Tue, Oct 22, 8:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 7:36 am)

Subject: How do I get clothing to fit a morphed character

Nebula ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2002 at 1:41 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 8:28 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_26136.JPG

Hello again,

I am sorry to keep asking questions on this subject but it is really starting to get frustrating. Everyone has been very open and helpful but I am still not "getting it".

I have the Milena character. She's wonderful! But I can't seem to dress her. I know it can be done, it's just my ignorance. Milena's morphs are full-body morphs. No individual body part morphs are used. You load Victora, then you apply the Milena Full-Body morphs and there she is. What I did was load Victoria 2 and documented her full-body morph settings. They were all zero. Then I loaded the Milena full-body morph and then documented the changes. There appear to be 18 of them.

Now that I have Milena loaded, if I load the Victora morphable clothing bra and conform it to Milena, it snaps into position on the body. But, Milena's breasts are a fair bit larger than Victorias' so the bra does not cover them much at all. (See Figure 1)

So at this point I enter the documented changes into the BRA's full-body morph settings. This would seem to me that it should then cover Milena just as it would Victoria. But this does not happen. It is somewhat close but it still doesn't fit right. And that's the frustrating part. (See Figure 2)

Typically after entering the documented changes into the BRA's FB morphs in order to get the bra to fully cover the breast causes the bra cups to swell beyond the breast so that there is a noticable gap between the bra cup and the breast. The protrusion of the nipple in the bra is like an inch away from the nipple that's suppose to be making the protrusion in the first place. (See Figure 3)

This is not so much of a problem with indellable clothing. But for clothing that is somewhat transparent, it's very noticeable. Another problem I have is that some clothing have no FB morphs to adjust. They have Scale or Translation settings but no FB morphs. In this case I try to go to the individual part (ie Left Collar, Chest, etc.) but the documented values are usually way off.

Does everyone have this problem? How do you cloth a character that does not have Victoria's dimentions? How do you cloth a character like Volupuous Vicky?? I would think, in essence, that's the same thing I'm trying to do. This problem forces me to use Victoria. She is lovely in her own right, but I purchased Milena because she's more like what I wish to model. If you own Milena and have been able to dress her, PLEASE CONTACT ME!! I would desperatly like to know how you did it. But if you don't own her, any direct help would be greatly appricated.

As always, thank you all in advance for your time and trouble.

Nebula

c1rcle ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2002 at 1:56 PM

It won't work for a very good reason, one which may cost you lots of time or a small amount of money, the main problem is that the bra doesn't have the Milena morphs built into it. The 2 ways to make the Bra fit are, spend a while getting used to using the magnets & adding the morphs to the bra with them, or you could buy a program called The Tailor from Daz3d & it would take about 10 mins to put the morphs in with that, there's a really good starter tutorial for The Tailor over at www.ronknights.com Rob

Tashar59 ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2002 at 3:00 PM

I agree with c1rcle. I would be lost without Tailor, I never use defalt setting on my characters. There are lots of tutorials for magnets, Tailor is not perfect so it's good to understand the use of magnets for small fixes. Tashar 59

herr67 ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2002 at 3:21 PM

I didn't like Tailor, I prefeer Vicky Morphing clothing pack from DAZ. Forget about making the nipple fit, rather set the 'nipple out' morph to -1 when she is dressed.

c1rcle ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2002 at 3:25 PM

you could use the morphing clothing kit, only problem is it only contains the standard morphs that ship with Vicky, you still have the problem of adding the custom morphs from characters like milena.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2002 at 5:05 PM

Also don't forget that Tailor will work on all figures and their clothes so you are not stuck with just one set. ie Possette, Mike , Natalia, what ever. Tashar 59

Nebula ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2002 at 5:22 PM

I bought the Victoria Morphing clothing kit the day after I bought Milena and I was still pulling my hair out. As for magnets, I've worked with them a little but not to good at it yet. I think I will have to look into this Tailor utility. Will it work on any clothing you get here? If I bought a dress or lingerie or something, can it make it fit her as well? Thanks so much for everyones input. I really do appricate it! Nebula

nickedshield ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2002 at 5:50 PM

bervid, Did you try to load P5 Judy into Tailor? LOL

I must remember to remember what it was I had to remember.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2002 at 8:39 PM

Don't have P5, just waiting a bit for bug fixes, my christmas present to me. So I can't say, was that a no you can't use Judy Nickedshield? Nebula- Tailor works with most clothes made for the particular figure you use. Tashar 59

nickedshield ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2002 at 10:12 PM

Tailor will not accept Judy even after creating a cr2. There are too many channel differences amongst others. I have contacted the programmer of tailor and he onformed me he would be looking into whether or not it would be a useful effort. Open a judy cr2 and compare it to vicky, eve, posette. Nickedshield

I must remember to remember what it was I had to remember.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2002 at 1:03 AM

Well that Kind of sucks. Hope CodeTwister can do something, but with the cloth room would he really need to. Tashar 59

wadams9 ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2002 at 2:18 AM

Nebula,
I'm not sure what's going wrong for you. I'm pretty sure Milena has no custom morphs, and only uses the regular V2 morphs, so if you do have the V2 Morphing Clothes as it sounds like you do -- you shouldn't be having this problem.

