Mon, Sep 23, 5:25 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 4:09 am)

Subject: Informal Survey: Happy with Poser5? Yes or No?

jerr3d ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 9:01 AM · edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 5:24 AM

I don't have it yet. It has not yet been released for my platform(Mac).

pokeydots ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 9:15 AM

I am very happy with it :) I have installed the patches and the only problem I encountered was one fatal c exception thingy when I loaded the Hydra model from Daz. But someone mentioned that the reason may have been because the texture were very hi res, so I saved the original texture, then made a smaller version with same name, and all is well now :)

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

Legume ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 9:27 AM

Yes.

pokeydots ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 9:33 AM

lol legume! A simple yes? geesh I expected more from you ;)

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

quixote ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 9:47 AM

Yes. Would be happier with full and independent animatable layers...:) But i'd probably be the only one who could use that. Q

Un coup de dés jamais n'abolira le hazard
S Mallarmé

AprilYSH ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 9:48 AM

i'm very happy with it too :) if you're not one of those whose system p5 doesn't wanna play with, you're usually quite happy with it... the features are deep now... so many things to do and learn! :)

[ Store | Freebies | Profile ]

a sweet disorder in the dress kindles in clothes a wantoness,
do more bewitch me than when art is too precise in every part

Jackson ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 10:06 AM

Heck no!

wdupre ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 10:08 AM

yes, from me too

Ian Porter ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 10:09 AM
Online Now!

Very happy. It was well worth the upgrade cost from P4+PP. Cheers Ian

dcasey0284 ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 10:13 AM

I'm very satisfied. Ditto Ian Porter's comment above. Doc

aleks ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 10:17 AM

no, but it's cheap. you get what you pay for. if you have another 3d application that can render well (and can import/host poser figures), you don't need p5. i wouldn't buy it again.

Dave-So ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 10:18 AM

do you really need an answer from me ???? I like the fact I can read the text on the interface now :)

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

KameiRonin ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 10:30 AM

Nope. You can find my rants elsewhere on this forum, but I'm genuinely regretting dropping the money on this ill-conceived piece of... um, software.

TalleyJC ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 10:32 AM

NO!

Dave-So ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 10:35 AM

incase you had doubt as to my answer: NO

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

Orio ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 10:37 AM

I am happy with Poser 5 so far. It works OK for me, I am getting no troubles from it. I am on Win2000. I haven't had time to test P5 thoroughly yet, but there are some things (like the face shaping tool) that I am very happy with already, and others (clothify) that I look forward to learn and use very much. I do usually render outside Poser, but if the Poser 5 renderer proves to be good, I'm looking forward to using it too, for things like interior scenes. I think that those who criticize Poser 5 for the content, should remember to keep things in perspective. Remember what used to be Poser 4 when it first came out. Great program for sure, but there was no transmapped hair then, and no Michael, no Victoria... no MAT poses.... no MOR poses... no Python.... and so on. I say: allow the 3rd party developers some time to dig into Poser 5 well, and I think we're going to see great things done to expand the usefulness of Poser 5! I am very confident in the creativity of the third parties. I hope anyway that Poser 5 is still somehow a "work in progress", and that some things will be improved. I list those that in my opinion need most quick addressing: 1) Compatibility with the plugins already released for Pro Pack, like those for World Builder, Cinema, etc. This is very important for me. I don't have Propack but I have both World Builder and Cinema and I was convinced that P5 would have allowed me to interface with them. This is the main source of regret for me now. 2) Developement for the P5 figures (Judy, Don, Kids), so that they can wear clothes made for Millennium figures. I don't know if this can be done by CL only, or if 3rd parties are allowed to do something about that. Surely, with the amount of clothing stuff I already have for the DAZ characters, it'd be very useful to be able to use those on the P5 figures. I suerly am not going to invest more money in getting clothes for P5 figures that duplicate what I already have for DAZ figures. But if an application is released, that converts those clothes, I will surely invest in it. 3) Please fix the face room output, so that the heads coming out of there aren't smaller in proportions than the body. I currently have to resize all heads down to 95% but then there's a weirdness visible in the neck. 4) please release texture templates for all P5 figures and clothes. 5) I would also like that the textures created with the parametric shaders, could be exportable as UV mapped bitmaps along with the figures. The thing is doable because it is already done by programs like Carrara, Bryce, Vue. It would be very useful for those who use Poser to render in other applications. These are my main wishes for now. No complaints, only wishes for development. - Orio

thip ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 10:41 AM

Yes.

Sassywench ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 10:44 AM

Totally Yes!

