Wed, Sep 18, 12:47 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Need some advice in rendering an image for a web site

Dark_Raven ( ) posted Tue, 08 October 2002 at 3:37 PM ยท edited Sat, 10 August 2024 at 4:15 AM

Im currently working on a personal site in which I want to use one of my poser characters in the Title Part of my website, I have done many diffrent renders diffrent sizes and can not seem to get the right effect, when I take I take my renders into my paint program to cut down to size to fit in the part of my web page, they seem to get stretched and distorted when I resize them so my question is this what is a good size, camera angle to use to render this image, and any tips you might have to help me achive this? The image im working with is just a single figure no background that im saving in Tiff form to cut out the default grey background and there are no props in the image as well thanks Dark_Raven

mikebruin ( ) posted Tue, 08 October 2002 at 4:16 PM

Hi Raven, It's a bit vague without actually seeing what you are trying to do. Some paint programmes don't anti-alias very well when you resize images and they look blocky or defocused. It's best to render the image at the size you plan to use it without having to resize it. You could do a render at the size of your whole title and then drop your text and a background onto that. Changeing your background colour to a bright blue or green usually by-passes any colours in a scene and can be selected and removed. copy the initial image to a new layer so you can slide other layers underneath. If you fit an image into a web page with different dimensions in the code, the browser will stretch or squash your image to match the HTML specified measurement. camera angles? Now that's a whole book no-one can put into words. Yet. If it instinctively looks good, it probably is. Hope that helps. Mike

BAM ( ) posted Tue, 08 October 2002 at 4:33 PM

While I don't completely understand your problems and it would be helpful if you could post what you've done, here are some thoughts that might help. You can set the window in Poser to a particular size. Render to that size. If you want to render to another size and shrink in a paint program then remember when you resize to maintain the original aspect ratio (How you do this is a function of the paint program you are using). A good size depends on what resolution you design for. I have chosen to design in 800x600 resolution with no more than 350 pixels wide by 500 pixels high at 72 dpi for my particular applications. When you place the picture on the web use either jpg or png. Depending on the quality in jpg your picture can be made to load quickly but not look as good, or load slowly and look better. I had terrible luck trying to use a alpha type channel in web design and just made my background in Poser the same as what I designed for the web page.

Dark_Raven ( ) posted Tue, 08 October 2002 at 10:37 PM

Thanks guys I fixed the problem just had to be a little more patient....(which is something I need to learn specially when im going to school for computer programming...;-) anyways you both help me out alot given i had no real image to show you but your tips got me the results I wanted so when I get this site done to diplay my poser stuff and other things I will have a link for everyone to come join the fun there will be some fun things to do there anyways thanks again guys Dark Raven

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.