and the full version ... if you have a complex scene and don't need a detailed gorilla or dragon ... use the LE to save file size. :) Boni

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

SAMS3D ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2002 at 1:10 PM

When I go to my characters library, I have 2 rsr's, one is the color white gorilla and one is brown and I also have a mat library and pose library....so I got lots of libraries, when I go to the mat library, it doesn't seem to work correctly, I choose the dark gorilla and nothing changes. Sharen

Irish ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2002 at 1:27 PM

Sharen, I agree that it is a major pain in the a## getting the textures on the Full Gorilla - same thing happens to me! I overcame the problem by just saving him, textured correctly, as a pz3...saves alot of hair pulling and teeth knarling :) Irene

SAMS3D ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2002 at 1:29 PM

Boni, ah yes, that is a good point...but does anyone know which one I should choose so the mats appear correctly.....mine don't seem to want to work...Sharen PS; I know this isn't about the dragon, but let's pretend it does, since I am pretty sure this is going to happen to me with the dragon when I get the full version...

SAMS3D ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2002 at 1:35 PM

Oh I am so glad I am not the only one.....Irene that is a good idea, I gues I will have to do that. Thanks, but you would think there would be a logical reason why it isn't working correctly......maybe I will take a peek into the CR2 file......he he he.....nose around see if I can fix it. Sharen

Barbarellany ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2002 at 1:47 PM

I have another question regarding LE's of any kind. Is it possible to add morphs to the LEs? Since it's a millenium character and morph mover programs suggest that there are morphs that can be moved from other Mil folk, yet the resulting cr2 doesn't seem to take any of the morphs. Is there some kind of lock that prevents this?

RHaseltine ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2002 at 1:55 PM

Not got Poser open at the moment, but I think you use "All map P4" (or PP) to apply the texture and the others to adjust the tone without changing the texture settings.

Robert Kopp ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2002 at 2:52 PM

You can use the first one to make your own distributable characters. It,s the same thing like on Vicky2, I think Robert

shadowcat ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2002 at 3:10 PM

barbarelly, yes you can add morphs to the LE versions. But the morphs must be designed for the .obj that the .cr2 uses. For example you can't transfer vicky morphs to michael, but you CAN transfer morphs from vicky to the mil kids because they use the same base .obj Characters that match: Vicky - Vicky2 - MilGirls - MilBoys - MilBaby Mike - Mike2 - Steph - Aiko VickyLoRes - VickyLoRes2

queri ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2002 at 3:32 PM

Hey, Sharon, thank you, I wasn't gonna bother downloading the LE dragon but I'm already planning to build him into a cave as scenery-- why use the full model for that?? I'm assuming he's poseable.;-) Emily

Boni ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2002 at 3:55 PM

The LE dragon is posable ... just limited poses. open/close eyes, mouth on head ... no grasp on "hands" that sort of thing. It's great if you want to populate your scene more or are using the dragon in the background. good luck. Boni

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

Barbarellany ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2002 at 5:40 PM

Isn't the dragon from Mike2?

shadowcat ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2002 at 10:13 PM

no

bwldrd ( ) posted Thu, 05 September 2002 at 12:41 AM

Ummm, what textures for the gorilla, the only Mats I have are 1 for changing the gorilla to white (all white), 1 for the texture (all map) and the rest are just for changing tones, the tone change pz2 don't have any texture info in them, just color changes. Course I didn't download the Full gorilla, I got the LE then purchased the morphs and maps for it. Might wanna check the pz2 and see if the 0 0 are there after the texture lines.. eg. textureMap ":DAZ:Animals:GorillaHeadM.jpg" 0 0 bumpMap ":DAZ:Animals:GorillaHeadB.jpg" 0 0 Don't remember if I had to change them or not to have them work, but wouldn't be the first time have had to make the correction. Sorry so long winded, but hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Consider me insane if you wish, but is your reality any better?

Valandar ( ) posted Thu, 05 September 2002 at 7:38 AM

Actually, I heard the Dragon began life as Mike2 in Muscular3 mode, but they added polygons and removed others, and twisted, and mangled, until what remained is completely different than Mike. They just used it as a base shape to work from.

Remember, kids! Napalm is Nature's Toothpaste!

shadowcat ( ) posted Thu, 05 September 2002 at 1:19 PM

Even if they did, the dragon still won't take mike morphs. The geometries don't match, regardless of what was used as the base.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.