Mon, Jul 8, 1:07 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 08 12:05 pm)

Subject: Poser 5 error

RFreise ( ) posted Sun, 15 September 2002 at 12:33 PM ยท edited Sat, 06 July 2024 at 12:06 AM

Have been using P5 for several days until yesterday when it refused to open gave this following error " XML Error: Parse Error:Not well-formed at line 21" Did uninstall this morning and am running again. Anyone know what happened and how to prevent future occurance. Had no problems before this happened. Wolfeagle

Badco ( ) posted Sun, 15 September 2002 at 3:07 PM

Mine was not well formed at line 13. An uninstall and reinstall was the only fix I could find.

phoenixamon ( ) posted Sun, 15 September 2002 at 4:55 PM

The only suggestion I can make for this is try backing up the UI folder (under Runtime) and if you get this sort of error again, try replacing that folder with your backup. The error yo're getting seems to come from the XML parser, and all the XML is in the UI folder. Could be that it's getting corrupted. Worth a shot, can't hurt anything, and beats reinstalling. Phoenix

Badco ( ) posted Sun, 15 September 2002 at 5:20 PM

Thanks, Will give it a try. It hasn't done it again yet, but it did just crash again. I try to remember the old, "save often" rule !:^>

RFreise ( ) posted Sun, 15 September 2002 at 5:23 PM

Good idea looked at the folder just didn,t think about backing it up DOH dumb me Wolfeagle

phoenixamon ( ) posted Sun, 15 September 2002 at 5:50 PM

file_23893.jpg

I looked at it. I tinkered with it. I made P5 look like this. :) But there are some values in it I just haven't got a clue about yet. Phoenix

pigfish ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 7:29 PM

I contacted Curious Labs' tech support about this error. They stated that one reason the XML parse errors occur is if you have a library containing one of the following in the name: quote (") apostrophe (') ampersand (&) less than (<) greater than (>) and possibly... back slash () and slash (/). Their recommended workaround is to 1. Open the LibraryPrefs.xml file in notepad, remove the offending character from the fodler name, is, SM and save out the change. 2. Go to(sic) the Runtime>Libraries>Character folder and remove the offending character from the folder named there too. I sent an e-mail to PFWF (Poser World/Fairy World) regarding this matter since their file names for new stuff usual start with an odd character. Wonder how long it will take for the first Poser 5 patch file?

The Nudist ( ) posted Sun, 29 September 2002 at 8:54 AM

Geez, I'm glad I searched for this thread, I was just about to reinstall. I had an ampersand in the offending line. Removed it, renamed the folder, P5 is loading again. Thanks.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.