Fri, Sep 20, 5:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 4:57 am)

Subject: Vue 4.1 Problems - - - Need Help !

kruzr ( ) posted Fri, 25 October 2002 at 1:22 AM ยท edited Sun, 04 August 2024 at 10:18 PM

file_28862.jpg

Evening All . . . I have a problem = I had to do a re-install of Vue 4 today, & I can no longer load any of the, "Cherry Trees / Maple Trees / Bamboo", so far. I uninstalled Vue 4.1, & removed everything related to Vue 4, on my hard drive. I did a re-boot, & installed Vue 4 from the CD. I did another re-boot, & installed the, "Vue 4.1 Update.exe" file, ( size = 6,540KB ). Did another re-boot & fired up Vue 4.1, & everything seemed to be going fine, until I attempted to load one of the above files, won't work. I've repeated this process 3 times, without any difference. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance & have a good one . . . Mark. PS: ( Error message image included. )

MightyPete ( ) posted Fri, 25 October 2002 at 2:43 AM

Make sure the directory exists just like it says there. I Mean exactly Do you actually have a folder on your c drive called? c:PROGRAM FILESE-ON SOFTWAREVUE D'ESPRIT 4plants If you do are they any files inside it? Like if you saved a scene and then moved Vue to a different location ever even so slightly it will not be able to find it. Next thing after you click ok it should ask you if you want to look for it and it is then that you must browes to the new folder. Do it for everything that is missing then save your scene file again.

gebe ( ) posted Fri, 25 October 2002 at 5:06 AM

Hi Mark, The best way to get it right is the following: Go into your c:PROGRAM FILESE-ON SOFTWAREVUE D'ESPRIT 4plants folder and delete carefully all files with Summer Cherry in it. veg, prv and so on... MAke sure you have deleted them all. Then restart your computer and install your cherry tree again. When you open Vue, it will then ask for the serial and it should work again:-) Guitta

Jilly ( ) posted Fri, 25 October 2002 at 6:01 AM

If that doesn't work, got to the e-on site and re-download the patch to make the plants work.

gebe ( ) posted Fri, 25 October 2002 at 6:05 AM

What patch Jilly?

MightyPete ( ) posted Fri, 25 October 2002 at 11:32 AM

There is a extra patch for the extra trees and plants if you purchased them.

Jilly ( ) posted Fri, 25 October 2002 at 3:43 PM

When I bought vue4 I got a little note in there saying the plants wouldn't work unless I downloaded a certain patch, which I did, and they work fine now, I had to re-install vue a while back and the plants didn't work again, so I got the patch and hey presto! Hey, you can try it huh?

kruzr ( ) posted Fri, 25 October 2002 at 5:00 PM

Hello Again . . . OK, I finally figured it out. When I 1st downloaded the 4.1 patch, it was the partial patch, ( size = 6,540KB ), & it was to be installed over the 4.06 patch, which I had installed on my Vue at that time. When I did the re-install of Vue yesterday, I didn't have, ( any longer ), the 4.06 patch to install over the CD installation, & had forgotten the procedure of the 4.1 patch. Anyway, when I arrived back home today, I un-installed Vue 4 again, went to E-On's site & downloaded the "FULL" 4.1 upgrade or patch, ( size = 9,259KB ). After re-installing Vue 4 from CD, I then installed the "FULL" 4.1 patch, & everything seems now to be going just fine, loading any trees, plants, or what ever. I thank all of you for your suggestions on this matter, but I should have known better than to try what I did. In all honesty, there are so many patches out there for all the different softwares that I own, I forget the right procedures, for the right software patches, for the right programs. It's all very confusing sometimes! Anyway, all is back to normal I'm sorry if I've bothered any of you, for something I could & should have figured out for my self. Have a good one all . . . Mark. ;^)

gebe ( ) posted Sat, 26 October 2002 at 2:56 AM

MArk, you did not bother, you're always welcome:-) Guitta guittalogo.GIF

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.