Sat, Sep 21, 9:56 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: Just got Poser 5, its slow, really really slow but I don't care really.

farang ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 12:56 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 9:45 AM

My system is 1.8 AMD CPU with 512 RAM and its like watching grass grow. My interest in Poser is in animation not stills. OK, time to take the big plunge while my credit card still has some spending power left to it. I just called my computer guy and as of tomorrow night I'll have my system upgraded to a 2.4 P4 with 1.5 Gig of DDRAM. Surely this much horsepower will make Poser5 dance the way I want it to. If not then I'll shell out an add'l $500 bucks for a 100meg 10k rpm scuzzy hard drive and an add'l 500 meg of RAM. If that don't make Poser dance then nothing will.

saxon ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 1:19 PM

Hooray an animator! Can you tell me if the dynamic clothing follows the morphs of the body underneath. In other words, do the soft body dynamics work on the clothing. Or, in other words, if you morph the boobs to wobble does the clothing wobble too... Quick, before this turns into a spec. thread...

nerd ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 1:29 PM
Forum Moderator

Attached Link: Fire Fry Animations

Before you shell out the bucks trying to make P5 run fast, you'd better try some test animations. So far I have had ZERO success using the Stoned Sloth the render aninations. Just before saving the image it blacks it out.

farang ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 1:35 PM

I'm sorry I'm not able to answer your question at this time. The clothing room has quite a bit of depth to it and will take some time for me to figure out how it works. However the collision detection will follow the underlying figures morphs just as it would the sleeve of a shirt would follow the trans movement of the arm of the arm. So if you're looking to create the image of two puppies fighting under a blanket don't worry you'll be able to do it. The thing that made me reach for the phone to call my computer guy and discuss upgrade options was when I went to the library to make a selection and got the hourglass icon. If I've got to deal with that everytime I go to choose a new pose or character then I'm not going to waste any time hoping it gets better. One solution to this specific problem would be to delete from your library those items that you know you'll never use. Thats what I did when I got PoserPro Pack and its useless "Barney" and other characters and poses, etc.

farang ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 1:40 PM

This program has a lot of depth to it. Either you're not doing something right or there will be a patch to correct it soon as this is a serious defect indeed.

saxon ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 1:44 PM

Brilliant thanks Farang! As soon as it arrives, (due in from Ireland on the 28th August) I'm off to upgrade to something similar. Expect many, many animations of two bald men having an argument!

trails2rails ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 3:13 PM

I'd like to hear from some folks who are running on 2+ Ghz Pentiums - to see if makes any difference... I fully understand why the new redering engine can be slower, and why some of the new functions may be slow. But I do not understand why just clicking around the menus is so much slower - and why some people say they don't see this problem.

toashzadel ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 5:20 PM

hmmm I want to be an animator, but I guess my 640 meg Pentium 600 isn't going to cut the mustard in this brave new Poser5 world :( trails2rails - even the menus are slow?!!? now I am worried I may have wasted my money! I may not be able to use this thing at all!!! I was interested in what machine you have & what graphics card you have. I can't afford a new machine :( cheers Steve :o)

trails2rails ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 6:21 PM

I am running P5 on a 1400 Mhz Pentium IV with 1 GB memory, and 2x120 GB 7200 RPM disks... Since some people say it's fast - and some say it's slow, it's got to be some sort of a config issue! (I hope!) Lou

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.