Sat, Sep 21, 6:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:32 pm)

Subject: p5 model or custom?

draklava ( ) posted Tue, 17 September 2002 at 9:50 PM ยท edited Mon, 18 September 2023 at 10:16 PM

file_24246.jpg

I want to create a model for a game that looks like this side view portrait...

I just got poser 5 and am trying to figure out if I can do this by mutating the P5 male (and adding horn props) or if I need to create a custom figure (or use a program like creature lab)

I've started messing around in P5 but can't tell if it's a waste of time to keep tweaking the default figure.

any suggestions would be helpful...

EricofSD ( ) posted Tue, 17 September 2002 at 10:09 PM

game models need low poly counts. To morph a poser figure to fit that I think would defeat the purpose. My suggestion is to model the rough shape and use texture to get your detail. Keep the polys VERY low. If the game is commercial, you may need a commercial modeler. While there are many low cost commercial modelers out there like Milkshape (made for low poly objects), probably the best bang for the buck is 3dtoolkit from www.dvgarage.com If you go to the Electric Image site, www.universe3d.com, you'll get a popup window with an introductory offer of about $200 which included EI 2.9 and Amorphium Pro 1.2. You can do anyting you want with those two products and I'm thoroughly satisfied. I'm not trying to discourage you from using Poser, just think that Poser is not oriented towards games.

draklava ( ) posted Tue, 17 September 2002 at 11:00 PM

Thanks EricofSD I should have mentioned that this is for a shareware 2D game that runs on PocketPC. I am using sprites so I will animate and take about 8 key frames for a short action sequence. The actual size is about 80x60 so it does not have to be super detailed - as long as the general shape resembles the portrait. I'd draw each fram but am not a very good artist (someone else drew that portrait) so I figure poser is good to get the general body shape and action animation I don't own any 3D model program other than poser so I'd like to do it all in there if possible

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.