"Own the Day"

*Live*Laugh*Love*Dream*Believe*

DS user since the first alpha :)

Poser user through P5

c1rcle ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 10:50 AM

silly question, YES!!!! It's miles better than Poser4, sorry everyone who's having problems & disagrees with me, but it is.

thgeisel ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 10:51 AM

A yes from here,too

PabloS ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 10:58 AM

From what I've done with it so far, Yup.

narsil ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 11:07 AM

Ditto c1rcle Yes

Penguinisto ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 11:10 AM

Works well for me, even better since the patch... so "Yes". (what's with the download message that just popped up in Mozilla?)

Kingfisher ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 11:11 AM

YES

BrianR ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 11:13 AM

Yes despite the obviously very real hassle others have had I think it's a little gem...perfect...no but a big improvement in some areas...that said though I will still be switching back to P4 at times :O)

Ironbear ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 11:14 AM

I'd say read the Computer Arts and 3D World magazine reviews, as well as a lot of the past months threads in here before making a decision.

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

• Monkeysmell

idova ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 11:27 AM

i would say yeah it is a good program, those that are having problems are probly having problems because of program clashes (macfee dont run with quiet a few other programs as example) to those that are having problems i say check your system, you problem have a lot of things running that you didn't know you had running

soulhuntre ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 11:36 AM

Absolutely YES. Poser5 is not perfect, but it is radically more efficient than Poser4 in almost every way as well as having enough new features to allow us to stay in Poser a little longer in our pipeline. Like others I am sorry to those who have problems... but for those of us it is running for this thing usually makes us smile.

MaterialForge ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 11:53 AM

Yes!! Yes!! Yes!!

Disciple3d ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 11:56 AM

It's not as solid as I had hoped it would be. The main reason I bought it was for the face room which has proven itself uselss as far as I'm concerned. So, while parts of it please me I'd have to say "No". It has failed to meet my expectations based on the features they advertised

If you want to up your content game, get schooled to be a pro with Sixus1 Mentoring today!

jelisa ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 12:10 PM

Yes. I had no pre-patch problems and no post-patch (full version) problems. I just added more memory (1.25 Gig now) and it almost screams along. -darlisa

SAMS3D ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 12:15 PM

YES !!!

Roy G ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 12:26 PM

Yes and No. Some things I like, some things I don't. If they fix the crashing and make it faster, I'll like it a lot more.

isomaster ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 12:46 PM

kinda, It def has more power than P4, but the bugs still make me groan at times. But over all its tight, Cedric

iancollins ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 1:12 PM

Yes

redon634 ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 1:21 PM

Yes - especially for the material room and all the different render options available.

whbos ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 1:22 PM

I might be happy when I get a faster computer, so for the time being I'm using P4. Like someone else said, it was cheap and it has potential. I'll wait until CL sends me the patch on CD if they ever do.

Poser 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, Pro 2014, 11, 11 Pro

martindj ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 1:41 PM

yes yes yes

MadYuri ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 1:42 PM

No.

Tirjasdyn ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 1:47 PM

definitly YES!

Tirjasdyn

ockham ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 1:48 PM

No. I haven't had big crash problems, but the alleged improvements don't work. So until a patch comes -- by CD, not download -- that is known to make REAL improvements, I'm hanging with 4.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

shadownet ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 1:51 PM

Except for a few issues. Yes.

JoatMon2 ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 2:00 PM

Yes
And it will take me a while to get any good at it!

jefa111 ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 2:13 PM

Yes, I'm very pleased with my free promo copy :)

Papu ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 2:36 PM

Yes.

praxis22 ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 2:42 PM

disappointed

saxon ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 3:06 PM

Ecstatic...!

leather-guy ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 3:11 PM

Very pleased so far. Yes.

Peggy_Walters ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 3:17 PM

Yes.

LVS - Where Learning is Fun!  
http://www.lvsonline.com/index.html

Tomsde ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 3:25 PM

No. To be honest the new features don't turn me on as much as other people around here yet. Poser 4 seemed much simpler and easier to grasp. Although I know the new material room has potential, it was much easier just to add a texture map to a white model and be done with it. I would have perferred them to add more functionality to already existing Poser features like conforming clothes that will instantly conform to any body morphs used for the figures and a better lighting system would have been welcomed as well. Perhaps I just feel this way because of the learning curve involved with the new rooms, ask me again in 6 months and I may very well have changed my mind.

Lady Cherry ( ) posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 3:49 PM

Yes and to Those that want to be able to do complex textures ect ect this is the program, a couple of glitches but the patch should fix that. As long as your machine Fits the requirements it should be fine. It has helped me into my creative side again. To users that want simplicity and stay with old then stay with poser 4 it is much easier and not as complex and full of options as poser 5. -Love to all -Lady Cherry

The Art Door and Rendervisions Community.
For Artists By Artists

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.