I just loaded up Milena, left her in default position, selected Body, and noted on a piece of paper the values of the eight non-zero morphs that affect the breasts:
Breast Sizes 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, BreastGone, BreastMale, BreastNatural, and TopSlope. I loaded the Bikini Top (which appears to be what you're calling the Bra) from the Morphing Vicki Clothing folder, conformed it, and got your Figure 1. I selected Figure 2 (the Bikini), Body, and applied all the same body morphs to the eight dials listed above.

And at that point, I have to say, I've got a great fit, much better than your Figures 2 or 3, except that the nipple is sticking out. Going in to the Left and Right Collars of the bikini and dialing a Nipple Out of .5 fixes that and it looks great. (I have to go to sleep now, but I'll post a picture some time this weekend if this becomes necessary to make you believe me.)

The only thing I can think of that you may be doing wrong from your description is you may be trying to match up too many morphs. For instance, Milena has some Left Collar morphs which, if applied to the Bikini's Left Collar, for some reason screw up its lines a bit.

But just do the ones I describe above, and you should be in good shape.

Bill

wadams9 ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2002 at 2:27 AM

Sorry, Nebula, I'm just very tired:

Everything I said in the preceding message is right except I left out two of the Body morphs, Superheroine and BreastSize1 (and I miscounted the ones I did list.)

It should be eleven morphs: Superheroine, Breastsizes 1,4,5,6,7,8, BreastGone, BreastMale, BreastNatural, and TopSlope. Those and only those -- then adjust Nipple Out on both Left and Right Collars of the Bikini Top. Watch your pluses and minuses. That really should do it.

Bill

wadams9 ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2002 at 2:32 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Milenbra.png

This is the fit I get with the procedure outlined above. (Bikini top at 60-odd% transparency).

Bill

Nebula ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2002 at 3:06 PM

Bill, Wow, that looks great! I swear that's what I've been doing. I have since given it another try and I hate to say that the darn thing worked! I have no idea what I was or wasn't doing. I swear it wasn't working. But it sure is now. I truly do thank you for all the trouble you went to. I would like to ask you another question. What would you do in the case of a dress that does not have FB morphs? I have the Cocktail Dresses for Victoria. It does not have any FB morphs. Would you go and adjust the individual part morphs? Again, thanks to everyone for their input and help! Nebula

wadams9 ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2002 at 6:10 PM

If you like to work with Milena (who is great-looking, like everything I've ever gotten from Maira), look for clothing that boasts of having the V2 morphs -- fortunately, more and more people are including them. As for adapting regular Vicki-wear, like the cocktail dresses, you can see if the individual part morphs will help you; I don't know what they have. If they don't have V2-like morphs, though, your best bet is probably The Tailor. I have always heard great things about The Tailor, and if it works as promised it's obviously worth the price. In fact, I've even bought it and just haven't used it yet -- but because I haven't, I'm loath to say it will definitely work and that you must have it.

Maybe I'll check it out for you, not on the Cocktail dresses, which I don't own, but some other Vicki-1 specific dress.

Meanwhile, don't despair that you have no clothes for Milena. If you have the Morphing Vicki Clothes, you have a lot more than perhaps you realize. The dress (and several of the other articles) has a number of different material zones which can be turned transparent or visible in the Render Materials window; this fact, combined with the Length morphs on the Hip and Thigh and sections, makes it possible to create a whole heap of different dresses in a few seconds apiece, of which I will picture just three:

Vdress.png

(There's a snappy club/cocktail dress for you on the left.) I used V2 instead of Milena to save time on conforming, but I'm sure all these conform. The longer skirt lengths will only take certain poses, but that's true of a lot of long-dress meshes that you haven't already paid for. Make all the material groups of the dress opaque and your model is covered from chin to wrist and as far down as you morph the length: it follows that with your own custom-made transparency map, you can scoop down the front, lower the backline, add a slit to the skirt, etc. Bump maps can put pleats in the skirt. None of this, fortunately, requires any real talent -- I say this from personal knowledge. So you can actually make quite a wardrobe for Milena from what you've already got. (And if you make something really nice, and charge low enough, you can sell it on Renderosity!)

Bill

Nebula ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2002 at 7:32 PM

Bill, I was not aware of the difference in clothing and the V2 Morphs you mentioned. It makes sense now. I will be more aware of this in the future. If an item says it's for Victoria 1 and 2, would it still have the FB morphs for V2? You are right about the versitility of the morphable clothing. And I will certinally try to make a few things to see how I do. Can you recommend a tutorial that might explain how to modify the dress design using transparencies? I will look in the Tutorials section. Do you have one you might recommend? You've been more than kind. Thanks again for your time! Doug

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.