Wed, Sep 18, 12:59 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 12:14 am)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: New to Photoshop

Dark_Raven ( ) posted Sat, 21 September 2002 at 2:42 AM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 5:08 AM

I have been using PSP7 and decided to give Photshop a try im using a trail version to test it out and well there are a few tools I cant seem to find that PSP& have that I love, the drop shadow tool and the flood fill tool dose PhotoShop have these if so where can I find them mine seem to be missing them? Dark Raven

Mongo ( ) posted Sat, 21 September 2002 at 5:07 AM

Either on your layers pallette or under layers menu, there is "layer style". there you can find the drop shadow. As far as "flood " goes, there is a "fill" under edit. Not sure if that is what you want. What does "flood" do?
M

Slynky ( ) posted Sat, 21 September 2002 at 8:44 AM

the normal fill tool and the gradient fill tool take the same space. to find the normal fill, press and hold the left button/mac mouse button on the gradient tool and the fill tool will pop up to be selected. this woprks on any tool where you see a little icon in the lower right hand corner.

retrocity ( ) posted Mon, 23 September 2002 at 11:24 AM

Keep in mind, the "drop shadow" is a Layer Style that will impact whatever is on that layer (text, partial image...). If there aren't any transparent areas on the layer you may not see any effect. (It is adding the drop shadow to the whole image which is outside of your viewing area)

I'm not sure but doesn't FLOOD in PSP also deal with a "pattern" as well as just colour or gradient?

If this is the case you will also want to look at the "Define Pattern" under the Edit menu. This allows you to select an area of your image and make a pattern out of it, which can be selected as a fill.

:)
retrocity

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.