Wed, Oct 9, 10:19 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 09 8:07 am)

Subject: Pull all your old clothes out of your Poser closet.

soccer coach ( ) posted Sun, 15 September 2002 at 2:09 AM · edited Mon, 07 October 2024 at 3:53 PM

file_23842.jpg

Yes, it's time to pull all your old clothes out of your Poser closet, including all those old P3 clothes. This is an example using the old Poser World NYW dress. The programs I used were Compose, obj to 3dm utility program, Rhino, and Poser 5. Load the .obj file from your runtime dir. in Compose, create a new single object mesh and save to a new name .obj file. From here you can use any 3d program to reduce the mesh to around 4800 polygons (Just a wild guess). Save the new mesh and load it into Poser 5. Parent the new mesh to what ever figure (body) you want. Go to the Cloth Room and Clothify.

I scaled down the new mesh so that some skin areas were showing, pryor to Clothifying,
for a closer fit to the figure. In this case I used Daz PreTeen that has been morphed
out to an early teen.

No more "magnet this", "x scale that", "Bend" or "twist that over there".

So many clothes, so little time.

soccer coach

phoenixamon ( ) posted Sun, 15 September 2002 at 2:31 AM

I've been playing with this as well, Coach. Thanks for posting about it. :) This is really REALLY handy. It doesn't matter that the joint parameters don't match, because the "clothified" versions don't use joints. Phoenix

FishNose ( ) posted Sun, 15 September 2002 at 2:48 AM

Can one define which part of the clothing should be tight, which part should be fairly close, and which part should be loose? :] Fish

farang ( ) posted Sun, 15 September 2002 at 2:55 AM

I'm still figuring out the cloth room myself but my understanding is that the figure cannot touch the clothing mesh when it is clothifying or it won't work.

phoenixamon ( ) posted Sun, 15 September 2002 at 2:58 AM

You can separate the cloth into groups and make parts stretchier, easier to fold, non-dynamic and so on. I imagine that would do what you're talking, but it's going to take a lot of practice to get the feel of it. PhilC is having a ball with the cloth room, and he might be able to give you a better answer when he's around. Phoenix

FishNose ( ) posted Sun, 15 September 2002 at 3:17 AM

Groups? So I won't need body parts then, just define some groups in the group thingie and I can use those? Well well..... I have a feeling that once the worst flak has died down right after first release, P5 is going to take us a loooooong way - just look how far we got with P4! :] Fish

phoenixamon ( ) posted Sun, 15 September 2002 at 3:26 AM

Right-O. It's a single part prop, not a figure, define some groups with the grouping tool or in another app (UV Mapper works) and you can assign different qualities to those groups. So you could make a tight-fitting top with long flowing sleeves. PhilC also suggeted a use for it in making morph targets for conforming clothes. If you feel like looking (it's quite cool) search Phil's recent posts. It's the one about the cape. Phoenix

praxis22 ( ) posted Sun, 15 September 2002 at 6:01 AM

Is it Just me or does she look like Maddonna? :)

PabloS ( ) posted Sun, 15 September 2002 at 6:28 AM

I haven't made it to the cloth room yet but thought you could do something like this. Only question: what happens if you don't reduce the polygons? Couldn't you just pull the clothing article in to p5 and save as an obj?

Kiera ( ) posted Sun, 15 September 2002 at 6:48 AM

cool tip. ;) I haven't gone near the cloth room yet (still playing with the materials editor.. so many nodes, so little time) but as someone who frequently would squeeze vicki into posette's clothes, this is a handy tip. =p Thanks! Kiera

PhilC ( ) posted Sun, 15 September 2002 at 7:09 AM

Looking good soccer coach :)

Yes you can define additional groups for the cloth within the cloth room and assign them different settings. Still learning this myself, and yes having a ball.

philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

ronmolina ( ) posted Sun, 15 September 2002 at 7:42 AM

There are a couple of things to remember. You should not use any items that have caps on them. You know clothing items where the sleeves, neck, and bottoms have that extra Geometry on it that encloses the item and touches the figure. Also you should not use double sided Geometries. Ron

pzrite ( ) posted Sun, 15 September 2002 at 9:56 AM

Maybe I'm missing something here, but couldn't you save a couple of steps in this process and load up any of the old clothing in POSER and just "save as object"?

volfin ( ) posted Sun, 15 September 2002 at 3:18 PM

Yes, pzrite, I have done that very thing. worked fine.

Schlabber ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2002 at 4:31 AM

This works ?? GEEEEEEEEEZ - where is my Poser 5 (uhmm - hopefully somewhere over the Atlantic Ocean by now)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.